Queens v Falkirk

Well that was quite something at the end. I thought we were really poor first half and Falkirk looked the better side without really threatening. One decent save from Leighfield but while I’d need to see it again it looked like a bad miss from a Falkirk point of view. We wer much improved 2nd half and Burgoyne had a great save from Wilson’s fine effort before he was beaten all ends up by a brilliant effort from Dobbie that hit the bar. I thought both penalty decisions were correct and given the importance to both teams both were really well taken. The stupid red card (2nd yellow) likely bought us the time to equalise. Crucial point for us and when added to the 2 additional points that Falkirk had in their grasp not a bad night overall. I suspect we’ll find our usual way to lose to Morton on Saturday though [emoji45]

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Wouldn't be like the Falkirk boeys to celebrate something prematurely.

Did they do a lap of honour while letting off smoke bombs and playing Amarillo over the tannoy?  M8.png.1a202f8f5112032e7563786b5bc9f0f9.png

Hide contents

Hide contents

Looking forward to seeing Falkirk playing in the seaside league next season. 

13 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Well that game got an ending it didn't really deserve!  Both teams will probably feel they should have won it as we both had spells on top, but neither really deserved to so ultimately a fair result.  It was a pretty mental way of reaching that conclusion though!

I'm not sure what the Falkirk penalty was given for so can't comment.  The freekick that lead to it was never a foul in a million years though.  Our penalty was never a penalty so I suppose it evened itself out somehow, possibly.

Dykes clearly (stupidly) pushed the ball away with his left hand luckily he wasn't given a 2nd yellow and sent off as he got the Queens pen..... 

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just assumed you were a Sevco fan after some of your posts but I’m guessing you just do it to get a rise out of Celtic fans.

Fair play to you.

You assumed what?

You've really not been paying attention during those two years, have you?

Dykes clearly (stupidly) pushed the ball away with his left hand luckily he wasn't given a 2nd yellow and sent off as he got the Queens pen..... 
Thought that myself. He was lucky to avoid the second yellow and I suppose Falkirk can feel aggrieved about that given he got us the penalty like you said.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Those "scenes" and the slow walk red card caused the time added for our penalty. 

What red card as soon as Falkirk scored I was away was nearly out of the Arena Car Park when I heard the roar of the Queens fans run back in could not believe it when I seen Dobbie ready to score a pen amazing .Dykes fouled for the pen could not see from where I was in the Car park !!!. The Falkirk pen was very soft the Queens player had his hand at his side it was ball to hand think because the assistant ref was from Dumfries he thought he had to give it 

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

What red card as soon as Falkirk scored I was away was nearly out of the Arena Car Park when I heard the roar of the Queens fans run back in could not believe it when I seen Dobbie ready to score a pen amazing .Dykes fouled for the pen could not see from where I was in the Car park !!!. The Falkirk pen was very soft the Queens player had his hand at his side it was ball to hand think because the assistant ref was from Dumfries he thought he had to give it 

Pahahahahaha serves you right!

57 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Absolutely seething :lol: I might be biased but that was never a penalty for Queens in a million years. DKD can get straight in the sea though, another stupid red card 

The Falkirk pen was never a pen it was hand to ball not ball to hand the ref should have overuled his assistant big call to get wrong as for the Dykes pen could not see from the Car Park .

The Falkirk pen was never a pen it was hand to ball not ball to hand the ref should have overuled his assistant big call to get wrong as for the Dykes pen could not see from the Car Park .

Surely hand to ball is even more of a pen than ball to hand?

It’s still a handball.

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

So you’re saying it was a penalty then?

Ball to hand. Give us peace. It was as blatant a handball you'll ever see. He clearly pushed it away and given he had absolutely no complaints I'm not sure why anyone thinks any different.

I'm glad Dykes didn't get a second yellow as that would have been another farcical decision because his first booking was a joke.  He literally ran alongside Dixon and put a bit of pressure on him as he went to clear the ball.  Dixon threw himself to the ground and absolutely conned the ref.

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Thought that myself. He was lucky to avoid the second yellow and I suppose Falkirk can feel aggrieved about that given he got us the penalty like you said.

It was ball to hand not hand to ball what is Dykes supposed to do .You make it sound like Dykes had his arm a way out to stop a cross or something  the ref  never even seen it

Archived