Some Result For Talbot 4-1

Talbot supporter

To be fair i think it was only the most optimistic of Lochee supporters that thought they could give Talbot a game.  The tie is over bar the shouting.   They should rename the trophy the Talbot Cup.

I fear for Scottish Junior Football now.

although the west leagues are very competitive, but out with that the standard is poor.

thats twice I have watched lochee in the last couple of months and I think they would struggle to stay in the top west division, but they are undefeated in the east over 90 mins . In saying that you can only play against what's put in front of you. 

Again...well done Talbot a fantastic away result.  As a Beith fan I would still like the club to win the Scottish again...if only to rub it in further to Ladeside fans!:1eye Got to agree somewhat with the-comments above. 

48 minutes ago, Gowfster said:

although the west leagues are very competitive, but out with that the standard is poor.

thats twice I have watched lochee in the last couple of months and I think they would struggle to stay in the top west division, but they are undefeated in the east over 90 mins . In saying that you can only play against what's put in front of you. 

They went with the same counter attacking game as last years home semi but looked far less able to execute it. No idea what personnel changes they've had in the last year but a lack of decent regular opposition might be a factor. 

1 hour ago, Gowfster said:

Lochee have won their last seven games in Ayrshire, including a victory at Beechwood last season, so they have some pedigree. For anyone interested, here's my match report.

Lochee United 1 Auchinleck Talbot 4

Holders Auchinleck Talbot proved too strong for Lochee United in this Scottish Junior Cup semi-final 1st leg, coming out on top by 4 goals to 1.

The tie bore a lot of similarities to last season with the home side unable to make much of an impression on the Ayrshire team in the home leg, but keeping it close until two late Talbot goals sealed the victory.

It now looks like mission impossible for the Bluebells to overturn the deficit and prevent the ‘Bot from reaching another final.

Lochee started the brighter of the two sides and seemed determined to put last season’s disappointment behind them, but Talbot’s power gradually wore them down and they took control of the game.

It’s difficult to remember the Thomson Park side actually troubling keeper Andy Leishman at all in the first half.

On 14 minutes there was almost a breakthrough for Auchinleck as Jamie Glasgow’s close-in shot was cleared off the line by Scott Webster.

There was some controversy eight minutes later when Kier Samson went down at the feet of Lochee keeper Jordan Millar. With visiting fans screaming for a free kick and a card for Millar, the referee apparently decided Samson had stumbled after rounding the goalie.

Skipper Greg Kirk led by example when he lined up a shot just outside the Talbot box, but his effort was blocked by Talbot defenders.

With three minutes left to the break Lochee were presented with half chance when the ball fell to Connor Birse inside the box, but defenders were on him before he could get control.

Both sides would have been disappointed at their respective first half showings with neither of them creating any really clear-cut chances.

However, nine minutes after the break Auchinleck took the lead. A corner from the left found Gordon Pope at the back post and his header across goal was touched in by Graham WILSON.

Lochee replied when Reece Ritchie delivered a great through ball for Birse but again, the striker found his shot blocked.

Kirk came to Lochee’s rescue when his timely interception stopped substitute Sean McIlroy from scoring.

However, on 73 minutes the visitors grabbed their second. A strong run down the right saw the ball cut back for Dwayne HISLOP to net from 12 yards.

Bluebells boss George Shields brought on Bryan Deasley for Dougie Cameron who had been in the wars and the sub made an immediate impact. Stephen McNally sent in a ball to the back post where Deasley headed it across the face of the goal where BIRSE was on hand to divert the ball into the net.

So, it could have been game on, but Talbot went straight up the other end and scored their third, the ball coming back off the woodwork for Steven WILSON to knock the ball in at the back post.

With five minutes to go sub McILROY should have made it four when he brushed aside a Lochee defender in the box, but he screwed his shot wide.

However, in the dying minutes he was given two bites of the cherry and drilled the ball home for Talbot’s fourth.

Lochee United: J Millar, D Millar, Kenneth, Kirk, Webster, Cameron (Deasley 78), Ritchie, Lawson, McNally, McComiskie, Birse.

Auchinleck Talbot: Leishman, Lyle, Pope, McPherson, McCracken, S Wilson, Hislop, White (Armstrong 75), G Wilson (McIlroy 68), Glasgow, Samson (Kemp 68).

Lochee have won their last seven games in Ayrshire, including a victory at Beechwood last season, so they have some pedigree. For anyone interested, here's my match report.

Lochee United 1 Auchinleck Talbot 4

Holders Auchinleck Talbot proved too strong for Lochee United in this Scottish Junior Cup semi-final 1st leg, coming out on top by 4 goals to 1.

The tie bore a lot of similarities to last season with the home side unable to make much of an impression on the Ayrshire team in the home leg, but keeping it close until two late Talbot goals sealed the victory.

It now looks like mission impossible for the Bluebells to overturn the deficit and prevent the ‘Bot from reaching another final.

Lochee started the brighter of the two sides and seemed determined to put last season’s disappointment behind them, but Talbot’s power gradually wore them down and they took control of the game.

It’s difficult to remember the Thomson Park side actually troubling keeper Andy Leishman at all in the first half.

On 14 minutes there was almost a breakthrough for Auchinleck as Jamie Glasgow’s close-in shot was cleared off the line by Scott Webster.

There was some controversy eight minutes later when Kier Samson went down at the feet of Lochee keeper Jordan Millar. With visiting fans screaming for a free kick and a card for Millar, the referee apparently decided Samson had stumbled after rounding the goalie.

Skipper Greg Kirk led by example when he lined up a shot just outside the Talbot box, but his effort was blocked by Talbot defenders.

With three minutes left to the break Lochee were presented with half chance when the ball fell to Connor Birse inside the box, but defenders were on him before he could get control.

Both sides would have been disappointed at their respective first half showings with neither of them creating any really clear-cut chances.

However, nine minutes after the break Auchinleck took the lead. A corner from the left found Gordon Pope at the back post and his header across goal was touched in by Graham WILSON.

Lochee replied when Reece Ritchie delivered a great through ball for Birse but again, the striker found his shot blocked.

Kirk came to Lochee’s rescue when his timely interception stopped substitute Sean McIlroy from scoring.

However, on 73 minutes the visitors grabbed their second. A strong run down the right saw the ball cut back for Dwayne HISLOP to net from 12 yards.

Bluebells boss George Shields brought on Bryan Deasley for Dougie Cameron who had been in the wars and the sub made an immediate impact. Stephen McNally sent in a ball to the back post where Deasley headed it across the face of the goal where BIRSE was on hand to divert the ball into the net.

So, it could have been game on, but Talbot went straight up the other end and scored their third, the ball coming back off the woodwork for Steven WILSON to knock the ball in at the back post.

With five minutes to go sub McILROY should have made it four when he brushed aside a Lochee defender in the box, but he screwed his shot wide.

However, in the dying minutes he was given two bites of the cherry and drilled the ball home for Talbot’s fourth.

Lochee United: J Millar, D Millar, Kenneth, Kirk, Webster, Cameron (Deasley 78), Ritchie, Lawson, McNally, McComiskie, Birse.

Auchinleck Talbot: Leishman, Lyle, Pope, McPherson, McCracken, S Wilson, Hislop, White (Armstrong 75), G Wilson (McIlroy 68), Glasgow, Samson (Kemp 68).

Unlucky to Lochee, I'm not a fan of a two leg semi final. Steep hill to climb but brilliant outfit of a club. Best team in Fife

4-1 probably best represents the gulf between the East and West juniors,most of the West S/League teams would beat Lochee

I think it represents the gulf between Talbot and every other team more than just the east. They’re on course for the clean sweep this season and I can’t see any club challenging them.

Just now, .Stuart. said:

I think it represents the gulf between Talbot and every other team more than just the east. They’re on course for the clean sweep this season and I can’t see any club challenging them.

I think tiredness could be their biggest opponent when the midweek games come in. It defiantly contributed to them losing the league last season where they looked heavy legged after winning the Scottish, particularly in the home game v Pollok where a win would have clinched the title and more famously the following week at Cumnock.  

I think tiredness could be their biggest opponent when the midweek games come in. It defiantly contributed to them losing the league last season where they looked heavy legged after winning the Scottish, particularly in the home game v Pollok where a win would have clinched the title and more famously the following week at Cumnock.  

I remember the now famous 2-2 draw win for cumnock only too well. The boys were dead on their feet 2nd half.

Gave their all but ultimately not to be.

Beith gracious and worthy league winners, probably deserved the league for consistency throughout.

Buffs also blew the league so bitter sweet.

Best league run in for years.

Can't win them all...... if you're cumnock then you can't win any f**ing thing.

Archived