Todays scores 30/3

GNU_Linux

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe someone could give the Vics a bit of credit.
We played a team last week with a great home record last week and got a deserved draw and this week deserved a draw against the top of the league.
Must have been the pitch though eh.

2 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

For the legend to say that anyone thinks they are a good team and they're no is funny, you are top of the league in that way, you've been bragging away about Darvel for a while now and where are you?

Considering we had no wins from 7 we are doing no too bad 

Got to remember we are every teams cup

final 

1 hour ago, BL2 said:
1 hour ago, andy25 said:
Largs Thistle 2 Hurlford United 2
Full-Time

Hurlford fans are absolutely horrific

Seriously 

Was that two flares I seen coming onto the park being tossed from the Largs supporters and not to mention the Police having a very strong word with a Largs supporter at the end of the game 

5 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Maybe someone could give the Vics a bit of credit.
We played a team last week with a great home record last week and got a deserved draw and this week deserved a draw against the top of the league.
Must have been the pitch though eh.

You totally deserve credit for that, but in my opinion, just my opinion, when someone says something negative about your pitch your straight on defending it when it's very hard surface to play football on, but it's only the juniors eh? What do you expect

You totally deserve credit for that, but in my opinion, just my opinion, when someone says something negative about your pitch your straight on defending it when it's very hard surface to play football on, but it's only the juniors eh? What do you expect
I haven't defended the pitch. Did it play a part in the result, yes as a poor clearance from our defence due to ball bouncing badly gifted Glencairn their 2nd goal.
If you want to talk about pitches the majority of them are far from bowling greens at this time of the year in Scotland and that includes many of the lower levels of the senior game.
I doubt many junior clubs have the financial capabilities to carry out much more than some remedial work to keep pitches playable never mind making them bowling greens.

Kilsyths park was in great condition last week considering recent weather but it cut up at times and players lost their footing at times too.
It's just the way it is if we play through the winter months.

Your neighbors up the road have a good playing surface and don’t have a great budget but I hear volunteer workers keep it in good playing condition
They may not have a great budget now , though it will be more than the Vics and many others. However Meadow have had far greater funding in the past decades which will have helped maintain their pitch with or without volunteers.
If fans want to see football on perfectly flat even surfaces every week , then the only way to achieve that is clubs play on astro.
I wonder how that would go down [emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

Is that the whole 15 o them?

They had a decent turn out today actually - looking forward to the second leg.

Even our league match, in the middle of winter, had one of our best gates of the league season.

I've just read this thread and the comments about the pitch. My own thoughts are that the pitch was difficult for both teams to play on, so that balanced itself out. As for the mystery of the added time, the penalty was given before the end of the 3rd minute of added time, so that's not an unusually long stoppage time considering there were stoppages for injuries to several players, two substitutions during playing time, and play had to be held up for about a minute because all of the match balls had been kicked out of the ground.

I was surprised the Vics' manager didn't use any of his five named substitutes to break up our momentum at the end of the game, but he stuck to his starting team for the whole game and ended up paying the price.

That's football.

Good people at Irvine Victoria, I enjoy talking to them when we play each other, and we had a good chat with a few of your guys after the game too.

Dundee Violent game abandoned after they were reduced to 7 men.
That's not the rule, a team must have a minimum of 7 men to start a game, but there is no rule to say it must be abandoned if they are reduced to 7 men. Rangers v Hearts a few years ago proved that, and I'm sure a Pollok match was allowed to finish a few years ago when their opponents were down to 6 men.

Poor keeping got you a point conversely 
Fair result over 90 minutes Benburb first half the better with Cumbernauld better in the second. As stated ref was clueless. So much that the the ref gave a drop ball when the ball was still in play, to discuss with the lino if the ball had crossed the line for a corner. I kid you not. The lino was 2 yards away looking right at it, the ref 25 yards away. Utterly clueless. [emoji23][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Fair result over 90 minutes Benburb first half the better with Cumbernauld better in the second. As stated ref was clueless. So much that the the ref gave a drop ball when the ball was still in play, to discuss with the lino if the ball had crossed the line for a corner. I kid you not. The lino was 2 yards away looking right at it, the ref 25 yards away. Utterly clueless. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It was an enjoyable game and despite the obvious disappointment of losing the equalizer when we did it would be churlish to dispute the eventual outcome ...a good advert for junior football but not junior officials....you're right the assistant gave no indication as to what happened and the ref made a tit of it .Our first penalty wasn't so I suppose justice was done with the piss poor attempt at conversion .Tractor boys for us next here's hoping we can avoid old water filled divots

It was an enjoyable game and despite the obvious disappointment of losing the equalizer when we did it would be churlish to dispute the eventual outcome ...a good advert for junior football but not junior officials....you're right the assistant gave no indication as to what happened and the ref made a tit of it .Our first penalty wasn't so I suppose justice was done with the piss poor attempt at conversion .Tractor boys for us next here's hoping we can avoid old water filled divots
Also just before the final equaliser for Benburb it was a stone wall penalty when the defender covers his face with his arm to block his face from a shot.

Archived