Elgin v Annan

Agree with Thom& Gerry. Our record against Annan is poor and I assume we will be missing Omar today. I will go for a comfortable Annan win but hope I am totally wrong. Will we try some of the fringe players given our season is over?

Annan should have won by more. They are not pretty but are well organised and defend properly. The playoffs will be very unpredictable but I for one would be happy for Annan to progress as we seldom compete with them. More effort from Elgin today but lack of quality and never looked like scoring. Poor crowd perhaps reflecting end of season apathy from the supporters. Quite a few of the players are not good enough and I hope contracts are not offered to them. However getting better players as usual will be difficult given our location

In response to Gordon 9736 I would not offer contracts to Kerr, Loudon,JP ,Sutherland,  or  McLeish. I would not sign either of the loan players Morrison or Gourlay if they became available. MacIver  would do if available.

JP has been a loyal servant to Elgin but his playing days are over. He may have a role to play. Possible new manager perhaps?

Anyone else have any views on next season?

Wilson, Cooper, Mchardy, Cameron, Omar, Hester and Mchale signed for next year. I personally would keep McGovern as a squad player but heard he is retiring to Marbella! In an ideal world I would not offer contracts to any of rest,  young players exempted. Mcivor has shown promise but think he is being retained by County. That all said there is no point in replacing players unless you can get better in.

On 30/03/2019 at 18:49, elginer said:

Annan should have won by more. They are not pretty but are well organised and defend properly. The playoffs will be very unpredictable but I for one would be happy for Annan to progress as we seldom compete with them. More effort from Elgin today but lack of quality and never looked like scoring. Poor crowd perhaps reflecting end of season apathy from the supporters. Quite a few of the players are not good enough and I hope contracts are not offered to them. However getting better players as usual will be difficult given our location

Forget the location pal - it's an easy excuse.Annan are in the same situation .It's   up to the manager to work with  the best he has available.Peter Murphy will move   on to better things  I am sure.

• 3 weeks later...
In response to Gordon 9736 I would not offer contracts to Kerr, Loudon,JP ,Sutherland,  or  McLeish. I would not sign either of the loan players Morrison or Gourlay if they became available. MacIver  would do if available.
JP has been a loyal servant to Elgin but his playing days are over. He may have a role to play. Possible new manager perhaps?
Anyone else have any views on next season?

But your happy with the ‘local’ defence?
8/9 next season then