The cost of drinking in pubs

i was in iceland in jan and never paid more than £4 a pint.every pub has a happy hour and all at different times.you can happy hour pub crawl your way round the city and never have to pay full price.

i would advise against drinking spirits in iceland as they are not allowed to be included in happy hours and will cost you a tenner with mixer.

I did the happy hour crawl on my third day there, first two days we were being shown around by a couple of locals that are working with my girlfriend, they were trying to impress and took us to some "hip bars" good local beers but pricey

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a group of my mates used to drink regularly in pubs around the city centre however in the last 5 or so years, all got memberships for our local clubby. As opposed to paying £3.50+ for a pint of tennents in the town, we are £2.40. 8 pints for under £20, cant beat it

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

i was in iceland in jan and never paid more than £4 a pint.every pub has a happy hour and all at different times.you can happy hour pub crawl your way round the city and never have to pay full price.

i would advise against drinking spirits in iceland as they are not allowed to be included in happy hours and will cost you a tenner with mixer.

Someone on here said it was £12-15 a pint in Norway, when I went to Bergen in the Autumn it was about £6.50 for the local brew. Went up to £10 for international brand names. He was probably drinking in a strip bar or a posh hotel.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

When I was aff it a while back my mate got charged 2.90 for said drink. He claimed he top decked the bog in protest.

If you have “fancy” soft drinks they’re pretty much the same price as booze. I probably wouldn’t drink 20 virgin mojitos then fight a bouncer though. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

When I was aff it a while back my mate got charged 2.90 for said drink. He claimed he top decked the bog in protest.

Really annoys me that when I'm trying to give my liver some time to recuperate or driving. Must cost 10p max, and no duty. Call it 50p to cover staff etc and a decent profit.

Why anyone would spend £5 a pint on a night out in a pub when they could get a 4 pack of bud and a cheap bottle of red for £10 and drink in the house is beyond me. People are fucking mad.

Anybody who drinks ‘Bud’ is a fucking moron.

It’s a pretty inoffensive choice compared to what else you can get for the same price. You need to have a decent balance with quality and quantity for the price your paying for a night in.

Why anyone would spend £5 a pint on a night out in a pub when they could get a 4 pack of bud and a cheap bottle of red for £10 and drink in the house is beyond me. People are fucking mad.

Drinking in the house is for losers.

7 minutes ago, philpy said:
12 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Drinking in the house is for losers.

Bullshit.

It is if you don't control it. In a pub you realise you're getting pished when you walk to the bar, at home you don't and you wake up with an enormous hangover without noticing what you drank. Well done if you can, I'm not very good at it.

Archived