The cost of drinking in pubs

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Found a nice boozer in East Kilbride yesterday that did McEwans export on draft very rare these days

Bit heavy sitting never had it for years maybe I am to used to my Tennents lager these days

Was a wee trip back down memory lane

No had a can of export in years, might go to the shops later and see if they have some.

13 hours ago, scotfree said:

The place I lived before moving here had 7 pubs in it. Now there is only 3. And they are clubs rather than pubs. Labor club, Bowling club, and Miners club. 

It costs around $5 ( Around £3 ) for a schooner (425 ml) of beer here.

£3 for an entire sailboat filled with beer isn't so bad.

Image result for a schooner is a sailboat

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Found a nice boozer in East Kilbride yesterday that did McEwans export on draft very rare these days

Bit heavy sitting never had it for years maybe I am to used to my Tennents lager these days

Was a wee trip back down memory lane

aye,its a right shame, always delighted when I find a place still serving it on tap

43 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

Is it against PnB terms & conditions to name a pub you have enjoyed? Otherwise please share so we all can enjoy. Particularly interested in this one in EK as I'm just down the road in Hamilton. 

dunno about that place but just off sauchiehall st near charing cross The State and Variety still serve it

if youre in Inverness, The Gellions and Market Bar(downstairs)

worth a thread in its own right

I absolutely love going for a drink in so-called dodgy pubs . Living in Dundee and a frequent visitor to Methil I'm spoilt for choice. 

I can highly recommend Caws in Dundee City Centre and the Polepark Bar in Brook Street. The Purple Cat in Wellesley Road Methil and the Argyll Bar are also terrific for a lunchtime pint. 

I've always been made very welcome, in fact in Caws a guy once arrived with a tray of cream cakes, offering everyone in the place one. With the current political situaton going on in the UK and worldwide places like the Purple Cat in Methil and Caws in Dundee actually warm my heart...

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

dunno about that place but just off sauchiehall st near charing cross The State and Variety still serve it

The State Bar is a top 5 pub in Glasgow, no question.

14 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

The State & the Variety were my work "locals" when I worked for the Revenue years ago, great pubs.  My local is the Station Bar in Yoker, the owner always has great deals on the go, e.g. Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA, 330ml bottle, 5.6abv, £1.25 a pop. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Belhaven make some great bottled ales.

Archived