Mo V Stranraer

Better start a thread just to show that there is some interest in this one.

Huge game for both clubs. A win for Montrose would see us above the magical 40 point mark and almost, surely see us safe for League 1 next season.

A win for Stranraer would pull them right back into the mix and leave us in an erse clenching position.

My prediction,  a very tense 1-0 home victory where aforementioned erses will be collectively clenched. 

Two things. First I hope SP doesn't change his starting eleven too much as we need a settled side until safety is assured. Second, we'd better not see a second half like we did last Saturday 'cos we won't get away with that every week. No predictions - it depends on which attitude Mo turn up with.

Very little between the teams in 3 previous games this season and really can't see much difference tomorrow.This has been quite a challenging season for blues supporters,budget restraints etc but we're still right in the mix.Been said we are maybe better playing away from home, hopefully that will be the case on Saturday.

I hope SP stays with the same team but based on history I'm sure there will be some changes. Milne was sharp when he came on last week so can see him swapping in for Henderson. Rennie might get a start over RC after getting his goal last week.

Huge game again for the Mo. Would snap your hand off for a scrappy 1 - 0 win again but hopefully it wont be quite as nervy.

Not a fan of the changing line ups we appear to have adopted either.

Saturday/Tuesday are huge games and strongest starting 11 surely a priority for maximum points and the probable safety that would bring. Let's start with top goalscorer please SP.

Another one to file under 'professional performance', and it would now take a catastrophe to be relegated from here.

Not too easy on the eye for the most part again, but almost all the quality play from the blue shirts. Never really looked in danger of losing, though Stranny did have a quick 10 minutes on the front foot after scoring. They are quite a resilient team, but are really going to have to scrap to stay up now.

Good 3 points today to be honest,never seen 3-1 coming but would take that all day long.
Battling performance from everyone,Ross Campbell had a really good game up top held the ball up well won free kicks and corners and never gave their defender's a minutes peace.Gets a lot of unnecessary stick in my eyes on and off the field but never hides away.To be honest Masson was my MOTM he has been back to his best last couple week's and never gives up.Last mention to the ref take it he lost his cards could have been a few bookings for both sides that went unpunished.

A solid 90 minutes from Montrose even though Stranny came out guns blazing second half. Well they had to didn't they? Mo rode it well and gave as good as they got second half always looking just as capable of scoring as did Stranraer. To be fair Stranraer weren't a bad side but you could tell they are a struggling club at present and had only three subs plus a trialist on the bench. They have one outstanding player who excelled in all games against the Mo, Kyle Turner who I reckon will be on the move this Summer. 

Not over yet though with 15 points or more still to play for - still work to be done but full credit to the Mo today.

Pretty comfortable today, especially first half. Stranraer showed a wee bit more in the second half but the third goal really killed it off although they pegged us back a bit after scoring. 

Credit to Ross Campbell who takes a lot of stick but he was in the thick of everything today.

Also a mention for Stranraer big No. 18 who was a real handful for the Mo defence. Good in the air and really quick for a big lad  

Unfortunately no support for Innes till spells in 2nd half. No pj crossan again. If he had been available  i would have gone 4-4-2. Too many players off form and with no confidence. Badly missing Adam Cummins as well. Defence struggling at times. Not a good formula for success. Aghh...

A dominant performance yesterday. 4-3-3/4-4-2 we defended well and were creative from the start. A fantastic opener from Lewis Milne; he is finding his feet again. I really like Captain Watson and the side’s congratulations to him; make him feel welcome and he will deliver. He tried some things that didn’t come off in the second half but, the crowd were patient and willing to go with him. We were delighted for Euan Henderson heading the second. A third from Paul Watson and I was looking for a clean sheet, easy victory when they scored a well struck free kick. Alan Fleming got a bit of stick from the bench but, I couldn’t see it: the ball came of the inside of the far post, I’d maybe look at whomever gave the freekick away. Stranraer had a couple of good players but, I was disappointed in them. They’ve given us a hard time this season but, not today. A bad time of year to lose form. I fear for them (Stranraer and Stenny for the drop). I thought the ref had a good game - didn’t give two played for it pens and kept his cards in his pocket. Very impressed with Ross Campbell today, some great touches and link play and a huge grin when he came off. Well done Rossco! Onward to Brechin.