Dublin in a day

Torpar

I'm heading over the Atlantic in two weeks time, flying into Dublin en route to Scotland, landing on a Saturday morning and leaving for Belfast the following morning, any recommendations on what to see with limited time? My fiancee and I are not Guinness fans, so have no interest in the brewery.  

On a side note, I booked with Aer Lingus after looking first at flying with Wow Airlines via Iceland, something told me the prices for Wow looked too good to be true, the whole company seemed a little off and this morning they went bust. Hopefully no P&Bers (well none of the  good guys anyway) had flights booked with them. 

I second the Galway shout but I’d imagine that’s not an option.

Go to the Exchequer for a lunchtime feast. Roast Rib of beef (pork or chicken if you’re that way inclined), sides and a bottle of wine for €70. I was there a few weeks ago and it was superb, comfortably fed 3 people.

1ba34395-1aa2-4143-a271-6f194f5d0f56.jpg

49 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I second the Galway shout but I’d imagine that’s not an option.

Go to the Exchequer for a lunchtime feast. Roast Rib of beef (pork or chicken if you’re that way inclined), sides and a bottle of wine for €70. I was there a few weeks ago and it was superb, comfortably fed 3 people.

1ba34395-1aa2-4143-a271-6f194f5d0f56.jpg

I thought that was for one.

Sweetman's pub - just across the river from O'Connell Street - does an excellent pie with all the extras at lunchtime for around than 10 Euros. Plenty of good beers on tap as well once you get past the Dublin prices. 

On 3/28/2019 at 14:08, Torpar said:

I'm heading over the Atlantic in two weeks time, flying into Dublin en route to Scotland, landing on a Saturday morning and leaving for Belfast the following morning, any recommendations on what to see with limited time? My fiancee and I are not Guinness fans, so have no interest in the brewery.  

On a side note, I booked with Aer Lingus after looking first at flying with Wow Airlines via Iceland, something told me the prices for Wow looked too good to be true, the whole company seemed a little off and this morning they went bust. Hopefully no P&Bers (well none of the  good guys anyway) had flights booked with them. 

I can recommend this place for a wonderful plate of Irish Stew. Live traditional music on most nights.

Also Guinness tastes much nicer in Ireland than it does anywhere else.

https://www.visitdublin.com/see-do/details/the-brazen-head

Archived