Alternative League Awards

1. Player of the Year - Dominic Thomas for me his hat trick against us purely, just shows you why’s he plays for Kilmarnock and should be playing higher than league one.

2. Dud of the Year - Roy Loy

3. Most Improved player - Danny Denholm seems to be great player whenever east fife played Arbroath, one of those names that’s a bit like Ross Davidson you don’t think he’s great but on his day he looks a player and for me he’s impressed me

4. Goal of the Season - Dom Thomas

5. Save of the Season - Darren Jamieson saving our very own Docherty’s penalty when we had the chance to beat Arbroath for the first time this season at home.

6. Cry baby / Temper of the year - Bobby Barr telling the referee that east fife shouldn’t be awarded a chance to equalise v Dumbarton at home.

7. Defensive Player of the Year - Dougie Hill of Brechin

8. Most Skilful player - Dylan Easton and one player you just love or hate really.

9. Best away experience - Not one stands out unless Berwick gets promoted or Ayr gets relegated so for this case the 2-0 won over Raith is the only away day that’s made it enjoyable going to between that and visiting Dingwall stroke dalymount park over in ROI that fits this case in terms in the Ef support.

10. Best catering - I like ours but I’m not going to put ours so I’m giving this award to none other than Arbroath!!

1. Player of the Year - Dominic Thomas for me his hat trick against us purely, just shows you why’s he plays for Kilmarnock and should be playing higher than league one.

3. Most Improved player - Danny Denholm seems to be great player whenever east fife played Arbroath, one of those names that’s a bit like Ross Davidson you don’t think he’s great but on his day he looks a player and for me he’s impressed me

5. Save of the Season - Darren Jamieson saving our very own Docherty’s penalty when we had the chance to beat Arbroath for the first time this season at home.

6. Cry baby / Temper of the year - Bobby Barr telling the referee that east fife shouldn’t be awarded a chance to equalise v Dumbarton at home.

8. Most Skilful player - Dylan Easton and one player you just love or hate really.

9. Best away experience - Not one stands out unless Berwick gets promoted or Ayr gets relegated so for this case the 2-0 won over Raith is the only away day that’s made it enjoyable going to between that and visiting Dingwall stroke dalymount park over in ROI that fits this case in terms in the Ef support.

10. Best catering - I like ours but I’m not going to put ours so I’m giving this award to none other than Arbroath!!

react_up.png  

I know you are picking from a small sample size, but as an arbroath fan Denholm winning any award is funny.

I know you are picking from a small sample size, but as an arbroath fan Denholm winning any award is funny.

Most improved one anyway. Very good last season, then since he got halved against Forfar not been the same since apart from occasional flashes. I really like him but he's not even been getting a game over Omar [emoji51]

Our top goal scorer last season... maybe got a couple tops this season?

react_up.png  

You haven’t beaten us 2-0.

We’re poor but we’re not quite that bad.

You haven’t beaten us 2-0.

We’re poor but we’re not quite that bad.

Maybe he's talking about the total wins against you this season???

3 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Jamieson hardly had to move for Docherty’s “penalty”

Player of the Year

Has to be Linn really.

Dud of the Year

Stevie Aitken. I always thought he could do a job for the Rovers, but what a disaster he had this season.

Most Improved

Don’t pay much attention to this, I’ll say Linn because everyone else has.

Goal of the Season

Goal scored by the Arbroath boy last month was a very, very good goal. 

Save of the season

Cant remember anything special to be honest

Cry Baby

Here we go. I usually don’t like former players getting stick, as they always come back to haunt. However I take exception to this if its clear it really gets to the player. The Brian Fairbairn rule as it were. Step forward Bobby Barr. Didn’t really react much most of the season, but he didn’t disappoint this past week. Over-exuberant celebration after assisting a consolation goal in front of the South Stand, followed up by a delightful wee post on twitter about it all. Braw. Part of me hopes we end up playing Annan next season as the Chris Johnston situation shows a lot of promise.

Defensive Player of the Year

Any one from the Arbroath back line. I’d give it to Thomson, proved the doubters (me) wrong. Looked a bit past it last season, and I was confident we could replace him without a great deal of hassle. Wrong.

Most Skilful

Dunno, some guy at Forfar looked pretty handy. I still think Baird is an excellent player also, very clever and would have him at the Rovers in a heartbeat.

Best Away Experience

Great league for it this season. Arbroath and Montrose are but a short train ride away, with Brechin and Forfar close if dreadfully lacking in decent public transport links, although my liver thanks me for this. Stranraer is a bit shit and were it not for the return of SJM I don’t know if I would have enjoyed Dumbarton that much – but that’s probably the best away game for us this season. Huge away support, vocal and a great performance promising so much from the great man. Oops. 

Best Catering

Meh. Much is said about Brechin and Forfar but I found them to be underwhelming. My pie at Brechin could have been revived by a particularly good vet, and the Steak Pie at Forfar felt like it had been printed from a 3-D Printer. I’d go for either Arbroath or Montrose, I remember eating there and not being disgusted by it, so that’ll do for me. 

It’s been a shite old season on the pitch, but there’s some grand away days in this league that’s for sure.

Player of the Year

Got to be Bobby Linn, phenomenal season from him.

Dud of the Year

Stevie Aitken. Purely in terms of the colossal chasm between how good he clearly thinks he is and how good he actually is. A decent manager should have had Dumbarton challenging this season, top 4 minimum.

Most Improved

No idea to be honest. Can't think of anyone who I've thought was shite before but has had a good season. Why not Bobby Linn again.

Goal of the Season

Ross Forbes has scored a few screamers. Seem to remember a free kick against Stenny that was an absolute peach.

Save of the season

I think the Brechin keeper made a decent save against us a couple of weeks ago. Not many standing out tbh.

Cry Baby

John McGlynn for losing it at Bayview earlier in the season and getting sent to the stands. Also seems to give particularly salty post match interviews.

Defensive Player of the Year

Thomas O'Brien. Always impressed with that Arbroath backline. O'Brien seems to be the one that stands out.

Most Skilful

Dom Thomas looks like a really skillfull wee player.

Best Away Experience

As a ground, Gayfield is my favourite to visit in this league. Hate Stark's Park as a ground but winning away there at new year and finally putting out utterly honking record against Rovers to bed was good.

Best Catering

Stenny soup

Archived