Motherwell vs St Johnstone

Motherwell midfield far better in possession than our three, but the Well defence is shite and look to have a few errors in them, especially with Kane harrying them.

Need to get MOH and Kemnedy on the ball higher up the pitch more often as I think they’d both get a lot of joy.

Liam Craig has touched the ball twice since his penalty miss. Him, Goss and Davidson is giving us no energy in midfield, get Callachan on. Take any of the three off.

Foster been decent. Kane isolated at times but putting in a great shift.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done alright, playing this shape suits us much better. Similarly Goss has added a bit more composure on the ball even if he looks  bit switched off when saints aren't on the ball. I love Davidson but there are days where his his lack of ability on the ball really frustrates you; with him on a booking I'd be tempted to take him off for Callaghan on soon given he'll now be less effective. Be ideal if had Alston to come on in that role though. 

Another bloody penalty miss though.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Count yourself lucky you don't have to watch it every week.

It's weird. He had a great chance to be clean through but decided to wrestle Kerr instead aswell.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Liam Craig has touched the ball twice since his penalty miss. Him, Goss and Davidson is giving us no energy in midfield, get Callachan on. Take any of the three off.

I dont think we cope defensively without Craig. Goss is adding nothing, a few neat touches isnt enough. 

Davidson is who I'd take off though, just a matter of time until hes sent off, his shite first touch has led to a couple of counters and a yellow for him. A professional footballer who cant control a pass.

Deserved lead, any team who allows an opposition centre half to saunter deep into your own half, and play a pass to the edge of the box, under no pressure, deserves nothing.

Kane missing the target, twice, from within six yards sums up this season. Missed opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

And there it is. 

:(

And as always, all discipline and ability on the ball has vanished the moment we conceded.

Far too easy. I genuinely think we've had about two shots on target since the winter break, it's just embarrassing watching us try and attack teams.

CB to full back, full back to midfielder, midfielder to full back, straight out for throw in. It's boring, Tommy.

Negative, turgid, predictable, shite, yet again.

Wright is the best manager we'll ever have, but it's at the stage where he'll be forcing fans away with this. Its acceptable when you're winning, but when you're going almost four months without setting up to win a game, and barely creating chances, it's not.

Our seasons over now, hes not got an excuse not to open up, if we spend the next 7 meaningless games playing for a 1-0 our season tickets sales will be horrendous.

Nothing in the match for 70 minutes but one of those games where after we went behind we were done for. I thought three flattered Motherwell but then you consider that Frear missed when clean through and Tait hit the bar as well. Crazy.

Wright tried to match up and largely succeeded but the side effect was their centre backs having time on the ball and the opener comes from that. It's a nice flick and finish though. I guess by that stage it seemed like a first goal the winner type of fixture.

Big moment for us is the penalty miss. It's a crap kick from Craig. Infuriating.

Work to be done ahead of next season for sure. For Tommy Wright, that should start on Monday morning.

First hour fairly even but The Motherwell subs changed the game. As mentioned we fell to bits after conceding.. it’s not as if we’re piling forward in chase of an equaliser so no excuse for it. We haven’t looked like a team who would battle back from a deficit for a long time.

A squad full of talented attacking players and we can barely put any semblance of attacking play together. Just force the ball forward and hope we get a break seems to be the game plan.

Agree with RG’s comments, nothing to lose now. Either we open up and try to play some attacking play or all but the most committed of Saints fans will give games a swerve.

23 minutes ago, Radford said:

Work to be done ahead of next season for sure. For Tommy Wright, that should start on Monday morning.

God help us if hes not already started.

Over confidence seeping into the squad ... That's your best one in a while. Utter tosh. If you know the manager or any of the players then you would be assured there is no such issue as over confidence within this squad.

To be fair, I don’t think that’s exactly what Random meant. Pretty sure he isn’t referring to over-confidence in regards to their footballing abilities or performances, but rather an over-confidence that they’re guaranteed a spot in the team regardless of how badly they play.

Archived