LOCHEE v TALBOT...........TALBOT v LOCHEE

happy

5 hours ago, ham1sh68 said:

If you mean Garry Kenneth, ex Dundee United and Scotland centre half (two caps), then he played last week against North club Hermes in a defeat on penalties in the North/Tayside Cup.

No, not him. Will try and find the team lines from last year. The guy was probably the best player on the park in both games and made one mistake and that led to our first goal. 

23 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Thought White was tremendous for Talbot. Great team performance also. 

I think White has been Talbot's best player since he got his place back in the team for the Ayr game. I was thinking time was up for him as he barely played in the first half of the season but he has shown he still has plenty to offer. Mr Consistent

Edited by Wile E Coyote

7 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I think White has been Talbot's best player since he got his place back in the team for the Ayr game. I was thinking time was up for him as he barely played in the first half of the season but he has shown he still has plenty to offer. Mr Consistent

Was very influential in getting Talbot on track in the Pollok quarter.  I honestly never thought we'd still be seeing him at this point after his leg break. Think he was the wrong side of thirty when that happened. Superb player. 

No, not him. Will try and find the team lines from last year. The guy was probably the best player on the park in both games and made one mistake and that led to our first goal. 
Dougie Cameron is the player you are talking about.

1 hour ago, monty59 said:
4 hours ago, Lord Talbot said:

Dougie Cameron is the player you are talking about.

Aye,  I have literally just spotted his picture in today's match programme 

Thanks

Tayport were a real force for a few years in the nineties.Whatever happened to them?

Tayport were still a force until around 2007 after which they dropped off. Why that is I wouldn't know but for a club that only stepped up from the amateurs in 1990 they've achieved alot namely 3 junior cups + 3 runners up, 2 east superleagues + 2 runners up & winning the old Tayside league 9 times in 10 seasons.

Tayport were still a force until around 2007 after which they dropped off. Why that is I wouldn't know but for a club that only stepped up from the amateurs in 1990 they've achieved alot namely 3 junior cups + 3 runners up, 2 east superleagues + 2 runners up & winning the old Tayside league 9 times in 10 seasons.

One reason. Money.

11 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

He had a difficult game against Hearts but that's hardly a yardstick to judge him by, especially since he has been immense for Talbot ever since he set foot in Beechwood.

One of many superb servants to Auchinleck Talbot FC but also one of the best.

Edited by jimbaxters

4 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

One reason. Money.

What a load of bollocks. If money was the issue, it was the effect of money at other teams and not less at Tayport.  You being a Broughty supporter should know where the local money has been in the last few years if any players are in it for the buck. 

The Tayport players were on weekly peanuts and the end of season bonus after winning numerous trophies including the Scottish was where they got some kick back. Even then it was not a huge amount.  I was on as much as them back then when with Jeanfield Swifts. 

Tayports great teams basically aged together and most players had 100s of appearances.  The only impact back then was the sudden bank rolling of the now defunct St Josephs  (before the superleagues) by Peter Marr.  That project competed with Tayport for a while and did lure a couple of players including the previously mentioned Kenny Cameron Junior (Albeit he was on Amateur forms).

The standard of player in this neck of the woods has simply reduced.

As an example at least 3 of those "legends" have sons who are unfortunately not as good as their fathers.

Edited by superbigal

What a load of bollocks.

The Tayport players were on weekly peanuts NO THEY WEREN'T.

The only impact back then was the sudden bank rolling of the now defunct St Josephs  (before the superleagues) by Peter Marr. CORRECT. . . THE SAME WAY THAT THE SAME PETER MARR BANK ROLLED TAYPORT.

The standard of player in this neck of the woods has simply reduced. UTTER DROSS

As an example at least 3 of those "legends" have sons who are unfortunately not as good as their fathers. WHAT A SHIT EXAMPLE. DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT AND YOU KNOW IT.

You appear to be very sensitive when it comes to Broughty Athletic. Hope you're ok.