Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

i'm a right contrary bas.  feeling myself changing on this.

Bin the players that don't want to play.  They're the ones who should be taking the pasting.  imagine if Harry Kane had told England he wasn't playing their opening game because of a plastic pitch.  The media would crucify him.

F* it.  I back McLeish.

The folk that are drawing conclusions about his health without any evidence can gtf as well.  The man's not completely media savvy, in the internet age.  Doesn't mean he has dementia.  

32 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That would be nice, Thanks.

Of course it does. Money, Sex and Power are the only 3 things that EVER matter.

Must be hard when you're a VL then, but at least you're sticking it to a guy who earns quite a bit of money, in the face of potential serious health problems.

What's the figure where you'd start having sympathy for him?  Or is it a dual-scale on the extent of his illness too? 

.......and the boy McNulty's miss on Sunday was as bad, but the game was already won (just) by then - so it will be forgotten about.  

Not in the slightest - but folk often forget that iwelumo helped change the game when he came on. Him and Fletcher held the ball up much better, and got us into dangerous situations.  

That miss could've happened to any player, and doesn't really have any bearing on the quality of that player. It was a freak incident, a one in a thousand.

It also shows the fine margins between success and failure, especially in international football.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Must be hard when you're a VL then, but at least you're sticking it to a guy who earns quite a bit of money, in the face of potential serious health problems.

What's the figure where you'd start having sympathy for him?  Or is it a dual-scale on the extent of his illness too? 

Yes, it would need to be weighed up with one against the other.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thank f**k football supporters have changed, with any luck your "men shud be men n pansies shud be floo'rs" generation will die off soon and we can discuss the football like normal people.

Yeah, I hope they die off soon too because I happen to disagree with them and am a normal person.

30 minutes ago, tirso said:

i'm a right contrary bas.  feeling myself changing on this.

Bin the players that don't want to play.  They're the ones who should be taking the pasting.  imagine if Harry Kane had told England he wasn't playing their opening game because of a plastic pitch.  The media would crucify him.

F* it.  I back McLeish.

The folk that are drawing conclusions about his health without any evidence can gtf as well.  The man's not completely media savvy, in the internet age.  Doesn't mean he has dementia.  

Regardless of the players who dropped out (and it was only a handful), the guys McLeish had available were more than capable of getting a result, and definitely well more than capable of playing like that. No matter who he has picked across the various friendlies and competitive matches, the shape and organisation of the team has been awful, and it is clear that the manager is the common denominator in that.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Regardless of the players who dropped out (and it was only a handful), the guys McLeish had available were more than capable of getting a result, and definitely well more than capable of playing like that. No matter who he has picked across the various friendlies and competitive matches, the shape and organisation of the team has been awful, and it is clear that the manager is the common denominator in that.

I think I sit somewhere in the middle of all of this. Do I want him to be the manager? No and I didn't want him back in the first place. 

Thursday was the final straw, regardless of what happened on Sunday there was no coming back from that, but the aftermath sums up the ineptitude of those at the SFA. It's been a week since the shambles in Kazakhstan, why are we still arsing about trying to find excuses to sack the manager on the back of one of our worst ever results.

I've come to the point where I now feel very sorry for McLeish, he absolutely should be sacked on the basis that results and performances haven't been good enough,  but this is turning into much more than that. Articles speculating on health issues being related to his performance in the job come across as inappropriate guesswork. 

4 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

My guess is that Maxwell wanted rid and didn't have the backing. It did say in the original story that he still had to get that backing.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Jackson isn't the most likeable guy, but he has a lot of good sources and very rarely gets big stories like this wrong.

My reading of this is that Maxwell (who wasn't there for the appointment) wants McLeish out but MacRae (and possibly Petrie) still supports him.

Maxwell and McLeish were allegedly appointed by opposing Board 'factions' in a 'horse trade'.

Jackson isn't the most likeable guy, but he has a lot of good sources and very rarely gets big stories like this wrong.

My reading of this is that Maxwell (who wasn't there for the appointment) wants McLeish out but MacRae (and possibly Petrie) still supports him. My guess is that Maxwell as CEO will win out.
Aye, he's had loads of these types of stories.
Such a great journo that he can't even enter his twitter handle properly Screenshot_20190328_191259_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I see Scoop Jackson is subtly walking back his story.

Record still maintaining though that the 'troubling episode' took place and that Maxwell wants to sack him.

Jackson must have a source for them to be that confident of it, even if said source is pushing an agenda/talking shite

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

My reading of this is that Maxwell (who wasn't there for the appointment) wants McLeish out but MacRae (and possibly Petrie) still supports him. My guess is that Maxwell as CEO will win out.

Jackson has got his timings wrong but fully expect that McLeish will be on his bike soon. Not sure whether  he’s being used or complicit in dropping some pebbles in the pond. In what is  already a tense situation with the fans stories like this will help move Mcleish along