Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

40 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Give over with that patter. It's 5 years past it's sell by date. McLeish is a millionaire several times over and  he can pay off a shitty tax bill with his spare change.

It's apparent he's fighting a much bigger battle  with his health.

He went from Scotland to Birmingham to Aston villa do you really think he gives a feck about the fans?

The bad decisions hes made as a manager has followed him everybody meets their maker.

If we're looking for a manager worth their salt, we need to be able to accept that they will move onto what they see as a better job for them when the opportunity arises. The Scotland job is not the most tempting so I don't see how we should be blindly expecting someone to show loyalty.

Edited by Principal Flutie

6 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

If we're looking for a manager worth their salt, we need to be able to accept that they will move onto what they see as a better job for them when the opportunity arises. The Scotland job is not the most tempting so I don't see how we should be blindly expecting someone to show loyalty.

Get the St Mirren boy that plays Champ Manager in his PJs.

seeing as the women's team manage to qualify for things these days perhaps our proposed team picking committee should be mainly composed of women.

So I propose

Maggie Broon, A L Kennedy, Clare Grogan, Karen Gillon, Big Kawser and as token male...

Spoiler

5c9cca1791959_smudgerlook.jpg.d044612d32b7ab41ebfed96ebf336de0.jpg

You're playing on that pitch. plastic or not, you bone idle shagbag. Don't make me get the claws oot...

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Wait, what? Pre-employment medical checks are pretty standard.

The government website suggests that employers can only carry out health checks if it's a legal requirement (eg eye tests for drivers) or if the job requires it (eg if insurance companies require health checks on cycle couriers).

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The government website suggests that employers can only carry out health checks if it's a legal requirement (eg eye tests for drivers) or if the job requires it (eg if insurance companies require health checks on cycle couriers).

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that the stress of being the Scotland manager requires and individual of sound physical and (especially) mental health.

My selection Committee would be:

Alan "Biscuits" Preston (who would only be allowed to pick non-Hertz players)

Packie Bonner (who would only be allowed to pick non-Celtic players)

Gary Caldwell (just to see Miles Storey playing for Scotland via the residency rule)

David Tanner (who would fill airtime professionally while names were drawn from a hat)

and

The Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox MP.

Edited by VictorOnopko

Engineering consultants I have worked for usually ask for access to your medical records before hiring you. I assume that if you say no, you don’t get hired. Even then you are on 3-6 months probation.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Presumably he would have been given a medical as he would surely have been expected to take training sessions etc ???

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Presumably he would have been given a medical as he would surely have been expected to take training sessions etc ???

Standing in a tracksuit directing training doesn't take a lot of physical effort. He has coaches and fitness instructors for the physical part.

You're not very bright, are you?

34 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that the stress of being the Scotland manager requires and individual of sound physical and (especially) mental health.

I would imagine that good mental health would be preferable for most managerial level jobs, but it's not clear to me that it would be entirely legal not to hire someone on that basis, or even to ask about it.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Engineering consultants I have worked for usually ask for access to your medical records before hiring you. I assume that if you say no, you don’t get hired. Even then you are on 3-6 months probation.

I have no doubt that many businesses choose to operate in this way, but legally they are probably not allowed to discriminate based on your health. That doesn't mean that they don't do so in practice.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Standing in a tracksuit directing training doesn't take a lot of physical effort. He has coaches and fitness instructors for the physical part.

You're not very bright, are you?

So Coaches and Managers don't have medicals at all ??

Rather strange I'd think or maybe it's you who's the thicko.