Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Charlie Nicholas saying he'd 'love' the SFA to consider Malky Mackay, saying he would be the best choice and supporters should back him - few of his sentences made it sound like he's already been given the job.

That'll be all the convincing the SFA need anyway.

oaft

23 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Genuine suggestion here, and one that I know will be ridiculed, but I couldn't help but put it out there.

Mark Warburton.

Did a decent job in the Championship, plays decent football, seems to be the sort of analytical type that we need after the old school jobbers McLeish and Strachan - and said in his Si Ferry interview that he'd be interested in international management. He's not a massive racist either - which is another positive.

Tell me he isn't a better option than everyone on that Coral list (barring Moyes, who would be ok imho).

*takes cover*

Managed Sevco, not tenable.

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

An actual serious suggestion I have seen is Slaven Bilic, has experience of bringing a country with a similar population to Scotland's to major tournaments

He's an absolute scumbag BUT if he can get Scotland to the finals of a major tournament that could be overlooked.

27 minutes ago, morrison1982 said:

Kris Boyd got slaughtered for casting doubt about Cathro, particularly after Killie got humped by Cathro's Hearts at Tynecastle.

He got slaughtered for annihilating a guy who had just got his job. Yea Cathro failed but Boyd was no fortune teller. Most managers end up failing so he was just having a pop in a completely unnecessary manner. ....and I don't like Cathro

38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed.  And yet every single one of them - with the exception of Alky MacKKKay - would be an improvement on McLeish.

Moyes or Clarke would be okay with me.  I fully expect it to be Moyes or Gemmill.

That's really what you're going with here.............

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Charlie Nicholas saying he'd 'love' the SFA to consider Malky Mackay, saying he would be the best choice and supporters should back him - few of his sentences made it sound like he's already been given the job.

That'll be all the convincing the SFA need anyway.

Literally about to post that Malkkky thankfully seemed to be out of the running this time. Insert appropriate horrified GIF.

Is it possible that one of the candidates could be recently successful, and not a has-been looking for a high-profile job to relaunch their career from? Not having been outed as a massive bigot would be nice too.

11 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

An actual serious suggestion I have seen is Slaven Bilic, has experience of bringing a country with a similar population to Scotland's to major tournaments

Said it previously, I can't see Slaven taking another job. Towards the end of his tenure at West Ham, he looked like death. Also had to have his hip replaced which impacted his work on the training ground which he said got to him quite a bit. Seems happy with his media role now, and looks a lot better for it. 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Said it previously, I can't see Slaven taking another job. Towards the end of his tenure at West Ham, he looked like death. Also had to have his hip replaced which impacted his work on the training ground which he said got to him quite a bit. Seems happy with his media role now, and looks a lot better for it. 

Sounds like an international role would be ideal for him.

38 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Genuine suggestion here, and one that I know will be ridiculed, but I couldn't help but put it out there.

Mark Warburton.

Did a decent job in the Championship, plays decent football, seems to be the sort of analytical type that we need after the old school jobbers McLeish and Strachan - and said in his Si Ferry interview that he'd be interested in international management. He's not a massive racist either - which is another positive.

Tell me he isn't a better option than everyone on that Coral list (barring Moyes, who would be ok imho).

*takes cover*

Barrie McKay would be delighted.

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No takers?

Again....nobody is saying we will do anything. There is middle ground between hysterical nonsense saying all our players are terrible and saying we have good players that another manager could get good performances from