Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Stelling said:

It'll be Gemmill. Talks with anyone outside of the bubble would have leaked.

Or, probably more likely, they haven't talked to anyone.  I would not be the least bit surprised if they plan to sack him, yet haven't got anyone at all lined up.

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

Or, probably more likely, they haven't talked to anyone.  I would not be the least bit surprised if they plan to sack him, yet haven't got anyone at all lined up.

Good. Invite applications for 2 weeks, review the applications in a week, conduct interviews the following week, have someone in place for mid-May. Let an assistant help with picking the squad for June.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Also very likely. However, given Doncaster's sits on that pathetic board I'm expecting a carbon copy what England did. 'Cause, you know, that's how it works up here. Gemmill gets the keys til the end of this campaign. They've probably bought him a Primark waistcoat to wear already.

We need a manager who is moving with the times. Top level football today is insanely analytical, the data gathered is massive, its being treated like a science now. Thats what many of the top players are used to.

Except, in this country, we have seen Ian Cathro be slaughtered by the media for taking that approach. We need a change of mindset.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good. Invite applications for 2 weeks, review the applications in a week, conduct interviews the following week, have someone in place for mid-May. Let an assistant help with picking the squad for June.

While that's fine, it's not really "good".  If they do sack him today, then it probably means they've been thinking about sacking him since the last window.  In that time they could have been sounding out replacements so that we can actually move fairly quickly and have someone in place ready to actually start working.  Given the glacial pace the SFA move at, I wouldn't be surprised if that 2 week window became 4, interviews took 2, and then our first 3 options tell us to f**k off.  We're not talking about a competent outfit here.  They've pissed about for almost a month now, and that doesn't bode well.

7 minutes ago, Stelling said:

Also very likely. However, given Doncaster's sits on that pathetic board I'm expecting a carbon copy what England did. 'Cause, you know, that's how it works up here. Gemmill gets the keys til the end of this campaign. They've probably bought him a Primark waistcoat to wear already.

Which, although it doesn't really need saying, will be fucking dreadful.  

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We need a manager who is moving with the times. Top level football today is insanely analytical, the data gathered is massive, its being treated like a science now. Thats what many of the top players are used to.

Except, in this country, we have seen Ian Cathro be slaughtered by the media for taking that approach. We need a change of mindset.

'Gie it tae the big man quicker fur fuck sake!'

'Channels! Channels!'

'Take im oan, take im oan!'

'Seconds! Seconds!'