Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

I'm very happy if he's gone but this social media norm of mocking his health or possible alcohol problem just because he isn't doing a good job is way out of line. I find it pretty gross to be honest.  He's struggling not a job so all that is OK?  Not for me. 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The SFA have paid for his EBT plus he walked out on Scotland before any where else in the world would not tolarate that yet the SFA gave him a second chance it was a fecking joke from the start.

Give the Sevco chat a rest for once you moron.

21 minutes ago, swing_kinker said:

I'm very happy if he's gone but this social media norm of mocking his health or possible alcohol problem just because he isn't doing a good job is way out of line. I find it pretty gross to be honest.  He's struggling not a job so all that is OK?  Not for me. 

There will also be a few like that, but the vast majority on here seem to be reasonable people.

The targets of any 'anger' at that appointment should lie in the senior echelons of the SFA - not Eck himself, who deserves to go with his dignity intact and ultimately be remembered for great services to our game as a player and manager.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

BBC reporting - with implied quotes from the SFA - that the story is bullshit.  Keith Jackson strikes again.

I'd say not really. The article leading at the moment just says there are no plans to hold a board meeting today to discuss McLeish., which may well be true. I can't see anything denying the story and saying he's not going to be sacked. 

4 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I'd say not really. The article leading at the moment just says there are no plans to hold a board meeting today to discuss McLeish., which may well be true. I can't see anything denying the story and saying he's not going to be sacked. 

This is true, to be fair.  As usual though, the name Keith Jackson has the potential to turn any story into unmitigated nonsense. 

Without direct quotes from the SFA, it could be read as a non-denial denial.

3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I say let’s get back to the 50’s/60’s style of management , pick the Scotland team by committee .

On my committee I’d have Willie Miller , JK Rowling , Nacho Novo , Jim McLean , Jimmy Calderwood and Princess Anne 

Who would you have on your committee ? 

Fish from Marillion

Midge Ure

Sir Alex Ferguson

Rowan Atkinson

Peter Capaldi

Samuel L Jackson

Keith Jackson is a fucking fanny. I still chuckle when I recall that time he "exclusively revealed" the brand new Celtic strip (green and white hoops - what a scoop!) which was actually some supporter's attempt at a design from the huddle board or some such website.

He's a twat (Hi Keith, we know you read this - ya fanny).

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The SFA have paid for his EBT plus he walked out on Scotland before any where else in the world would not tolarate that yet the SFA gave him a second chance it was a fecking joke from the start.

Give over with that patter. It's 5 years past it's sell by date. McLeish is a millionaire several times over and  he can pay off a shitty tax bill with his spare change.

It's apparent he's fighting a much bigger battle  with his health.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Cove Rangers are one of the best run clubs in the country.   Them being in tier 5 doesn't change that.  They're ambitious, in a new ground and are desperate to play league football.  

A bizarre outburst.

Yep get John Sheran in as the new manager.

Three players being sent off and him having a twenty five minute meltdown blaming the referee and official corruption afterwards would be huge entertainment. Perhaps belated late call ups for "Shagger" McManus and Eric Watson as well.

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Keith Jackson is a fucking fanny. I still chuckle when I recall that time he "exclusively revealed" the brand new Celtic strip (green and white hoops - what a scoop!) which was actually some supporter's attempt at a design from the huddle board or some such website.

He's a twat (Hi Keith, we know you read this - ya fanny).

That he's frequently appointed journalist of the year by his media mates is just another indicator of the old firm old pals act that is Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Kazakhstan fair fucks but losing in Israel wasn't one of our "worst results ever", they aren't minnows.

Agreed regarding Israel. They had a couple of decent results in their first two qualifiers (drew 1-1 with Slovenia, beat Austria 4-2).

The reaction to that game was more about performance than result. It should have been a right scudding, but they missed most of their chances.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

This campaign is a write-off, so I hope the new man in uses it to try something different and not picking deadwood who will only fail us again in the 2022 WC qualifiers.

Our slide down the rankings should be called negligence from our governing body. Our national sport is broken due to those running it.

I do feel a bit sorry for McLeish, but it's clear he didn't have the players behind him.
 He should rightly be remembered and thought of as an Aberdeen legend and the man who pulled of a couple of momentous victories during his previous spell in charge. If there are any health issues, I hope he receives the best treatment available and makes a speedy recovery. 

Not clicked the link, but I hope Peter Grant has been removed from the set-up. Now there is an arsehole.

The campaign is clearly not a "write-off". We're only two games in and we won one of them. There is a pretty decent chance that we will finish in the top 2 if we win every remaining game against Cyprus, Kazakhstan and San Marino and then take 4 points off Russia. That is not beyond the realms of possibility, given the run of form we went on at the end of the last campaign. And even if we miss out in the group, it's important to build momentum for the play-offs.

The "deadwood" that you mentioned was nowhere near the team in either of the last two matches. The line-up against Kazakhstan was our youngest in about 40 years, and James Forrest was the oldest player on the park.

Archived