Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Based on nothing other than my own observations he gives me the impression of a punch drunk former boxer, not sure if anyone saw the documentary Alan Shearer did a while back about brain injuries and the effect of heading just one ball, never mind 20+ years of it being your main strength as a player.

Clearly I may be talking absolute sh*te but he doesn’t seem quite right and I hope he prioritises his health as it is not fair to put someone under that level of pressure, scrutiny and ultimately scorn and ridicule if they are are unwell.

He looks more like an alky beetroot heed barely stringing a sentence together. Having an episode reads to me getting utterly smashed out his tits

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I think three of them are dead but the SFA has proved that they are an equal opportunities employer I suppose!!!

Big Jim died years ago. It's a reversible suit with the furry Sammy bear costume on one side and the bard of Kelty on the other. We pretend Andy Ryan is injured but he was taught to say "did you know I'm the last Dunfermline player to score a winning goal at Ibrox?" so now alternates between his Sammy/Jim personas when he's let out of his cupboard. 

I remember an interview McLeish had about 3-4 years ago, he looked like he could hardly string a sentence together. I was absolutely fucking shocked to see that he was given the Scotland job not long after that.

Not to say that he should be ruled out solely because of his health, but how he ever ended up in consideration is beyond me. I feel sorry for the guy, he's the SFA's scapegoat and obviously has never had the players' backing. Yet another damaging episode for Scottish football.

It's been plain to see there seems to be an issue with McLeish's health. He struggles badly in interviews and the last bizarre statement of Scotland "starting well" when we were actually 2-0 down within 10 minutes typified that.

Bringing him back was a lazy appointment by the blazers, and they should really walk too.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think it would be illegal for an employer to ask about a person's medical history prior to them taking the job (or after they were employed).

Wait, what? Pre-employment medical checks are pretty standard.

43 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just reads like lefty jealousy bullshit to me, there are plenty of people with afflictions that would swap all their riches just to be well.

That probably says more about you than it does about me.................

Cove Rangers are one of the best run clubs in the country.   Them being in tier 5 doesn't change that.  They're ambitious, in a new ground and are desperate to play league football.  

A bizarre outburst.

This campaign is a write-off, so I hope the new man in uses it to try something different and not picking deadwood who will only fail us again in the 2022 WC qualifiers.

Our slide down the rankings should be called negligence from our governing body. Our national sport is broken due to those running it.

I do feel a bit sorry for McLeish, but it's clear he didn't have the players behind him.
 He should rightly be remembered and thought of as an Aberdeen legend and the man who pulled of a couple of momentous victories during his previous spell in charge. If there are any health issues, I hope he receives the best treatment available and makes a speedy recovery. 

Not clicked the link, but I hope Peter Grant has been removed from the set-up. Now there is an arsehole.

Just now, WATTOO said:

That probably says more about you than it does about me.................

No it doesn't, I'm quite happy to come across as a bawbag when it suits but your splurge was just total nonsense, you just sounded like a bitter fanny.

Whether McLeish is showing some early signs of dementia(due to his line of work), some addiction issues or any other not yet discussed issue, his wages should have zero impact on the level of sympathy and compassion he receives from people.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

No it doesn't, I'm quite happy to come across as a bawbag when it suits but your splurge was just total nonsense, you just sounded like a bitter fanny.

Whether McLeish is showing some early signs of dementia(due to his line of work), some addiction issues or any other not yet discussed issue, his wages should have zero impact on the level of sympathy and compassion he receives from people.

If you read the original post, you would have seen that people were "feeling sorry" for him due to being booed by fans etc, the bottom line is that if you take a position which pays a Kings ransom then you have to take the rough with the smooth, by the same token, if he is ill and knew he was ill when taking the position, then he's basically defrauding the supporters as he must have known he couldn't do the job to the best of his ability due to illness.

Sorry, no sympathy from me.

8 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

This campaign is a write-off, so I hope the new man in uses it to try something different and not picking deadwood who will only fail us again in the 2022 WC qualifiers.

Our slide down the rankings should be called negligence from our governing body. Our national sport is broken due to those running it.

I do feel a bit sorry for McLeish, but it's clear he didn't have the players behind him.
 He should rightly be remembered and thought of as an Aberdeen legend and the man who pulled of a couple of momentous victories during his previous spell in charge. If there are any health issues, I hope he receives the best treatment available and makes a speedy recovery. 

Not clicked the link, but I hope Peter Grant has been removed from the set-up. Now there is an arsehole.

There aren't that many players left to choose from, realistically.  The worst players in the last two games are the younger ones who most folk have been clambering for: O'Donnell, McKenna, McGinn and Shinnie.  If we're going to jettison those guys, you're talking about guys like Jason Naismith.  The problem has been that the best players - for whatever reason - have been unavailable to McLeish.  

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If you read the original post, you would have seen that people were "feeling sorry" for him due to being booed by fans etc, the bottom line is that if you take a position which pays a Kings ransom then you have to take the rough with the smooth, by the same token, if he is ill and knew he was ill when taking the position, then he's basically defrauding the supporters as he must have known he couldn't do the job to the best of his ability due to illness.

Sorry, no sympathy from me.

Whereas you'd have sympathy if he had took on a role at Tesco, non-management obviously.

Let’s hope McLeish isn’t made the scapegoat that allows the SFA to wriggle away from more bad decision making. Very little will change until reform is made at the very top level. Like rugby and other sports the leaders need to start making decisions that benefit our game as a whole and not solely around individual allegiances 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

In normal life I'd agree with you, however I simply can't feel sorry for someone who is earning (using the term loosely) over £400k p/a.

In case anyone is in any doubt, this is around 20 times more than the national average for Scotland, meanwhile there's people with real problems such as trying to feed their families etc,  so No, I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him as it comes with the job.............

What a massive c**t.

Archived