Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Keith Jackson - new levels of brass neckery in today's rag.
Calling the SFA crass and cack-handed in how they managed McLeish's sacking? He was the bellend who made the "deeply troubling episode" pish public!
And the all-caps rant at the end just sums up the petulance of the man. MVIMG_20190419_103842.jpg

Oofya.  Genuine verge of tears stuff there, Keith!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SFA have mentioned nothing in the entire thing about this being any kind of mutual agreement based on health issues, right?  Now, if that were the case, it'd be a little scummy to actually mention it, but it would be a tremendous out for the SFA.  "We didn't know at the time, but we can't do much about it now other than this".  Absolves them from some of the blame (or at least it might in their eyes).  But they didn't do that, they said the results weren't good enough, which I think paints them in a worse light.

So why this absolute gimp is still battering in with this ghoulish line is baffling to me.  My wee boy's only two, but if he could write, I expect that caps paragraph would be the sort of stuff he would write if I said he couldn't watch Hey Duggee anymore.  Proper toys out the pram stuff.  

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Calling the SFA crass and cack-handed in how they managed McLeish's sacking? He was the bellend who made the "deeply troubling episode" pish public!
And the all-caps rant at the end just sums up the petulance of the man. MVIMG_20190419_103842.jpg

Eck is players, makes no sense Keef.

On 18/04/2019 at 12:13, 7-2 said:

Journos frantically writing McLeish Sacked pieces.

Keith Jackson frantically writing a GIRUY...telt yus all piece.

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Now there's a SURPRISE.

10 hours ago, Jeremiah_Cole said:

What would happen is that a whole load of players would retire from international football, just as McArthur, Ritchie, Snodgrass & Cairney did.

We can enact the four day rule even with retired players.  So every time there's a Scotland squad none of them.play in their next club game.  I'm not talking people like Snodgrass I mean the likes of Tierney.  Make it very clear there will be no picking and choosing games, and anyone taking the piss gets the same in return. We have to work with clubs but not bend over for them.

The point is to prevent episodes like a few years ago when Celtic withdrew something like five players the week.before an old.firm game, then all five started the old firm game.  Enact the four day rule.then all five miss it.  Do that once and you will see withdrawals plummet.

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In the case of Snodgrass, it was featured fairly heavily in the Daily Record that his mother has been rehabilitating from a stroke, which as anyone who has experience of that will tell you, is a horrible, all-consuming process.  In Ritchie's case, he chose not to make it public (as is his right, so let's not pretend the fans are somehow entitled to know), but McLeish was quite clear that he hadn't retired.  It really only takes a minute on Google to find these things out, but no, "players can't pick and choose games" or "these guys just want to enhance their CV"  is the default and nonsensical reaction.

In both cases, asking not to be included in the national team squads is personal and frankly none of our business, so I'll gladly not f**k off.

Whether either player is a massive loss is neither here nor there, but questioning their dedication is an easy cop out.   But of course, if your only argument is that "we only want people who are passionate about their country", then we're just as well calling up East Stirlingshire players, or, dare I say it, Pie and Bovril posters.    It's as banal a statement as "the players weren't trying".

Fans who don't realise there are much more important things in life than playing international football, and then turn it into a grudge against players, have a seriously warped sense of priority.

Wake up

They can't be bothered

12 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Once sentence paragraphs R us. 

Who buys that shyte

I'll see your 'verge of tears' and raise you to 'seething mess'. Will also chuck in 'the absolute state of that'. Fucking hell, a journalist - at least I assume that's his job title - actually got that into a national newspaper.

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:
17 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I'll see your 'verge of tears' and raise you to 'seething mess'. Will also chuck in 'the absolute state of that'. Fucking hell, a journalist - at least I assume that's his job title - actually got that into a national newspaper.

Keith Jackson couldn't spell "journalism" without autocorrect.

I'd go as far as saying that it would be a great day for Scottish football journalism if he lost both hands in a freak sawmill accident.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

Keith Jackson couldn't spell "journalism" without autocorrect.

I'd go as far as saying that it would be a great day for Scottish football journalism if he lost both hands in a freak sawmill accident.

They keep giving him accolades for being Best Scottish Sports Crayon Scribbler. I was sure it was just an industry inside joke till you look at the pish journalist thread.

On 18/04/2019 at 23:15, nsr said:

I'd forgotten Pat Nevin existed. Thanks for bringing him up.

Somebody that's treated as some form of expert because he played 100+ games for Chelsea, which sounds pretty good tbf. 

However, this was a Chelsea down in the old Division 2 when he arrived.  Then once back in Division 1, his time there saw them finish 6th, 14th & 18th, sending them back to Division 2.  Nothing special. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Somebody that's treated as some form of expert because he played 100+ games for Chelsea, which sounds pretty good tbf.

However, this was a Chelsea down in the old Division 2 when he arrived.  Then once back in Division 1, his time there say them finish 6th, 14th & 18th, sending them back to Division 2.  Nothing special.

It's more.cause he is an ex footballer who can actually speak etc, not a total moron.  But obviously just as much part of the old boys club as the rest.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

They keep giving him accolades for being Best Scottish Sports Crayon Scribbler. I was sure it was just an industry inside joke till you look at the pish journalist thread.

I'm sure the entire award is some form of ironic piss take. Either that or its because they can't fit "The person that can swallow most of Jim Traynor's jizz award" on the trophy......