Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

6 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Would like a younger boss Ross or Neil who may or may not take it cos there in a job and doing well

Which prob rules them out as the SFA won't pay compo.

I am sure Neil has recently signed a new deal with Preston.   That will scare the SFA off with increased compensation likely.

When it comes to spending money the SFA and Ebenezer Scrooge have a lot in common.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree. This is why, for example I said before I think Kieran Tierney should be told to f**k off if he doesnt turn up for the next set of games as he has already been laying the excuses for.

Also applies to others too. A hard line should have been taken with the bullshit from some players and clubs around the Kazakhstan game.

Very simple, a manager can say two things - any player withdrawing from a squad until further notice will see the four day rule invoked, no exceptions.  And any player withdrawing from a squad won't get picked for the next one, so you miss one you miss two.  Call-offs would fall off a cliff overnight.

Moyes wouldn't be the worst to me of he can recapture that Everton vibe he had. It just seems like and easy, safe choice that won't change much. 
Moyes had his chance before McLeish was appointed again. He flirted with the vacancy to keep his name in the media and was then given the West Ham job. f**k him.

Steve Clarke is the best Scot for the job, doesn't mean he is the best man for the job.

Would at least ask Allerdyce if he was interested.

Glad to see him go. Guy never had any class. I remember as a 12 year old delivering newspapers on a Saturday morning in Perth around 1980, Aberdeen FC team bus passed me en route to Glasgow fixture...very clearly McLeish was at window of bus along with Miller and Strachan, 3 of them  giving me Vs, middle fingers, could even lip read what they were shouting at me. Ironically, I had soft spot for Aberdeen around then (2 of my brothers and my old man to this day big supporters), they were right good side. I was totally gobsmacked, they say never meet your heroes...

Edited by Kiwisaint

7 minutes ago, Kiwisaint said:

Glad to see him go. Guy never had any class. I remember as a 12 year old delivering newspapers on a Saturday morning in Perth around 1980, Aberdeen FC team bus passed me an route to Glasgow fixture...very clearly McLeish was at window of bus along with Miller and Strachan, 3 of them  giving me Vs, middle fingers, could even lip read what they were shouting at me. Ironically, I had soft spot for Aberdeen around then (2 of my brothers and my old man to this day big supporters), they were right good side. I was totally gobsmacked, they say never meet your heroes...

It's a wonder that p***k McGhee wasn't doing to yknow.

D4dbLl5W4AAC4fb.jpg

Nevin's argument falls down on simple facts.

SFA cut off top managers by sacking the foreign manager who took us to a playoff then appointing 6 consecutive Scottish managers (if you count McLeish twice). There aren't any top Scottish managers - and haven't been since Sir Alex Ferguson - so by definition it hasn't been possible to recruit a top manager. Unless the press, pundits and bookies predictions are misplaced it looks like only Scots are being considered again... so the process continues.

Furthermore managers have been given a chance. Craig Brown left after failing to reach Euro 2000 (where he did reach a playoff) or WC 2002. Berti Vogts got fired after failing to reach Euro 2004 (despite reaching a playoff), then making a poor start to WC 2006 qualifying. Walter Smith chose to leave for Rangers after failing to reach WC 2006, and even though he'd made a good start to Euro 2008 qualifying. Alex McLeish chose to leave for Birmingham City, after failing to reach Euro 2008. George Burley got fired after failing to reach WC 2010. Craig Levein got fired after failing to reach Euro 2012, and making a poor start to WC 2014 qualifying. Gordon Strachan was only fired after failing to reach WC 2014, Euro 2016, and WC 2018 qualifying! McLeish is actually the first manager not to be given a failed campaign... although the near-calamitous Nations League debut and poor start to Euro 2020 qualifying are mitigations.

So the Scots-only policy automatically precludes recruitment of top managers - and every manager has been given a chance: some even left voluntarily.

Other than that Nevin's other points might be spot on... whatever they are.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, Kiwisaint said:

Glad to see him go. Guy never had any class. I remember as a 12 year old delivering newspapers on a Saturday morning in Perth around 1980, Aberdeen FC team bus passed me en route to Glasgow fixture...very clearly McLeish was at window of bus along with Miller and Strachan, 3 of them  giving me Vs, middle fingers, could even lip read what they were shouting at me. Ironically, I had soft spot for Aberdeen around then (2 of my brothers and my old man to this day big supporters), they were right good side. I was totally gobsmacked, they say never meet your heroes...

That didn't happen though did it

3 hours ago, Kiwisaint said:

Did ye.jpg

8 hours ago, Kiwisaint said:

D19CBE47-0476-485B-923D-DE8377B0571E.gif

8 hours ago, Kiwisaint said:

He's gone up in my estimations now.