Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

Didn't Moyes rule himself out of taking the job only 4 weeks ago saying he'd prefer club management at this stage? Surprised his name is being floated around so much. If he did take it, 3 good results and he'd be off to some dross down south. 3 bad results and he'd probably do the same tbh.

I just looked on Rangersmedia. Not a great deal of interest in this story, just one page.   A few posts insisting it will be a 'celtic/sellick minded' person who gets the 'poisoned chalice'.  One post wishing McLeish good luck.

Sane, rational discourse as is the norm on that site.

3 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Didn't Moyes rule himself out of taking the job only 4 weeks ago saying he'd prefer club management at this stage? Surprised his name is being floated around so much. If he did take it, 3 good results and he'd be off to some dross down south. 3 bad results and he'd probably do the same tbh.

I think he was hoping to get the Celtic job then. If Lennon gets that permanently, that would narrow his options considerably.

4 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Standard shop window stuff.  "Obviously I'd be honoured", but obviously he'd still rather something else.  Anyone who'd rather have "something else" should be immediately excluded.

Again....nobody is saying we will do anything. There is middle ground between hysterical nonsense saying all our players are terrible and saying we have good players that another manager could get good performances from 
Several posters said we should be qualifying. You cant shoot someone down for saying we don't then don't have the confidence to back the players that you are using as a counter claim.
Either we have the players or we don't.
We don't imo. It's not hysterical to say this.

55 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Genuine suggestion here, and one that I know will be ridiculed, but I couldn't help but put it out there.

Mark Warburton.

Did a decent job in the Championship, plays decent football, seems to be the sort of analytical type that we need after the old school jobbers McLeish and Strachan - and said in his Si Ferry interview that he'd be interested in international management. He's not a massive racist either - which is another positive.

Tell me he isn't a better option than everyone on that Coral list (barring Moyes, who would be ok imho).

*takes cover*

He lost a Scottish Cup Final to Hibs.

Glad he’s been moved on but the whole situation is another f**k up of gigantic proportions by the SFA.

It’s been the best part of a month since the Kazakhstan / San Marino double header so why now? 

They’ll end up with the same situation where they have a lack of candidates and they are scrambling around looking for someone to take the gig a week or two before the squads for the Cyprus / Belgium double header need to be announced when they could’ve had an extra 3 weeks to a month to look for the right man. 

Another show of massive SFA incompetence. 

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Several posters said we should be qualifying. You cant shoot someone down for saying we don't then don't have the confidence to back the players that you are using as a counter claim.
Either we have the players or we don't.
We don't imo. It's not hysterical to say this.

Should be is miles away from definitely will

I forgot to say "good riddance to the c**t".

I said all along it was a complete joke he was given the job. The SFA can f**k off too :lol: 

I eagerly await the next 'in house' appointment.