Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

1 minute ago, morrison1982 said:

Kris Boyd got slaughtered for casting doubt about Cathro, particularly after Killie got humped by Cathro's Hearts at Tynecastle.

No, Boyd was rightly called out for his dickhead approach to it, not for questioning the abilities of Cathro.

5 minutes ago, morrison1982 said:

I like Jackson-bashing as much as the next guy, but if he had just qualified his exclusive with "the SFA could sack McLeish immediately, or wait until their next scheduled board meeting" he would have been bang on.

I'm a bit worried that he was punting Scot Gemmill in a recent column.

He's a journalist.  For him to hint at an underlying health "episode" was unethical at best.  Either there was - and you state what it was - or you leave it out.  The article was atrocious for reasons aside from the inaccuracy.  Essentially he wrote 800 words on "McLeish will get sacked on Friday".

I would be just as accurate as saying Jurgen Klopp will leave Liverpool. If I say "Jurgen Klopp will leave Liverpool this weekend", and he leaves a month later, what I wrote was fundamentally wrong.  If I say "Jurgen Klopp will leave Liverpool at some point." I can never, ever be wrong.   What Jackson did was go from "Alex McLeish will be sacked this weekend" to "Alex McLeish will be sacked at some point depending on various factors and perhaps he won't".  

It's piss poor, cowardly reporting.  Isn't it, Keith?

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Cathro had as many people backing him as a breath of fresh air etc, but that very quickly changed when it became apparent he was hopelessly out of his depth.

As a manager yes,as a coach he's one of the best in the world.  Scotland should definitely be employing him in some capacity.

Ian Holloway is free, just sayin'.  

In all seriousness if Scotland feel the need to bring in one of the old boys club like Moyes or Davies they should at least bring in a modern assistant to do the modern analytical stuff.  A combination of Moyes and Cathro might actually be decent

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:
11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Allardyce emoji38.png

Anyway, not enough folk have been punted today. Gemmill, Houston, McKay and Maxwell should have been dragged out of Hampden and thrown down the steps.

What has Gemmil done wrong?

Have you watched the Under 21s?  An absolute abomination of hoofball and aimless rubbish.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Genuine suggestion here, and one that I know will be ridiculed, but I couldn't help but put it out there.

Mark Warburton.

Did a decent job in the Championship, plays decent football, seems to be the sort of analytical type that we need after the old school jobbers McLeish and Strachan - and said in his Si Ferry interview that he'd be interested in international management. He's not a massive racist either - which is another positive.

Tell me he isn't a better option than everyone on that Coral list (barring Moyes, who would be ok imho).

*takes cover*

He used to be a Trader.

I've worked with Traders.

Trades are almost exclusively arseholes.

He can get right to f**k for no other reason than that 

#analysis

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

He used to be a Trader.

I've worked with Traders.

Trades are almost exclusively arseholes.

He can get right to f**k for no other reason than that 

#analysis

Better response than I was expecting tbh.

6 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I don't think Warburton is a bad manager, but I don't think he's the right guy for this Scotland team.

He would exacerbate the good and bad points of this team - not bad going forward / quite creative, but pretty hopeless defensively.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/47734689

Chris McLaughlin - 

"The decision was taken last week but ratified by the board today. Results dictated his fate with just five wins in 12 matches and the some say ‘unacceptable’ defeat by Kazakhstan at the beginning of the Euro 2020 campaign. It’s fair to say that SFA President Alan McRae was very much a fan [of McLeish] who firmly believed he could turn things around. I would be surprised if he had voted in favour of essentially sacking him, which is why I think this was a collective rather than a unanimous decision."

Edited by morrison1982

Genuine suggestion here, and one that I know will be ridiculed, but I couldn't help but put it out there.
Mark Warburton.
Did a decent job in the Championship, plays decent football, seems to be the sort of analytical type that we need after the old school jobbers McLeish and Strachan - and said in his Si Ferry interview that he'd be interested in international management. He's not a massive racist either - which is another positive.
Tell me he isn't a better option than everyone on that Coral list (barring Moyes, who would be ok imho).
*takes cover*
Interesting suggestion.

I think though that when we're talking about stuff like style etc, problems are coming. The role of an international manager is dictated by what they have and in a few days a year, they are limited in how much they can influence a player and get a unique style in place.

For me, we're looking for a pragmatist who has a personality that doesn't alienate half of the pool of players. Warburton isn't really someone who I'd associate with that and his big game management doesn't appear to be that good based on what I've seen.

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Ian Holloway is free, just sayin'.  

In all seriousness if Scotland feel the need to bring in one of the old boys club like Moyes or Davies they should at least bring in a modern assistant to do the modern analytical stuff.  A combination of Moyes and Cathro might actually be decent

Sitting staring at nice graphs on your laptop isn't going to change mediocre players into good ones I'm afraid or even make them more tactically aware.

Personally I'm still not convinced that this analytical stuff works at any level, whether that be in Football or in the corporate business world. It's just a tool for cutting data, however your parameters need to be correct in the first place and then it's how that data is used that's important.

Ok, in the football world it can assist with fitness and psychological issues but again how would that have worked with the likes of Jim Baxter or Jimmy Johnstone ??

Yes, I know the argument of the "game has moved on" but ultimately it's still the same game with the same size of pitch and goals and ultimate purpose of scoring more goals than the opposition, which quite frankly seems to be forgotten about at times nowadays.

Over and above this, these players get all this stuff at their clubs, so for the couple of days that they spend with the national team I'm sure we could find better uses of the time available.........

#dinosauroldschoolfitba

Charlie Nicholas saying he'd 'love' the SFA to consider Malky Mackay, saying he would be the best choice and supporters should back him - few of his sentences made it sound like he's already been given the job.

That'll be all the convincing the SFA need anyway.