Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, not buying this. He's getting his point across fine I think, and he's always been a bit of a rambler. It's more pronounced that before, but that might just be down to age, as well as trying to talk around how shite his teams have been. It's like a politician rambling shite in a desperate attempt to avoid admitting the truth.

Theirs obviously something not right. Talk of “worrying episodes” etc. 

2 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Theirs obviously something not right. Talk of “worrying episodes” etc. 

No, not buying it. What is 'obviously not right'?

The 'talk' of 'worrying episodes' is meaningless pish from a mysterious 'source'. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely convinced that McLeish is showing the early signs of illness. His public utterings need to be ringing alarm bells as something clearly isn’t right with the guy. Like him or not, he always got his opinion across in a lucid manner, but now he seems distant, hesitant and uncertain. I am genuinely concerned for the man’s state of mind.

Which illness, Dr Freemason?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Which illness, Dr Freemason?

Not a Dr. He is showing the same signs as I saw in my father more than a decade ago, and the same as my old boss six years ago. Both forthright characters, both aging, both went from self assured (and often disagreeable) guys to indecision and stumbling over their words in a  remarkably similar way. My opinion is based on what I have seen in others, and for me, Alex McLeish is showing similar signs, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there an undisclosed health issue underlying what we are seeing. Accordingly, I choose not to carry out a character assassination on the man. Others can choose to judge him in whatever manner they see fit. Of course, it might just “be his age”.

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ah, so you're absolutely convinced that something is up with him and that something might be that he's getting old?

f**k me.

Whit? Do you start reading at the last sentence? f**k me.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit? Do you start reading at the last sentence? f**k me.

No, the rest was just waffle though. You came on here "absolutely convinced" that Alex McLeish was seriously unwell and in your very next post you said it might be his age.  How about we leave out the diagnosis by social media and let the man see a doctor in peace if there is indeed something wrong with him?

There's so many people eager to get their diagnosis in, almost so they can give it the "told you so" if he ever does end up unwell.  

Thanks for you insight into why you conjur up what you do. You will have noticed no “diagnosis” despite you wrongly addressing me as a doctor.

I remain convinced. Does it mean I am right? Nah. Does it give you the wherewithal to be the arbiter of all things McLeish? Tell you what. Ignore anything I write. In return, I am happy to ignore you too. Best for both of us I think. I am sure your form of pointing and expressing character opionated drivel works with a different audience.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thanks for you insight into why you conjur up what you do. You will have noticed no “diagnosis” despite you wrongly addressing me as a doctor.

I remain convinced. Does it mean I am right? Nah. Does it give you the wherewithal to be the arbiter of all things McLeish? Tell you what. Ignore anything I write. In return, I am happy to ignore you too. Best for both of us I think. I am sure your form of pointing and expressing character opionated drivel works with a different audience.

It's funny, for all the folk who say something's definitely not right with him they can't actually say what it is they think is wrong with him.  Almost as if they're talking complete shite off the back of loose rumours in shite newspapers, so keep their language vague.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny, for all the folk who say something's definitely not right with him they can't actually say what it is they think is wrong with him.  Almost as if they're talking complete shite off the back of loose rumours in shite newspapers, so keep their language vague.

What are you so defensive of Mcleish's health?

You literally fly off the handle whenever someone brings it up. Duncan Freemason said hes seen similar symptoms in numerous people before, that signifies health issues, you've gone full pelt into slagging him for what was a fairly innocent opinion.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are you so defensive of Mcleish's health?

You literally fly off the handle whenever someone brings it up. Duncan Freemason said hes seen similar symptoms in numerous people before, that signifies health issues, you've gone full pelt into slagging him for what was a fairly innocent opinion.

Fly off the handle :lol:

Wire in playing illness bingo if you like, I find it quite uncomfortable.

Genuinely heart-sick at what's going on with our Association at the moment. I obviously want Eck out, but as has been stated elsewhere, we have no hope of getting the right man in when those at the top are so fucking hopeless. 

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

Genuinely heart-sick at what's going on with our Association at the moment. I obviously want Eck out, but as has been stated elsewhere, we have no hope of getting the right man in when those at the top are so fucking hopeless. 

Awk, it's not so bad. Another year (since 98) on saving dosh on watching Scotland get knocked out in the first stages of a major competition, with 1 point (at most) to show for it. 

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Board meeting tomorrow 

It’s only been 14,000 days since the San Marino game 

Better late than never. We can only hope that the delay is due to a successor being lined up. Sadly, it's unlikely as the SFA seems incapable of taking such decisive action. 

On 10/04/2019 at 21:27, MixuFixit said:

He's 60. Bit young for it to just be the onset of general dodderiness.

It's not really, especially when you consider the fact that he spent a good portion of his first 35 years on the planet smacking his nut against a football.

Retired players in other sports where there's a significant concussive action to the head often show signs of dodderiness well before 60. In many cases they're not even 50 when it becomes crippling.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your post, and you're actually alluding to the same thing I am.

Edited by Boo Khaki