Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:
McLeish back Scotland after London than SFA meeting with McLeish onn 18th April

What?

He's basically saying what was reported in The Sun and Scotsman last Friday which is that Mr Useless met Ian Maxwell at London for crunch talks on his future and must now wait for the outcome which could be as late as next Thursday (18 April) when the SFA board meet again. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/scotland-manager-alex-mcleish-at-hampden-for-euro-debrief-1-4902220

Edited by Caley Shaun
Adding link to the article I mentioned.

This is confusing. Are Scottish players that voted "no" in the IndyRef allowed to play for Scotland?

It seemed so much easier when they just had to play for Rangers or Celtic to get selected......

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

He's basically saying what was reported in The Sun and Scotsman last Friday which is that Mr Useless met Ian Maxwell at London for crunch talks on his future and must now wait for the outcome which could be as late as next Thursday (18 April) when the SFA board meet again. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/scotland-manager-alex-mcleish-at-hampden-for-euro-debrief-1-4902220

If that's the truth, and it's a mile from what Scoop Jackson exclusively revealed (hiya Scoop, hiya pal) then McLeish already knows his fate.

I wonder what other journalists read P&B.  It's fairly clear Jackson does.  I'm sure Leckie does too.  Union Jack at the ET also.

I think you guys are right about Maxwell, he seems totally indecisive .  Eck has proved that he is not up to the job , the players don't want to play for him and the fans won't turn out while he is  running the team .

Ian Maxwell must put Eck out of his misery so that we can book our buses and planes to the Cyprus home game and Brussels away . 

Nobody here is interested in going if Eck is still in charge .

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Heard the other day only 9,000 tickets sold for the Cyprus game so far :lol:

Surely they can’t afford to keep him 

You'd like to think they are getting a shit hot replacement lined up first but that would smack of competence 

Scott Gemmill :whistle

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm looking forward to all your exclamation marks in the Championship forum next season (providing we don't get relegated)., 

I look forward to bringing them (hopefully), it is a treat you have been denied for a couple of seasons now!!!

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Good luck!!! Hopefully at the expense of Falkirk.

Don't really care who we might get if successful, we've already proved we can compete with Championship sides this season!!!

It'll be nice do be involved and hopefully give you a derby next season, as you know the Rovers will blow it, as they do!!!

International football teams and indeed nations wouldn't exist without politics to be fair. We're just lucky and in this extremely unique position where we exist as a nation in sports whilst part of another nation for everything else. Perfectly valid reason for not liking him if you're a fan of the national team. Although obviously not the main one.... being useless at the actual job is the much bigger problem

20 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

You'd like to think they are getting a shit hot replacement lined up first but that would smack of competence 

Is there a shit hot replacement who would take the job?

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Perfectly valid reason for not liking him if you're a fan of the national team. 

Perfectly valid reason for not liking McLeish as a person. Perfectly invalid reason for not wanting him to continue managing a football team.

Absolutely convinced that McLeish is showing the early signs of illness. His public utterings need to be ringing alarm bells as something clearly isn’t right with the guy. Like him or not, he always got his opinion across in a lucid manner, but now he seems distant, hesitant and uncertain. I am genuinely concerned for the man’s state of mind.

36 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely convinced that McLeish is showing the early signs of illness. His public utterings need to be ringing alarm bells as something clearly isn’t right with the guy. Like him or not, he always got his opinion across in a lucid manner, but now he seems distant, hesitant and uncertain. I am genuinely concerned for the man’s state of mind.

Nah, not buying this. He's getting his point across fine I think, and he's always been a bit of a rambler. It's more pronounced that before, but that might just be down to age, as well as trying to talk around how shite his teams have been. It's like a politician rambling shite in a desperate attempt to avoid admitting the truth.