Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

How do you know Gemmill is a favourite of Ian Maxwell?

But either way, Keith Jackson is walking back his story anyway.  He's a knob.

Just from what I hear, he was close to getting the gig after the O'Neil balls up.  Now out of the blue, Keef is pushing him again.

Cheap option, recruiting from within etc.  despite the fact the Scotland support would groan and bury their heads in despair.  He wouldn't sell tickets that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If Scott Gemmill got the job I doubt he’d see out the year. You just know that we’d be heading for failure.

Indeed.  Anyone who has seen how bad his under 21s are would not be making that claim.  Just an awful, backwards set up.  

I could quite see him getting the gig, incidentally, but it'd be a disaster.

42 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

...and when you cannot argue your bizarre position you result to insults.    

You might be fine with him:  

1.  Walking out the job
2.  Actively campaigning against making his nationality 'Scottish' 
3.  Actively supporting a Team GB football team.

Others aren't.  

Billy, dont be a zero.

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed.  Anyone who has seen how bad his under 21s are would not be making that claim.  Just an awful, backwards set up.  

I could quite see him getting the gig, incidentally, but it'd be a disaster.

His style of play is a more turgid version of Strachan's, it's brutal.

Add to the fact that he has zero club management experience, has the charisma of a Craig Levein on a bad day, and he'll be No.1 candidate for Maxwell & Co. 

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

His style of play is a more turgid version of Strachan's, it's brutal.

Add to the fact that he has zero club management experience, has the charisma of a Craig Levein on a bad day, and he'll be No.1 candidate for Maxwell & Co. 

Ian Maxwell's a pretty good guy.  Quite why a very solid lower league defender with a degree in Civil Engineering is now the CEO of the SFA is another thing, but I'd be willing to bet he brings a far more progressive outlook on things than the non-chuckle brothers he works with.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Ian Maxwell's a pretty good guy.  Quite why a very solid lower league defender with a degree in Civil Engineering is now the CEO of the SFA is another thing, but I'd be willing to bet he brings a far more progressive outlook on things than the non-chuckle brothers he works with.

Having met the guy and having seen how he handled certain issues since being appointed, I think he's out of his depth completely.  An appointment to suit certain political agendas.  If Gemmill is appointed that would put the tin lid on it.

To be fair a glove puppet would have more of a clue that Petrie and McRae.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I voted for independence and not once have I said Scotland shouldn't be an independent nation, you complete fanny.

McLeish, the current manager of Scotland, wants to get rid of the Scotland team and thus his job with it?

It's folk like you that will ensure we don't ever get independence, too fucking bitter to make any kind of coherent point.

Vote for indy to then hand over the keys to unelected wankstains in brussels........sounds like a great plan

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Can you elaborate on why Maxwell is held in such high regard? I see it/hear it so often and I struggle to see how people can possibly form an opinion on him without having insider knowledge of how he does things. Did he do something especially brilliant at Thistle that I've missed (not being sarcastic here, being genuine)?

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Having met the guy and having seen how he handled certain issues since being appointed, I think he's out of his depth completely.  An appointment to suit certain political agendas.  If Gemmill is appointed that would put the tin lid on it.

To be fair a glove puppet would have more of a clue that Petrie and McRae.

Perhaps Burnie man can fill us in on these "situations" to help us decide if he is indeed a diddy?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps Burnie man can fill us in on these "situations" to help us decide if he is indeed a diddy?

The way he handled the child abuse issue, when he bungled his way through an interview, was tragic stuff.  I've also been in a meeting with him where he barely said a word and Petrie ran the show, when asked direct questions he didn't have a clue.  When others have had dealings with him via email his interaction has been very poor.

Initial impressions for me are far from positive.  His appointment IMO was political rather than on ability as a CEO, he's useful for the SPFL to be there, along with Doncaster.

25 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Vote for indy to then hand over the keys to unelected wankstains in brussels........sounds like a great plan

You really are quite thick.

Can you explain how 'Brussels' would run Scotland? Any examples of laws they'd force us to have? Consequences of not doing it?

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can you explain how 'Brussels' would run Scotland? Any examples of laws they'd force us to have? Consequences of not doing it?

I've been told that they'll enfore an EU directive that allows Eck to sign a 15 year non-breakable contract.

it is shocking, but not surprising that the SFA have not made one single utterance since the debacle at the hands of Kazakhstan and the reaction after the San Marino (non) performance. I maintain that no other Football Association would have the arrogance and contemptibility to act like this. 

McLeish obviously is not up to the job. Also any national manager should be apolitical. Even if McLeish had said he would vote "no" that would be tolerable - it was the fact he advocated and asked others to vote NO which I consider to be quite poor. All things considered, I do wish he would feck off.  

McLeish, who has been a vocal supporter of Team GB, admits that if the likes of Villa youngsters Barry Bannan and Marc Albrighton were asked to take part, he wouldn't stand in their way.

McLeish said: "The Olympics is very novel for us in this country. If you grow up in somewhere like Australia it's a family's ambition for their kids to represent Australia at the Olympics

"Football's never been that way for us in the UK. I think there have been a few players contacted, something like 10".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7452116/McLeish-admits-Team-GB-contact