Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If he was just a No voter I wouldn't be bothered. But he wasn't. He was involved in media for the No campaign and urged folk in Aberdeen to vote for his pal Willie Young in a by election.

I voted Yes, but what's your point here? Folk have their opinions when it comes to politics and they are perfectly entitled to evoke them, regardless of what they do for a career. 

Football wise, he most definitely should have had the bullet by now. I imagine he will stay in charge for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

I voted Yes, but what's your point here? Folk have their opinions when it comes to politics and they are perfectly entitled to evoke them, regardless of what they do for a career. 

Football wise, he most definitely should have had the bullet by now. I imagine he will stay in charge for the foreseeable future. 

Who's saying he can't express his opinion? Or that he shouldn't?

Sadly it does appear that he'll be in charge for at least the next two games.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Given his politics you'd have to  suspect Alex McLeish is in favour of disbanding the Scottish national team for a stronger united UK team.   

Given his politics you'd have to  suspect Alex McLeish is in favour of disbanding the Scottish national team for a stronger united UK team.   

Like Team GB?

Nice strips...if you don’t mind Union Jacks (yes, yes, actually, it’s the Union flag...do one you nonce!).

On 04/04/2019 at 23:35, Billy Rubin said:

He actively campaigned to not make his nationality Scottish 

This makes literally no sense.  He campaigned to keep "British" in his passport, that doesn't mean that Scotland doesn't exist or that Scottish nationality isn't a thing.

He actively campaigned to not make his nationality Scottish and walked out on Scotland.   If you think that's acceptable for a Scotland manager then I find it cringey as f**k.   
His campaigning for a No vote makes him a dirty Tory b*****d (in my book).

But it matters not a f**k if he gets the team playing well and gets some results. It's a bonus if you happen to like your players/manager. Other than that, you just want them to be good at their job.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This makes literally no sense.  

Makes perfect sense.    We had a binary choice: To retain our nationality as British or make our nationality Scottish.    McLeish actively campaigned against making our nationality Scottish.    

McLeish didn't accept the job because he's remotely passionate about Scotland.    He's taken the job because his standing in the game is at rock bottom and it's literally the only job he could have got beyond managing a dreadful team like Dumbarton for example.   

16 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Makes perfect sense.    We had a binary choice: To retain our nationality as British or make our nationality Scottish.    McLeish actively campaigned against making our nationality Scottish.    

McLeish didn't accept the job because he's remotely passionate about Scotland.    He's taken the job because his standing in the game is at rock bottom and it's literally the only job he could have got beyond managing a dreadful team like Dumbarton for example.   

Do you believe there are no Scottish people in the world?

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you believe there are no Scottish people in the world?

Nope, what an utterly bizarre thing to say.     

Do you think Alex McLeish believes Scotland should compete as 'team Scotland ' or Team GB' at tennis?     

11 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Nope, what an utterly bizarre thing to say.     

Do you think Alex McLeish believes Scotland should compete as 'team Scotland ' or Team GB' at tennis?     

If Scottish people exist, why would we need to change our nationality to Scottish?

I could not give a f**k what McLeish thinks about politics, tennis or the economic effect of flooding in Bangladesh. Your point about Scottish nationality was nonsensical and no amount of whataboutery will change that.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He campaigned to keep "British" in his passport, that doesn't mean that Scotland doesn't exist or that Scottish nationality isn't a thing.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If Scottish people exist, why would we need to change our nationality to Scottish?

You should front the Better Together campaign from Indyref2.    "Scotland shouldn't be a nation because Scottish people exist"   

But his politics is important to many, myself included.    He's clearly in favour of things being ran as Team GB and probably the disbandment of the Scottish football team.    That's why he was so vocal about getting players into Team GB for this olympics and why he actively campaigned against making his nationality Scottish.    

His lack of passion was why he was happy to ditch Scotland for lower league english club.  

5 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

You should front the Better Together campaign from Indyref2.    "Scotland shouldn't be a nation because Scottish people exist"   

I voted for independence and not once have I said Scotland shouldn't be an independent nation, you complete fanny.

McLeish, the current manager of Scotland, wants to get rid of the Scotland team and thus his job with it?

It's folk like you that will ensure we don't ever get independence, too fucking bitter to make any kind of coherent point.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So Keef Jackson now pushing Scott Gemmill for the job, who is also a favourite of Maxwell. Co-incidence?

How do you know Gemmill is a favourite of Ian Maxwell?

But either way, Keith Jackson is walking back his story anyway.  He's a knob.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I voted for independence and not once have I said Scotland shouldn't be an independent nation, you complete fanny.

McLeish, the current manager of Scotland, wants to get rid of the Scotland team and thus his job with it?

It's folk like you that will ensure we don't ever get independence, too fucking bitter to make any kind of coherent point.

...and when you cannot argue your bizarre position you result to insults.    

You might be fine with him:  

1.  Walking out the job
2.  Actively campaigning against making his nationality 'Scottish' 
3.  Actively supporting a Team GB football team.

Others aren't.  

Just now, Billy Rubin said:

...and when you cannot argue your bizarre position you result to insults.    

Uh huh...

2 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

He's taken the job because his standing in the game is at rock bottom and it's literally the only job he could have got beyond managing a dreadful team like Dumbarton for example.   

3 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

That's not an insult, it's an opinion.    

If McLeish wasn't given the Scotland gig, what level of club do you think would have approached him?      

Aye, you weren't trying to insult me at all there. It was just coincidence that you picked the team I support and called them dreadful. :rolleyes:

I don't know, what's that got to do with Scottish being a nationality?