Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

Wait, what? Since it's been more than 24 hours I think it's safe to say we can all tell it was a load of shite.

The 24 hours thing sounds like wishful thinking on Scoop Jackson’s part, but I’m assuming someone at the SFA tipped him off that it was a possibility. No? Did he just totally make that up? If so, that’s pretty poor.

The second bit that I pointed out sounds more like the m.o. of the SFA. f**k about for a while talking about what to do, then in all likelihood fail to get a majority for sacking/replacing him. Then the furore will all have blown over and they can just continue meandering aimlessly along until the next crisis, then repeat.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The SFA should have addressed this, either by releasing a statement saying it was a load of shite and that they back McLeish, or by firing him.

The silence is not good for them, McLeish or the fans.

You mean you'd like them to come out and say they don't have any plans to discuss the managers future?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17533949.sfa-no-plans-to-meet-today-to-discuss-mcleishs-future/

Just now, The Moonster said:

You mean you'd like them to come out and say they don't have any plans to discuss the managers future?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17533949.sfa-no-plans-to-meet-today-to-discuss-mcleishs-future/

No, that ambiguous.

They need to give a straight answer here.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

No, that ambiguous.

They need to give a straight answer here.

The only straight answer they can give us is "McLeish will continue" or "McLeish has been sacked". If they're in the middle of making that decision then they can't really give a straight answer, hence an ambiguous "no plans" statement.

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only straight answer they can give us is "McLeish will continue" or "McLeish has been sacked". If they're in the middle of making that decision then they can't really give a straight answer, hence an ambiguous "no plans" statement.

Why don't they just say that they're discussing it then? Normally I think that would be a poor move but given the stories going about they should be clear on what's happening.

They could say that Record article is rubbish and Jackson is a clown.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why don't they just say that they're discussing it then? Normally I think that would be a poor move but given the stories going about they should be clear on what's happening.

I think that would be absolutely bonkers. Lets say we come out tomorrow and say exactly that - fans start to get excited and call for the SFA to follow through on sacking. We get to the end of the SFA discussions and they've decided to keep him.  Fans go mental, cry incompetence at the SFA, demand board is removed. All the while McLeish has been sitting there watching fans celebrate his sacking that never came, and now he's got to try and do a job for guys who he knows spent weeks considering putting him on the dole.  It would be a massive clusterfuck.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

They could say that Record article is rubbish and Jackson is a clown.

But what if it's not all rubbish? Should they confirm that yes Alex McLeish went through a "deeply troubling episode" and we're now considering sacking him?  That would be mental and completely disrespectful to their employee and his family.

I get that people want McLeish out, I do too, but we don't need to know anything right now. Reading between the lines I'd say the SFA are considering sacking him, lets just see what happens.

51 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Urged folk to vote No.

Been a Rangers manager.

Walked out on Scotland for Birmingham.

Said Sevco should be put in to the top flight.

Take this from a fellow Yes voter: using that as a reason to dislike a manager is cringey as f**k.

22 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Take this from a fellow Yes voter: using that as a reason to dislike a manager is cringey as f**k.

If he was just a No voter I wouldn't be bothered. But he wasn't. He was involved in media for the No campaign and urged folk in Aberdeen to vote for his pal Willie Young in a by election.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

He actively campaigned to not make his nationality Scottish and walked out on Scotland.   If you think that's acceptable for a Scotland manager then I find it cringey as f**k.   

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That whole vote No thing was rather bizarre

I'm half hoping we get pumped by Cyprus,

These statement followed by "I'm a Rangers fan"  are the domain of 99% of Rangers fans, proud to wear the England top.   

14 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

These statement followed by "I'm a Rangers fan"  are the domain of 99% of Rangers fans, proud to wear the England top.   

The state of Scottish football has absolutely f**k all to do with England or the English. We've created this clusterfuck all by ourselves.

12 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

McLeish being in charge is a step down from any arsehole in the crowd winning a prize.   He's that bad. 

I'm reminded of what Jennie said to Alan Partridge: "How did you get this job? Did you win a competition?"