Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy has health problems, whether they are alcohol related or not he doesn't look well at all. He should never have been appointed and should stand down as should Rod Petrie with immediate effect. Unfortunately sacking the manager does not fix the problems which lie firmly at the SFAs feet. Scotland is by far a football country yet we have witnessed 20yrs of failure at the hands of these self serving wankers

I see Barry Ferguson now appears to be jumping down the health issues line. I'm with The Moonster on this, I'm finding the speculation about his wellbeing pretty uncomfortable. He obviously doesn't look well, and there's rarely smoke without fire, but I'm not sure writing cryptically about it in a paper is a great thing.

13 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I see Barry Ferguson now appears to be jumping down the health issues line. I'm with The Moonster on this, I'm finding the speculation about his wellbeing pretty uncomfortable. He obviously doesn't look well, and there's rarely smoke without fire, but I'm not sure writing cryptically about it in a paper is a great thing.

Talking about him like he’s dead. Sensationalist pish from that fucking rag. 

17 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Barry's clearly written that using his brain and a set of crayons.   At least we can be certain the quotation's correct.  

Barry Ferguson the player didn't give two fucks about Scotland, 40 odd caps for a player of his ability is testament to this. 

29 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

It's pretty disgusting to be honest 

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

.......and the boy McNulty's miss on Sunday was as bad, but the game was already won (just) by then - so it will be forgotten about.

Sorry, I know this isn't the point here, but still that comment must be commented upon.

It's utterly absurd.  McNulty's miss was a really bad one, the sort of sitter you see missed relatively frequently.

I feel genuinely heart sorry for Iwelumo for his miss as it's come to utterly define him.  Let's not pretend however, that it was anything other than an absolutely astonishing event, the like of which I've never seen before or since outside of comedy compilations.

To liken McNulty's to it is wilfully bonkers.

Think plenty of us on here have been saying long before he got the job that McLeish doesn't look or sound healthy.

If that is the case, having those issues speculated upon on the back pages is pretty low. The Jackson story you can defend on the basis it's news and the ostensible reason for him being removed is relevant, but that Ferguson line is disgusting.

There’s a lot of people on here who should be pretty embarrassed with all the jokes being made about “drink problems” without there being the slightest bit of evidence. The speculation about supposed “health problems” here and in the wider media isn’t much better either.

I think Eck seems like a decent enough guy (he isn’t a wee fanny like Strachan anyway), so I really don’t hold much against him but he definitely needs to go. But all the speculation about his health is distasteful, can’t imagine it’s much fun seeing half the country talking shite about your health with very little basis.

FWIW, I rarely found that much of the stuff about him seeming unwell all that convincing.  He'd just got older and lost his hair as far as I could tell.

It appears now that there maybe are difficulties and if removing him helps address them, then it should happen.  Even leaving all that aside though, his appointment was ludicrous, and his record's been poor.  Beyond that, he simply seems stressed and embattled, as might anyone when struggling in such a role.

A crappy chapter that sees him emerging as a victim.  I'd see him more as a hapless one than an entirely innocent one though.

There’s a lot of people on here who should be pretty embarrassed with all the jokes being made about “drink problems” without there being the slightest bit of evidence. The speculation about supposed “health problems” here and in the wider media isn’t much better either.
I think Eck seems like a decent enough guy (he isn’t a wee fanny like Strachan anyway), so I really don’t hold much against him but he definitely needs to go. But all the speculation about his health is distasteful, can’t imagine it’s much fun seeing half the country talking shite about your health with very little basis.

I agree that speculation about his health is distasteful but it’s hardly unexpected.

Football management in general is one of the most high-profile, intense and scrutinised jobs you can have, if there are issues then he could hardly have expected that they would remain a) a secret or b ) not spoken about. This is especially so in that he does seem impaired in his ability to do this job.

10 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

When I 'see' Backpass Barry speak, I find it hard to sit though. Hre sounds like he's been lobotomised.

Keith Jackson in "guess a story in the hope you're the first to break it" shocker, he has the easiest job in the world, just make up absolute shite all the time, and make sure most of it is Old Firm related.

McLeish clearly isnt well, folk can talk about how it's not nice to speculate about if they wish, but its staring you right in the face. He needs to quit, hes not doing anyone any favours at all, including himself, by staying in this fucking boiling pot.

Bizarre to see folk, @craigkillie, claim the chances of qualifying isnt over as we could "pick up four points against Russia". When did we last beat a World Cup Quarter Finalist a year after the tournament?

McLeish clearly isnt well, folk can talk about how it's not nice to speculate about if they wish, but its staring you right in the face.

Is it? I'd say I've watched every interview so far and at no point have I thought this guy is mentally ill/alcoholic/lost the plot. What has he done to make everyone so certain he's unwell?

Regardless of the above or regardless if it's speculation it's still in very bad taste that absolute weirdos like Keith Jackson are plastering it all over the paper based on nothing.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is it? I'd say I've watched every interview so far and at no point have I thought this guy is mentally ill/alcoholic/lost the plot. What has he done to make everyone so certain he's unwell?

Hes gone from an articulate speaker, to mumbling half words and stopping sentences, having a delay of seconds, then restarting a few words down the line. All that has happened in a few years where it also looks like hes lost weight. Some of his "points" since he took the job are just bizarre, and I cant remember him ever coming across like that before either.

I'm not saying hes a raging alkie or has a major illness, but hes clearly not what he was and doesn't look like he can cope with the stress/pressure at all. 

Keith Jackson in "guess a story in the hope you're the first to break it" shocker, he has the easiest job in the world, just make up absolute shite all the time, and make sure most of it is Old Firm related.

McLeish clearly isnt well, folk can talk about how it's not nice to speculate about if they wish, but its staring you right in the face. He needs to quit, hes not doing anyone any favours at all, including himself, by staying in this fucking boiling pot.

Bizarre to see folk, [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention], claim the chances of qualifying isnt over as we could "pick up four points against Russia". When did we last beat a World Cup Quarter Finalist a year after the tournament?

France 2007, yet they were the finalists, and we took 6 points. Hth

Archived