Alex McLeish Is Sacked.

Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, thesnowman said:

While I am over the moon feel slightly bad for McLeish, he should never have got the job in the first place. Now the questions is do we trust the idiots at the SFA to appoint a decent manager.

Neil McCann and Kris Boyd dream team. 

5 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Wonder what the “deeply troubling episode” was? 

The guy just seems off to me the last few years. Definelty some health problems of some sort IMO. Should never have been given a  job like that.

He drove to Milan in his bare feet, gorging on Toblerone.

Either that or he got pished and cried and/or wanted to fight.

While I am over the moon feel slightly bad for McLeish, he should never have got the job in the first place. Now the questions is do we trust the idiots at the SFA to appoint a decent manager.

Answer: no, but we live in hope.

6 hours ago, thesnowman said:

Would a "decent" manager want it?

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Would a "decent" manager want it?

Ross Jack is 16/1 on oddschecker.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/scotland/next-permanent-manager

Currently Turriff Utd manager.

:lol:

Might be that the bookies BetVictor have made a wee spoonerism.

I say let’s get back to the 50’s/60’s style of management , pick the Scotland team by committee .
On my committee I’d have Willie Miller , JK Rowling , Nacho Novo , Jim McLean , Jimmy Calderwood and Princess Anne 
Who would you have on your committee ? 

Could just do it at the end of sportscene

1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:

glad it's happened but all can see he wasn't right, how the SFA couldnt i'll never know.

That's the thing.  A huge number of fans spotted this almost upon his appointment.  The fact that those in charge, supposed friends of his, put him into a job like this when he's clearly not right, is absolutely disgraceful. 

Alex McLeish wasn't fit for this job, physically or mentally.  That's been abundantly clear for a long time.  However, the problem does not start and end with McLeish.  Those in charge need cleared out as well.  I mean, we've given the keys to our National Association to a guy who used to run Cove Rangers FFS!  Fucking Amateur hour. 

The first call from whoever is in charge of this mess should be to Steve Clarke.  That's the only Scot we should be considering.  If he's not interested (likely!) then we have a worldwide search for the next manager.  No limits, get as many applications as possible and pick the best man for the job.

Edited by Desp

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

That's the thing.  A huge number of fans spotted this almost upon his appointment.  The fact that those in charge, supposed friends of his, put him into a job like this when he's clearly not right, in absolutely disgraceful. 

Alex McLeish wasn't fit for this job, physically or mentally.  That's been abundantly clear for a long time.  However, the problem does not start and end with McLeish.  Those in charge need cleared out as well.  I mean, we've given the keys to our National Association to a guy who used to run Cove Rangers FFS!  Fucking Amateur hour

The first call from whoever is in charge of this mess should be to Steve Clarke.  That's the only Scot we should be considering.  If he's not interested (likely!) then we have a worldwide search for the next manager.  No limits, get as many applications as possible and pick the best man for the job.

What a load of bollocks. It doesn't matter what clubs the SFA are associated with, as long as they're competent. 

That the current lot are not is not because of the clubs they come from. As was posted in another thread, just look at the long list of failed chairmen at the big clubs in Scotland.