Alloa Athletic vs Ross County 30/3/19

Fair play to Alloa, County were/are pish at the moment. I hope Alloa stay up and Falkirk drop down, Alloa are a far better team than them.

As for County, this IS the biggest test yet for the management team. County have been poor for a good while, maybe able to produce 20 mins of good football a game, just enough to get 3 points but hardly impressive. 

Are fergiewell able to get more out of this group of players, Roy has backed them and questions need to be asked, can they get that bit more that's required? Atm we're relying on Midge or Mullin to drag us out of the mire EVERY week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Fukin lighten up. 

No problem here  Light as a feather. Will not allow your abusive language to spoil the good feelings I have for Queens.  And by the way great result today old boy although I predicted a 0 -2 win with SD scoring

11 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Ross County are a disgrace, throwing that match today (hoping to save Alloa ) so that they don't need to travel down to Dumfries.

Honestly, we're not bad enough to have to *try* to throw matches. We're top, won a cup but for the most part we're absolutely dire. Lucky Caley had such a poor run (in terms of points despite not losing), Ayr going on a bad run and christ knows what you'll get from United.

30 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Fair play to Alloa, County were/are pish at the moment. I hope Alloa stay up and Falkirk drop down, Alloa are a far better team than them.

Sod off you half brained gimp. Stick to the facts of your team’s defeat. Are Alloa currently above Falkirk in the league? Have Alloa beaten Falkirk this season? Have Falkirk beaten Alloa this season? Away give yourself an uninformed slap. There’s a big difference between having an opinion, and talking shite.

Funny as f**k if Roy’s cash wasn’t enough to buy a bit of bottle.

34 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

As for County, this IS the biggest test yet for the management team. County have been poor for a good while, maybe able to produce 20 mins of good football a game, just enough to get 3 points but hardly impressive. 

Are fergiewell able to get more out of this group of players, Roy has backed them and questions need to be asked, can they get that bit more that's required? Atm we're relying on Midge or Mullin to drag us out of the mire EVERY week.

Didn't think the County management team had a great afternoon. The team started so slowly but I'm not convinced that the histrionics from Kettlewell, Ferguson and occasionally Britton were helpful for their team. Can see why they threw on all the attackers but team then lacked shape and were probably less of a threat. Will win the league but not entirely convinced about that management team so far. 

Anyway, absolutely terrific from an Alloa point of view today. Could have had four in the first half and another couple of decent chances early in the second too. Had to defend a lot thereafter but did so really well. Taggs at CB definitely the best workaround when Roscoe is out. And Parry fantastic as ever. 

Absolutely brilliant goal by Dario who was excellent throughout, and Aitchison, although he should have scored early, did really well and should keep his place. But everyone played their part today. Still in it. 

Sod off you half brained gimp. Stick to the facts of your team’s defeat. Are Alloa currently above Falkirk in the league? Have Alloa beaten Falkirk this season? Have Falkirk beaten Alloa this season? Away give yourself an uninformed slap. There’s a big difference between having an opinion, and talking shite.
Funny as f**k if Roy’s cash wasn’t enough to buy a bit of bottle.

you’re waiting for me to care, I hope you brought something to eat, ‘cause it’s gonna be a really long time.

I’m trying my absolute hardest to see things from your perspective, but I just can’t get my head that far up my ass.

Tremendous result for us today and i hope Goodwin finally realises that we can play a bit if allowed.We scored one and had chances for more as did County but they are top of the league after all.We wont stay up just sitting off teams and trying to be hard to beat but when we play with a bit of freedom we have good players who can hurt teams.

No complaints a deserved 3pts for Alloa.

We rely on Midge so much to create something it's ridiculous.  Sounds like Vigurs is out for season and we are seeing now how valuable Billy Mckay was to us. 

Who was that referee FFS?

Pie on a roll was the highlight of my 90mins.

Guest Ieuan16

A flat performance from start to finish.

All credit to Alloa, they more than merited their win with their attacking in the first half and defending in the second.

Hopefully Watson's injury isn't serious. What a challenge he put in to stop Alloa scoring sooner than they did.

I think fatigue is beginning to creep in now. Looked sluggish from the start and lacked any creativity. It was only when Midge got on the ball that it looked like a chance may emerge.

Taking Spence off was a terrible call. We look a poorer team every time Cowie starts and I was amazed he wasn't hooked first.

It's time to see what the co-managers are made of with two massive games next week. Hopefully we'll see Draper and Stewart start ahead of Cowie and Graham.

PS. The ref telling Neil Parry to "stop taking the piss" or he'll book him for time-wasting was gold.

Other than that cross for Graham to knock in I'm struggling to think of anything Cowie has contributed this season.

Rose tinted spectacle wearing, “we all dream of a team of kettlewell” singers will, I’m sure come up with some pish but most honest people who watch the absolute dross that we have to watch every week will admit that, both of them are completely out of their depth and if, miraculously we make it up, we are going straight back down

Which does beg the question: why do you sign a prospect for the future for just one year?

Quite common practice actually, you don’t sign some you think you can develop then after one year they turn out to be a dud but your stuck with them for another 2 year Cos they earn better money at a level above their standard. I imagine Paton was offered a 1 year deal and go back out on loan and prove himself. Definitely a player in there

16 hours ago, Ieuan16 said:

The ref telling Neil Parry to "stop taking the piss" or he'll book him for time-wasting was gold.

Highlight of the game. We have been so pish for months now. Absolute miracle we are still top

Archived