Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Totally agree with Liam Kelly, forgot about him! 

Thinking was Naismith and even Phillips could play up front. Palmer and McGregor can cover left back. Get a new CD in if one of the others get injured... Maybe replace Paterson with another CD (Considine or Murray Wallace) and I'd still be happy.

Bold 1 - Absolute last resort.
Bold 2 - Judging by Callum McGregors performances for Celtic when playing left back I'd probably rather Allan McGregor played there. Obviously I know it'll be Robbo playing but a proper left back should be in reserve.
Bold 3 - :lol:

24 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Bold 1 - Absolute last resort.
Bold 2 - Judging by Callum McGregors performances for Celtic when playing left back I'd probably rather Allan McGregor played there. Obviously I know it'll be Robbo playing but a proper left back should be in reserve.
Bold 3 - :lol:

That is exactly why i would call up Considine or Wallace. Both can play left back. If Devlin can get called up, Considine is defo worth a shout

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

This should be the squad for me:

Marshall / Gordon / MacGillivary

Robertson / Palmer / O'Donnell / Cooper / Findlay / Hanley

McTominay / McGregor / Fleck / McLean / Gilmour

Forrest / Fraser / Phillips / Christie / Naismith / Armstrong / Paterson

McBurnie / Griffiths

Swap: 

Out: MacGillivary, Findlay, Phillips, McBurnie

In: Kelly, Rose, Taylor, Shankland 

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Who the f**k are macgillivary Kelly and rose

Michael Rose is ex Aberdeen and Ayr Centre half, now playing regularly for Coventry in league one. No idea how he's been playing this season but he seems popular among the hipster xG types on twitter.

This should be the squad for me:
Marshall / Gordon / MacGillivary
Robertson / Palmer / O'Donnell / Cooper / Findlay / Hanley
McTominay / McGregor / Fleck / McLean / Gilmour
Forrest / Fraser / Phillips / Christie / Naismith / Armstrong / Paterson
McBurnie / Griffiths

I suspect you’ve pretty much nailed it, although I suspect Jack will be in for Gilmour and Shankland will be in for Paterson.

I don’t think it will happen but my ‘wild card’ would be Dykes, not saying he’s a world beater but he just offers something different upfront for the other strikers.

I didn't have a clue who Rose was at now (I knew he was at Ayr at some point), but saw some folk talking about him on Twitter yesterday. Found it bizarre that he was in the conversation for some folk out of pretty much nowhere.

Rose is a regular in the team top of league one with the best defensive record in the league. I’m obviously a bit biased but with the defensive options we have including him in the squad is hardly the most ridiculous shout you’ll see.

Tom Cairney scores his 8th goal today as he captain’s Fulham to 3rd in the league. He may well be back in the Premiership next season.

Lets hope that guys like him and Barry Bannan are considered for the squad ahead of shite like Christie and Jack who can’t even get in the starting XI in the Scottish diddy league! 😃

35 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Tom Cairney scores his 8th goal today as he captain’s Fulham to 3rd in the league. He may well be back in the Premiership next season.

Lets hope that guys like him and Barry Bannan are considered for the squad ahead of shite like Christie and Jack who can’t even get in the starting XI in the Scottish diddy league! 😃

ive seen some decent trolls on here but you my friend, are struggling .

Rose is a regular in the team top of league one with the best defensive record in the league. I’m obviously a bit biased but with the defensive options we have including him in the squad is hardly the most ridiculous shout you’ll see.
Liam Lindsay was the same in that league last year and look how out of his depth he seems to have been in the Championship. Wait and see how he does next year and if he can continue his form at a higher level then by all means he's worth a shout.

Think the squad will be:

Marshall, Bain, Gordon.

Palmer, O’Donnell, Hanley, Cooper, Gallagher, Findlay, Robertson, Tierney.

McGinn, McGregor, McTominey, Jack.

Forrest, Fraser, Christie, Armstrong.

Griffiths, McBurnie, Naismith, Fletcher*.

Team:

Marshall

Palmer or Tierney

Hanley

Cooper

Robertson

Jack or McTominey

McGregor

McGinn

Christie or Armstrong

Fraser or Forrest

Fletcher if selected* 

Should do all he can to get Fletcher back for these games baring in mind they are do or die. He’s the only striker who can play that lone role effectively.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Liam Lindsay was the same in that league last year and look how out of his depth he seems to have been in the Championship. Wait and see how he does next year and if he can continue his form at a higher level then by all means he's worth a shout.

I don’t really disagree with what you’re saying. With the importance of the games coming up it’s probably best not to take the chance, just pointing out the usual @Marshmallo knicker wetting at anyone suggesting someone he doesn’t fancy.

The only five central defenders we should be considering for these games are Hanley, Cooper, Mulgrew, Findlay and Gallagher. I'd probably not pick Mulgrew cause he hasn't been playing but he's an experienced head and uses the ball well. Hanley and Cooper should start, both leaders who are up against elite competition every week and playing for a winning side who knock the ball about respectively.

Any other suggestions are a combo of:

- Abroad League hubris 

- "He played/plays for the team I support"

- Trainspotting heat map rainman nonsense

Just watched Gallagher today and was quite impressed. Made a couple of bad decisions but his distribution was good and he's like a magnet for the ball in both boxes.

Halkett, on the other hand, was dreadful. He is good if you just shell the ball at him, but anything on the deck and he's a nightmare.

Findlay is very good generally, but it sounds like he gave away a daft penalty today, just as he did against Aberdeen in the cup game. He has all the raw attributes you want though - big, strong and quick, can pass the ball and a threat from set pieces.

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just watched Gallagher today and was quite impressed. Made a couple of bad decisions but his distribution was good and he's like a magnet for the ball in both boxes.

Halkett, on the other hand, was dreadful. He is good if you just shell the ball at him, but anything on the deck and he's a nightmare.

Findlay is very good generally, but it sounds like he gave away a daft penalty today, just as he did against Aberdeen in the cup game. He has all the raw attributes you want though - big, strong and quick, can pass the ball and a threat from set pieces.

i would probably say gallagher is more than capable based on what ive seen of putting in a shift against that israel squad. just an opinion mind