Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

I think it's a bit unfair to direct everything at Tierney.  IF his drop-outs haven't been 100% genuine, then it's far more likely that his employer are putting pressure on him than it is Tierney just not being arsed.  He's clearly had pretty serious injury problems, so it makes sense that Celtic - and now Arsenal - want to protect their investment.  And what player is going to go against the wishes of the ones that pay his wages to play for their country these days? 

I suppose we’ll never likely find out whether it’s the clubs or the player but the number of dropouts by the likes of Tierney and Fraser compared to other players like Callum McGregor and Josh King does show it’s not a universal policy for the clubs. You would hope that it is down to specific injury concerns rather than the players themselves.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I suppose we’ll never likely find out whether it’s the clubs or the player but the number of dropouts by the likes of Tierney and Fraser compared to other players like Callum McGregor and Josh King does show it’s not a universal policy for the clubs. You would hope that it is down to specific injury concerns rather than the players themselves.

There's no doubt clubs put pressure on players, it is up to the player to what extent they stand up to it. 

Beckham demanded it was written into his contract when signing for Real Madrid that he is released for all England get togethers without question whether fit or not.  That's everything, training camp, friendlies etc. 

That's the level of commitment we want to see, instead of Ryan Fraser calling off about 70% of the time so he can play for fucking Bournemouth.

There's no doubt clubs put pressure on players, it is up to the player to what extent they stand up to it. 
Beckham demanded it was written into his contract when signing for Real Madrid that he is released for all England get togethers without question whether fit or not.  That's everything, training camp, friendlies etc. 
That's the level of commitment we want to see, instead of Ryan Fraser calling off about 70% of the time so he can play for fucking Bournemouth.

Not everyone has the influence that David beckham would have going into a contract negation.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not everyone has the influence that David beckham would have going into a contract negation.

That's true but they all have a measure of influence, and can use it.  Look at Darren Fletcher, he played for a club a wee bit bigger than Bournemouth and showed tremendous commitment to Scotland. 

The clubs can't stop players going if they're fit and the player doesn't allow themselves to be convinced to pull out.  A player like Fraser at Bournemouth will have huge power as he's their best player, if he asked Eddie Howe to suck him off three times a week to get him to sign a new contract Howe would be away to the chemist to buy some mouthwash.

That's true but they all have a measure of influence, and can use it.  Look at Darren Fletcher, he played for a club a wee bit bigger than Bournemouth and showed tremendous commitment to Scotland. 
The clubs can't stop players going if they're fit and the player doesn't allow themselves to be convinced to pull out.  A player like Fraser at Bournemouth will have huge power as he's their best player, if he asked Eddie Howe to suck him off three times a week to get him to sign a new contract Howe would be away to the chemist to buy some mouthwash.

Yeah but beckham was probably the most marketable player in the world at the time and didn’t even particularly want to leave man united.

Tierney is in his first season in the premier league trying to prove himself in what is a pretty cut throat industry. He’s struggling with injuries and it’s currently keeping him out the team.

Tierney could probably be more bold in saying he wants to play but it’s very easy to sit from a distance and say he should be telling arsenal to do one if they suggest he focus on recovery during international breaks.

1 hour ago, ToatieScone said:

Restricted view seats behind both goals on sale now. £17

was directly behind the goal when faddy scored THAT goal against holland. 

restricted or not still one of the best football experiences I've had to this day . 17 quid an absolute bargain if result goes our way .

Edited by greenockraver

I see the SFA account has tweeted this afternoon to say we’re ‘down to the last handful of tickets’ for the Israel game.

Good effort to virtually sell out over 3 weeks before the game.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Shame it will be postponed. 

Good point.  But for peak Scotland, we'd win the playoffs and then the championships would be cancelled. 

14 hours ago, dezz said:

I see the SFA account has tweeted this afternoon to say we’re ‘down to the last handful of tickets’ for the Israel game.

Good effort to virtually sell out over 3 weeks before the game.

Especially with less than 1,000 away fans.

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Especially with less than 1,000 away fans.

Absolutely, I was just thinking that. 1,000 away fans less some lost seats for segregation, so maybe something along the lines of 50,000 Scotland fans there. Really looking forward to the game now. 

Could never have imagined a headline like this when I was young. We hardly did  anything else.  

AN initiative aimed at getting more people to play football across Glasgow has been launched with the support of UEFA EURO 2020.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Tierney back in full training.
There really shouldn't be any issues with him getting selected this time. If anything Arsenal should want him in to get his match fitness back.
I still don't particularly like the idea of him being the RB but hopefully it'll give us some improvement at the back.
That assumes he actually gets into the 11. With Palmer still playing 90mins every week at RB for S.Wednesday, Clarke will have had him penned in as the presumed starter for a while now.