Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

The gentleman’s agreement is shite. We should be able to cap someone who’s lived in Scotland for the required amount of time regardless of whether they were educated here, just like any other country.

It's not a gentleman's agreement - it is part of FIFA's rules.

For someone to qualify to play for Scotland under your scenario, they would need to have Scottish citizenship, which doesn't currently exist.

Edited by craigkillie

4 hours ago, the snudge said:

Because Jeremie Frimpong was educated in the UK, could he be elligible for Scotland? Probably breaks some gentlemens agreement between the English FA and SFA but in theory could we cap him? Apologies for being a bit thick with this one. 

Considering he was a starter for Netherland's under 20s last month, I imagine he's aiming a bit higher than Scotland.

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Considering he was a starter for Netherland's under 20s last month, I imagine he's aiming a bit higher than Scotland.

Beat me to it. He’s Dutch and will get a full call up before long

Edited by gonzohiggy

Going by the highlights, Armstrong looked really good on the right for Southampton yesterday. I wonder if Clarke would move Christie inside with Armstrong on the right, or just have Armstrong take McGinn's spot.

Long way to go though.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

How many tickets are you allowed to purchase through the general sale on Thursday?

It doesn't seem to be mentioned but, looking at sales so far, I can't imagine there will be a particularly stringent limit (if any limit is imposed at all).

Just now, George Parr said:

It doesn't seem to be mentioned but, looking at sales so far, I can't imagine there will be a particularly stringent limit (if any limit is imposed at all).

I've been made organiser to get the tickets and there's about 10 of us wanting to go. I'll phone them today and confirm. 

Doesn't seem to be possible to buy child tickets at all. I've tried to call any number at the SFA to tell them but everything is getting "Your cll cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

Useless twats.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Been waiting in the virtual queue for 10 minutes. I imagine should get tickets ok at this stage. 

Still quite a number behind each goal.  I just got three in the east stand - although the block where I sat for 4/5 qualifiers is gone entirely.  Looking set to be a good crowd.