Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

Ah well, if everyone might be at it then I suppose we should just forget about severely punishing those who have definitely, 100% been caught cheating on a mass scale, across multiple sports.

If that was remotely what I was saying you'd have a point.

If I was in charge at a club like Motherwell or Hibs I'd have the whole squad nandroloned off their tits.

21 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It works out at roughly four players are tested per UEFA match (national teams and club competitions) which can include those on the bench so each player has about a 10% chance of being tested.

For a UEFA match in Russia, where are the samples tested? If it's at the Moscow lab then they're worthless. 

On 09/12/2019 at 11:05, forameus said:

I imagine they won't, but they should be.  To be honest, more than Scotland should.  A whole country's sporting infrastructure has now been found guilty of doping breaches, that will potentially lead to them not participating in the biggest international tournament in the sport.  And three teams now have to go up against them at the Euros.  Denmark, Finland and Belgium should be similarly concerned, surely?

Somehow I don't think Belgium will be saying much about it. 

Bit weird that existing members aren't being given the chance to renew prior to new members signing up. 

It's unlikely to happen due to us not having that many fans and server capacity but theoretically I could be busy for half an hour at Friday noon and 50,000 new members could sign up and buy all the memberships and tickets for the Israel game. 

48 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I assume that SSC members can buy more than 1 ticket? If so I'm guessing the general sale won't actually be up to much. 

It will be one ticket per member I would imagine, but they haven't made this clear.

Also nothing in the renewal details about how tickets would be allocated for Norway/Serbia or the finals themselves should we qualify. I'm in the top 2,000ish points wise and will be apoplectic if they don't use the points system properly.

23 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Somehow I don't think Belgium will be saying much about it. 

Yeah, they're likely to beat Russia up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and win anyway.  But should they have an off-day, and Russia grind out a 1-0 through some suspicious "energy", surely the question might be asked?  More likely from the other two though.  Whether it's valid or not.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Guid hoanest pricing for this one. 

full-price-1600x900.jpg.a5ee24c3d6541499d937a646ff2df8ce.jpg

Very good actually, and for once a sensible decision.  They probably could have gotten away with charging more, but clearly they're conscious that a full stadium has other benefits other than £££.  If we can't fill the stadium at those prices, despite it being a Thursday night, for such an important game, then we never will.  Just a shame we can't follow it up with a home final.

It's amazing how a colourful graphic with £20 a ticket jumps out at you and people seem to think it's a good deal.

• The qualifying campaign hasn't yet finished, but we're expected to renew our memberships for the next campaign in order to get our tickets for this one.
  • No staggered purchasing, meaning that new members can buy at the same time as existing members. It's unlikely, but possible that existing members could actually miss out if they don't buy their membership quickly enough.
  • Asking for £60-£70 a skull 12 days before Christmas. Really?
  • The saving isn't actually as great as it would appear. A North Stand season ticket for the 5 group qualifiers was £105, an average price of £21. The equivalent for this game is a mammoth saving of £1.

Completely expected, but really dodgy practices from the SSC. If anyone thinks that they're being generous by keeping the prices low for this one they're kidding themselves. They're using the low prices as an incentive to buy their ridiculously overpriced memberships.

9 minutes ago, Toby said:

It's amazing how a colourful graphic with £20 a ticket jumps out at you and people seem to think it's a good deal.

• The qualifying campaign hasn't yet finished, but we're expected to renew our memberships for the next campaign in order to get our tickets for this one.
  • No staggered purchasing, meaning that new members can buy at the same time as existing members. It's unlikely, but possible that existing members could actually miss out if they don't buy their membership quickly enough.
  • The saving isn't actually as great as it would appear. A North Stand season ticket for the 5 group qualifiers was £105, an average price of £21. The equivalent for this game is a mammoth saving of £1.

Completely expected, but really dodgy practices from the SSC. If anyone thinks that they're being generous by keeping the prices low for this one they're kidding themselves. They're using the low prices as an incentive to buy their ridiculously overpriced memberships.

So don't buy the membership?

Might seem flippant, but surely it's an option.  I've no intention of buying the membership again after doing fine without in the last campaign.  For the one-off match that is the most important we've had in a while, I don't find 20/25 to be that steep compared to some of the lunatic prices they've had in the past.  To each their own though.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Yeah, they're likely to beat Russia up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and win anyway.  But should they have an off-day, and Russia grind out a 1-0 through some suspicious "energy", surely the question might be asked?  More likely from the other two though.  Whether it's valid or not.

Belgium won't be opening that can of worms.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

So don't buy the membership?

Might seem flippant, but surely it's an option.  I've no intention of buying the membership again after doing fine without in the last campaign.  For the one-off match that is the most important we've had in a while, I don't find 20/25 to be that steep compared to some of the lunatic prices they've had in the past.  To each their own though.

I'll be buying one anyway as I travel to the away games, and it's needed for that. That doesn't however mean that it's a good deal that they shouldn't be called out on.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The tickets are £5 cheaper than the last set of qualifiers despite it being a much bigger match. I'm not sure how that can be seen as anything other than a good thing.

They're £1 cheaper than the average price with the season ticket for an adult in the North Stand.

29 minutes ago, Toby said:

£40 for a membership that saves you a fiver for each home game, guarantees a ticket to every home game regardless of opposition, gives you discounts on merchandise and opens up access to away games and finals tickets is not "ridiculously overpriced".

I agree with you about the lack of a renewal period for existing members prior to opening up to new members is really poor. Timing before Christmas maybe not ideal but when else should they do it? Most folk I know get paid early in December then they're skint in January. I think they could've done with a few days more notice.

13 minutes ago, Toby said:

I'll be buying one anyway as I travel to the away games, and it's needed for that. That doesn't however mean that it's a good deal that they shouldn't be called out on.

Yeah, that's completely fair enough.

In isolation, the tickets for that game alone seem more reasonable than they perhaps could have made them.  But as someone whose going to buy the membership, I completely take your point.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

£40 for a membership that saves you a fiver for each home game, guarantees a ticket to every home game regardless of opposition, gives you discounts on merchandise and opens up access to away games and finals tickets is not "ridiculously overpriced".

I agree with you about the lack of a renewal period for existing members prior to opening up to new members is really poor. Timing before Christmas maybe not ideal but when else should they do it? Most folk I know get paid early in December then they're skint in January. I think they could've done with a few days more notice.

Opinions are like arseholes I suppose. £120 for a Wales membership that includes 4 group qualifiers and free for an England one that doesn't provide access to their away games.

42 minutes ago, Toby said:

They're £1 cheaper than the average price with the season ticket for an adult in the North Stand.

That's irrelevant - this isn't a game that's going to be on a season ticket. That would be like Killie charging a walk-up price of £17 for a big cup game (eg a quarter-final) and me going "actually, my season ticket only costs £17.89 per game so it's not that good a price".

This is our biggest game in over a decade, and it has been priced up cheaper than a run of the mill qualifier.