Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

So we're guaranteed a one game play-off fixture at Hampden in March 2020.

Now regardless of whomever we play in the play-off,  if we win is that us qualified? Or do we potentially have a further play-off after?

With all these potential scenarios being discussed I can't ever remember anyone actually mentioning what the outcome of winning this game actually is.

I'm probably being daft mind.

15 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

So we're guaranteed a one game play-off fixture at Hampden in March 2020.

Now regardless of whomever we play in the play-off,  if we win is that us qualified? Or do we potentially have a further play-off after?

With all these potential scenarios being discussed I can't ever remember anyone actually mentioning what the outcome of winning this game actually is.

I'm probably being daft mind.

There's a final after that. Potentially would be against Serbia or Norway if they don't qualify outright before that.

There's a final after that. Potentially would be against Serbia or Norway if they don't qualify outright before that.
Would there be a draw to see where this tie would be played? Would not fancy going to Serbia needing a win.

I don't think it's over-egging it to say that getting home advantage in that semi was an absolute masterstroke.  I'd fancy us against any of our potential opponents there.  But if we get an away final then that confidence turns into utter despair.

Let's just qualify automatically, Steve.  f**k this playoff shite.

I don't think it's over-egging it to say that getting home advantage in that semi was an absolute masterstroke.  I'd fancy us against any of our potential opponents there.  But if we get an away final then that confidence turns into utter despair.
Let's just qualify automatically, Steve.  f**k this playoff shite.
Russia look in some decent form just now. I don't see us getting above them in the group and qualifying automatically unless Griffiths comes back scoring. We're hoping for a home draw in the playoff final imo.

I also see we're going to be slipping down the world rankings again with a world cup draw coming soon. From pushing towards pot 2, we're now drifting towards pot 4. We've fallen to 28th in terms of the European teams at the next rankings, with 31st probably being the start of pot 4.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, the tactician said:

will the first leg definetly be at hampden? 

i noticed on the survey done by the supporters club it said a potential away tie in the play offs?

The semi-final will be at Hampden guaranteed, and it's a one-legged tie.  I think after that the final could well be away, I can't remember what the criteria is.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
2 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

Seems a rubbish way of doing it a pre determined neutral venue would be the best option

Or make it a two legged final

They can't make it a two-legged final because there aren't enough dates to fit it in.

They can't make it a two-legged final because there aren't enough dates to fit it in.
Ah, I see. Are the semi and final held within the spring 'double header' date then?
I would have thought that if two potentially full home crowds could have been pulled in for a 2-leg final they'd have found a way, but hey ho.

8 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Ah, I see. Are the semi and final held within the spring 'double header' date then?
I would have thought that if two potentially full home crowds could have been pulled in for a 2-leg final they'd have found a way, but hey ho.

Yeah, semi is on the Thursday/Friday/Saturday, with the final on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday (delete as WEEKOFFOOTBALLAPPLICABLE).  

I prefer the one-off game.  I'd imagine there's always far more chance of us shiting it at two attempts than just one.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69

If they have to work their way down and a and b sections league to get 4 teams for each play off if the majority of a and bs qualify automatically

59 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Could we still end up with rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland from section b in play offs if majority of a and b qualify automatically

No. If the spots above us needs filled in the higher levels, they’re populated by the 5th, 6th, 7th team from our section.

from memory they are Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary

By all accounts Finland should qualify outright. If Serbia fail to beat Portugal tonight then they’ll almost definitely go into the playoffs. Norway are still in their group but also likely to be in the playoffs.

If one team is to go up to the higher group it’ll be a 50/50 draw between Bulgaria and Israel, with us playing the other.