Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

Again, you seem to be completely oblivious to the concept of some teams being better than other teams.
If we end up playing Serbia away, then it's on a par (no pun intended) with Dunfermline needing to beat, say, Aberdeen at Pittodrie to reach the Scottish Cup semis. 
Not impossible, but far from a pre-determined "f**k up" if it doesn't happen. 
Dunno about semi final but we've beaten Aberdeen as a higher league opponent on penalties up there before.

We will beat Israel in the semi done it in the NL to finishtop of tbe group to get us where we now are, we had a 50/50 chance of getting a home final we haven't and now all i see is Norway and Serbia getting bigged up yes we haven't got a great away record at the moment but its 4 month away and ALL the pressure will be on either of them they will no doubt by odds on favorites but i dont see the need to big them up and be little ourselves. 

Norway vs Serbia will definitely be a draw at 90 mins, Norway can't help but draw with similar quality teams. Then go on to knacker each other out in ET hopefully. 

I wouldn't be against Scott Brown popping up for these games. He's not better than the players we're currently using in midfield. However, this team is crying out for a proper leader.

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Norway vs Serbia will definitely be a draw at 90 mins, Norway can't help but draw with similar quality teams. Then go on to knacker each other out in ET hopefully. 

I wouldn't be against Scott Brown popping up for these games. He's not better than the players we're currently using in midfield. However, this team is crying out for a proper leader.

Would you be against Scott Brown taking a shite on your living room carpet and mooshing it in with your slipper?

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

I agree on Brown. I have no love for Brown at all, but all possible options should be considered. 

24 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Attack wise Norway are decent.  John King, Martin Odegaard, Haaland and Sorloth are all excellent players that are better than our players in the same position. Who are their defenders though? Ajer?  Looking at their Wiki page there aren't too many defenders who I've heard of so we could fancy our chances of a goal.

Serbia have a truly fantastic defence with Champions League level players. Kolarov, Maksimovic etc. Midfield they have Tadic, Milijovic and up front they have Mitrovic.  They would be a scary team to play away against in a must win match.

Norway please.

Both Norway & Serbia have had similar type results to ourselves in this qualification campaign, hence the reason both failed to qualify automatically.

Make no mistake neither are world beaters and similar to Scotland have a mix of players playing Champions league and Europa league football along with a few guys playing at a lower level.

While we have a tendency to talk our own teams down and worry about the guys mentioned above, I'm sure it won't be lost on their supporters / players, that we also have high profile players such as Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Ryan Fraser, Scott McTominay, Kieran Tierney & Stuart Armstrong plus some of the key Celtic players (who top their Europa group and have just beaten Lazio both home and away) such as James Forrest, Ryan Christie & Callum McGregor and even Ryan Jack at Rangers who again are performing very well on the European stage.

It won't be easy, especially playing away, however it's far from a forlorn hope.............