Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

It is what it is, I suppose.  We should be able to get through a semi, then it's a 90 minute literal playoff to reach a tournament.  If the players can't get up for that then they don't deserve to be there.  

Time to practice several months of forgetting the past and get right intae these c***s.

^^^
Shite attitude.  (Not you @forameus xx)

I've thought since Albania (h) that we were going to qualify for this tournament - still feel the same.  Four months for Steve Clarke to work out a way to beat Israel at home, and then either Norway or Serbia away?  I think we've got a chance.

....just don't be too quick to book flights to Belgrade...

Edited by Estragon

Could see us shitfesting our way to a win in Norway if they continue to use the King/Sorloth partnership instead of playing Haaland. 

Playing against Serbia would be a good laugh though as they're just as bad as us defensively. Probably wouldn't win that one but it'd be an entertaining game.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Be as well not bothering.

An away tie, especially to Serbia, is making me physically sick.

I think we could have took them at Hampden too, but we’ll shite ourselves on the big stage. Should be able to dispatch Israel fairly comfortably.

Awk well. No matter how easy they make it, we’ll always find a way to f**k up.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Anyone want to buy tickets to a couple of Euro 2020 Hampden games?

Cant wait to see North Macedonia vs Upper Volta Wanderers on a balmy June evening in front of 6 folk.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

It is what it is, I suppose.  We should be able to get through a semi, then it's a 90 minute literal playoff to reach a tournament.  If the players can't get up for that then they don't deserve to be there.  
Time to practice several months of forgetting the past and get right intae these c***s.
No extra time and penalties? Losing on penalties would be peak Scotland. [emoji17]

Attack wise Norway are decent.  John King, Martin Odegaard, Haaland and Sorloth are all excellent players that are better than our players in the same position. Who are their defenders though? Ajer?  Looking at their Wiki page there aren't too many defenders who I've heard of so we could fancy our chances of a goal.

Serbia have a truly fantastic defence with Champions League level players. Kolarov, Maksimovic etc. Midfield they have Tadic, Milijovic and up front they have Mitrovic.  They would be a scary team to play away against in a must win match.

Norway please.

I'll be surprised if we don't beat Israel in the first game. Second one is obviously going to be far more difficult, but both Norway and Serbia will go into a home final against us as massive favourites and with all the pressure on them. We are capable of getting a result against either.

No reason we can’t beat Norway ffs.

When was the last time we won a competitive game away to a team around our level or above? Croatia back in 2013? And they had pretty much already qualified...

We just don’t do it away from home. Norway are also better than us.

We had to beat a shite Slovenia team (who were already out) in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers to get in to the play-offs. We went 1-0 up and still found a way to f**k it up.

Now, I’m not saying we’ll f**k it up...but we’ll probably f**k it up.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Awk well. No matter how easy they make it, we’ll always find a way to f**k up.

"We" haven't done anything to "f**k up". 

So far, we've done exactly what we needed to do from this supposedly "easier" route to a tournament - finish top of a group containing two other teams more or less at our level. 

We're now at the mercy of the play-offs, which unfortunately for us might mean playing away at a team that was at the higher end of League C. Not much we can do about that.