Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Is that right? I thought they said that there could be a second draw in April if need be.

I missed this, but surely not? They can't half make the draw next week and then finish it later in the year surely? It wouldn't just affect us, Hungary or Romania, it would also affect the countries paired with us and everyone else drawn into that group.

Quick question, how are we in a draw with a few other teams for our semi, yet Norway and Serbia already know they are playing each other?   [emoji848]
I think it's because they finished with the 2nd and 3rd best records from Nations League (or were 2nd and 3rd in the ranking of the qualifiers) so are due to play each other. We have the top ranking or best group winners so will play the fourth team at home.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I missed this, but surely not? They can't half make the draw next week and then finish it later in the year surely? It wouldn't just affect us, Hungary or Romania, it would also affect the countries paired with us and everyone else drawn into that group.

Just looked it up and this is absolutely true, if there's a playoff path with 2 hosts (which there will be, either us/Hungary, us/Romania, or Hungary/Romania) then they is going to be an "either or" coming out of the draw. The one thing that's guaranteed is any host who qualifies gets two group games at home.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Is there a chance rules will be changed to ensure Scotland get a home final too? Or will it defo be the toss of the coin. Assuming we win the semi...

All will be decided decided on Friday.

But for UEFA - Finland have fucked everything up - no way did they expect four host countries in the play-offs.

All four sides could/will cause us issues at some point in the match. Going by the looks of qualifying and name, if I had to pick one to avoid it would be Romania and would take any of three.

Israel seem to have gone way off the boil after a fairly decent start to qualifying. They've lost 6 of their last 8 games!

Saying that, a sold-out and hopefully rocking Hampden against any of these sides ; we'd hopefully fancy our chances of at least getting ourselves through to the final. Then again, imagine our opponents would fancy their chances against us too.

Madness. Until the play-offs are completed, four teams won't know which country they're playing in.
Surely they would. Draw for example would have Scotland or League D winner in the group at Hampden and Hungary or League D winner in the group at Budapest - venues would all be known but it would just be a case of fitting in an opponent.