Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

14 hours ago, charger29 said:

No.

From what we know just now, assuming UEFA do as expected and try and keep hosts apart + Switzerland beat Gibraltar tomorrow:

If Hungary finish 2nd in Group E then we'll play either Bulgaria or Israel.

If Hungary finish below that then we'll play one of Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary or Romania.

Therefore Wales v Hungary tomorrow has more riding on it for Scotland than our own match?..........still for 33 quid, a half day from work, a tank of diesel and bleary eyes in the office on Wednesday I could be there in the 2 degree temperatures watching us.

Is the venue for the final decided on Friday, or just what tie will have the home leg? 

Could it be decided that the game is in Serbia for instance, even though they might not be there? [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention]
It's just which tie will host it. Both nations are expected to make preparations for the game.

2 hours ago, Kejan said:

Are the Playoffs a week of football type thing? e.g

IGNORE - just Wiki'd it.

Amazed they haven't gone for it though!

I fully expected them to spread them across the week for TV, but in fairness they've gone for the maximum time between games (4 clear days). There will be fans scrambling to get across Europe.

Honestly thought I understood how this worked and came here and was reading through some posts and I now realise I know SFA about it.  

Ok I'm not going to ask any questions about it to muddy the already murky waters, but who do we want to end up playing, what's the best case scenario?

49 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Honestly thought I understood how this worked and came here and was reading through some posts and I now realise I know SFA about it.  

Ok I'm not going to ask any questions about it to muddy the already murky waters, but who do we want to end up playing, what's the best case scenario?

If we make the final we definitely play the winner of Norway v Serbia. We'll find out on Friday whether that'll be home or away.

We can still get a bunch of teams in the semi, all discussed above, but none of them are all that great and we'll be at home.

IMO we have no more than a 1 in 4 chance of making the finals whoever we end up playing, even though we're at home for the semi. 

It’s so Ireland to have played four Nations League matches and eight qualifiers, won three (1-0 v Gibraltar (a), 1-0 v Georgia (h) and 2-0 v Gibraltar (h)) and yet still wound up in the play-offs.

They could yet end up in Path A with Iceland and Israel into the bargain.

Slightly away from the playoffs, the whole Russia chucked oot story is still rumbling on

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/nov/18/russia-ban-olympics-euro-2020-drug-anomalies

Doesn't appear to be anything new to the story from last time, but there is at least a date.  December 9th will be decision day, and there's the potential for UEFA's plans to get bent right up them if Russia are indeed banned.  Hosting duties will be removed (St Petersburg has 4 games) as well as the nation itself banned.  I would be absolutely amazed if it came to that, but it does seem like they're pretty serious about things.  

1 hour ago, Paco said:

It’s so Ireland to have played four Nations League matches and eight qualifiers, won three (1-0 v Gibraltar (a), 1-0 v Georgia (h) and 2-0 v Gibraltar (h)) and yet still wound up in the play-offs.

They could yet end up in Path A with Iceland and Israel into the bargain.

Wait....are they The Laughing Stock of Europe now?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Slightly away from the playoffs, the whole Russia chucked oot story is still rumbling on

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/nov/18/russia-ban-olympics-euro-2020-drug-anomalies

Doesn't appear to be anything new to the story from last time, but there is at least a date.  December 9th will be decision day, and there's the potential for UEFA's plans to get bent right up them if Russia are indeed banned.  Hosting duties will be removed (St Petersburg has 4 games) as well as the nation itself banned.  I would be absolutely amazed if it came to that, but it does seem like they're pretty serious about things.  

Best to win tonight to secure 3rd place just in case.

you can put your hoose on the draw being

SERBIA AWAY in the final . 
this is scotland. its set in stone. theres absolutely nae chance in hell of a nice home draw in any playoff final . 

I think Norway will beat Serbia at home. Serbia aren’t great away and the sides quite even