Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

To your Q -  I am capable of considering all the likely scenarios that will play out in the future with Covid 19. 

A second spike is a distinct possibility. 

But I also believe that with social distancing and track and trace over the coming months we may well be able to keep the R number under 1 For long enough which would mean a 2nd spike would be unlikely.

Hell we may even luck out with a vaccine. 

To your Q -  I am capable of considering all the likely scenarios that will play out in the future with Covid 19. 
A second spike is a distinct possibility. 
But I also believe that with social distancing and track and trace over the coming months we may well be able to keep the R number under 1 For long enough which would mean a 2nd spike would be unlikely.
Hell we may even luck out with a vaccine. 

Okay, cool.
But second spike or not, do you honestly foresee a packed full-house Hampden in October for these playoffs? People slavering and sweating away, shoulder to shoulder?
Genuine question. From the evidence before me right now it really looks like we'll be mired in degrees of lockdown/distancing for at least the rest of this year and probably most of next (until a vaccine arrives, essentially)

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Okay, cool.
But second spike or not, do you honestly foresee a packed full-house Hampden in October for these playoffs? People slavering and sweating away, shoulder to shoulder?
Genuine question. From the evidence before me right now it really looks like we'll be mired in degrees of lockdown/distancing for at least the rest of this year and probably most of next (until a vaccine arrives, essentially)

It's a different country but given October is a while away it should be achievable, this was tonight in Prague. 

Problem comes when you say (maybe) some will attend, how do you decide who does and does not. 

IMG_20200618_012215.jpg

It's a different country but given October is a while away it should be achievable, this was tonight in Prague. 

Problem comes when you say (maybe) some will attend, how do you decide who does and does not. 

IMG_20200618_012215.thumb.jpg.759173b160f7531cde0e5c2e5290f5a8.jpg

That's a socially distanced setup tho (or at least an attempt at one), not a full house. That's a best case for us I reckon. People will still be hiding away in houses by the time October comes

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Okay, cool.

Slavering certainly....

Nobody knows but I try and think positively.  

The other hope is that as the virus mutates it becomes less virulent. 

600,000 people die from the flu every year which at the moment is still ahead of Covid total for 2020. We do not go into a lockdown each and every year. I am not disagreeing with lockdown just that we need to get a balance to allow us to live our lives as normally as possible. After that it is up to each individual to make a decision of the level of risk they are prepared to accept. 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

IMG_20200618_012215.jpg

Thats easy, the points table could be used for the Scotland home games. 

Okay, cool.

They had a full house in Belgrade last weekend.

17 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

They had a full house in Belgrade last weekend.

That's fine, but we're talking about Hampden, Scotland - where Covid has had a significantly greater impact. The first playoff is 3.5 months away. I can't see us getting back to normal crowds/full houses in Scotland by then, not by some way. 

On 22/06/2020 at 13:57, Gordopolis said:

That's fine, but we're talking about Hampden, Scotland - where Covid has had a significantly greater impact. The first playoff is 3.5 months away. I can't see us getting back to normal crowds/full houses in Scotland by then, not by some way. 

I expect there will be a crowd, but it'll be significantly reduced. Maybe 10000 or so.