Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

7 minutes ago, resk said:

https://www.nrk.no/sport/folkehelseinstituttet-med-nye-anbefalinger---kan-ramme-serbia-kampen-1.14937508

That's the Norway-Serbia game to be played behind closed doors. Ffs.

That's excellent news for us - we've got a much better chance of winning away from home if there are no fans there.

That's excellent news for us - we've got a much better chance of winning away from home if there are no fans there.
True, it was more of a general "ffs" about the concept of closed doors matches. It would be a huge boost to Israel if we have to do the same.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Not sure i'd subscribe to this. Suppose it just depends on how each player plays and concentrates in a game in an empty stadium. Suppose the average wil be exposed.

And there is the Club World Cup in 2021. So it isn't like next summer is free for the Euros.
If the European clubs are boycotting the CWC then I guess it's still possible for the Euro's to be played in 2021. Would create an even more interesting dynamic between UEFA and FIFA and I'm not sure if FIFA could do anything about it. Hopefully they can tear each other apart.

19 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

And there is the Club World Cup in 2021. So it isn't like next summer is free for the Euros.

It continues to baffle me that anyone gives a flying feck about the club world cup. 

47 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

It continues to baffle me that anyone gives a flying feck about the club world cup. 

Regardless of whether anyone cares about it there's meant to be 8 UEFA teams in it in 2021 and I imagine FIFA won't be keen on moving it to suit UEFA. 

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Moving the Euros back a year is great for us.  Most of our good players are relatively young, so in a year will be slightly better players.  Imagine how good Gilmour could be in a year, Malky Mackay would probably have him captaining the u19s by then.

Steady!

Nicola Sturgeon has just announced that gatherings of 500 or more will be cancelled from next week.  It's not clear for how long, but presumably at least a couple of weeks, so that means our game will be either postponed or held behind closed doors.

Edited by Gnash