Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

14 minutes ago, Estragon said:

In 2018/19, KT played 40 games at club level and withdrew from every international squad he was named in post-Israel.  I'm not barracking him.  I like him as a player, and wish he was interested in playing for Scotland, I don't have a personal gripe because he isn't.  He's a club over country modern pro, that's all.  It's just as weird crossing our fingers and hoping he'll have a change of heart to solve our RB issue, when the evidence suggests he won't.

26 of those 40 club games were played in the four months prior to the November international break. After that, he only played 14 times in 5 months for Celtic.

After the Israel game there were only three international squads named. He was called up for the Albania/Israel double header in November and met up with the squad before being ruled out by the Scotland doctors. For the March double-header he flew to Kazakhstan with the squad before being ruled out. For the summer one he wasn't called up because he had surgery scheduled.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

26 of those 40 club games were played in the four months prior to the November international break. After that, he only played 14 times in 5 months for Celtic.

After the Israel game there were only three international squads named. He was called up for the Albania/Israel double header in November and met up with the squad before being ruled out by the Scotland doctors. For the March double-header he flew to Kazakhstan with the squad before being ruled out. For the summer one he wasn't called up because he had surgery scheduled.

And after withdrawing from the Albania/Israel squad, he started 2 games in the league, 2 big Europa league games, and the LC final - playing every minute except when he was subbed after 79 against Accies.

Then there's the squad he was withdrawn for in October, before playing 90 minutes for Arsenal two days later.

He's a guy who has clearly prioritised club fitness over playing for Scotland in his career to date - and that's obviously his prerogative.  There's nothing to suggest that this trend will change, and I don't know why you want to suggest that I'm "barracking" the player because I'm pointing this out.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Is there any evidence whatsoever of Griffiths ever having been "not bothered" playing for Scotland? The guy had a mental health issue and was out for a while, but you'd have to be a complete uncaring arsehole to hold that against him.

So if he had a physical injury and had been out a while then it would be okay to hold that against someone?

Utter shite 

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I thought I told you to run along wee man?

Haven’t you got school tomorrow or something?

You did but we’ve already established you’re wrong about everything weirdo. I’ll just stick you on ignore and hopefully the normal people will be able to drown you out.

I think that looks decent tbf. Griffiths is in form for Celtic when he can be arsed playing but I’m not sure how committed he’d be to Scotland given we won’t pay him £15k per week.
This is ridiculous.

Tierney at right back when he still isnt fit and is not playing?

And after withdrawing from the Albania/Israel squad, he started 2 games in the league, 2 big Europa league games, and the LC final - playing every minute except when he was subbed after 79 against Accies.
Then there's the squad he was withdrawn for in October, before playing 90 minutes for Arsenal two days later.
He's a guy who has clearly prioritised club fitness over playing for Scotland in his career to date - and that's obviously his prerogative.  There's nothing to suggest that this trend will change, and I don't know why you want to suggest that I'm "barracking" the player because I'm pointing this out.
Spot on here

I think it's a bit unfair to direct everything at Tierney.  IF his drop-outs haven't been 100% genuine, then it's far more likely that his employer are putting pressure on him than it is Tierney just not being arsed.  He's clearly had pretty serious injury problems, so it makes sense that Celtic - and now Arsenal - want to protect their investment.  And what player is going to go against the wishes of the ones that pay his wages to play for their country these days?