Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

2 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

2 goals from open play in 19 games is hardly a good record . In saying that I think he should start based on current form with mcburnie to come on if needed.

His current form is 2 goals in 19 games. It’s shite! He’s a League One reject. 

Do you seriously think that someone would pay £20 million for Griffiths? Do you seriously think he’d get a game in the Premiership?

Don’t be ridiculous!

..............................Marshall.........................

Tierney.....Hanley.....Cooper.....Robertson 

.................McTominay....Fleck......................

Christie...............McGinn..............Fraser 

...............................McBurnie......................

If all fit then that's the line up I would go with. Wouldnt be bothered if Griffiths or Armstrong started either in place of McBurnie and Fraser

15 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

McBurnie is a £20 million Premiership striker

Griffiths is a League One reject

There’s no comparison 

strawman argument.

20 million premiership striker in a climate where ross mccormack was apparently worth 12 (before inflation)

griffiths was no league one reject. he was bought by celtic from wolves because hes a prolific goalscorer.

griffiths scored 2 free kicks on a postage stamp against england and shows an interest at international level.  Mcburnie looked out his depth every time he played at that level. 

swings and roundabouts , horses for courses. You can make an argument on a lot of points but when it comes down to it , in my own opinion, griffiths has to start. but i can see the argument for mcburnie also

Edited by greenockraver

12 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

..............................Marshall.........................

Tierney.....Hanley.....Cooper.....Robertson 

.................McTominay....Fleck......................

Christie...............McGinn..............Fraser 

...............................McBurnie......................

If all fit then that's the line up I would go with. Wouldnt be bothered if Griffiths or Armstrong started either in place of McBurnie and Fraser

I think that looks decent tbf. Griffiths is in form for Celtic when he can be arsed playing but I’m not sure how committed he’d be to Scotland given we won’t pay him £15k per week.

Is there any evidence whatsoever of Griffiths ever having been "not bothered" playing for Scotland? The guy had a mental health issue and was out for a while, but you'd have to be a complete uncaring arsehole to hold that against him.

That stat about Griffiths isn’t even right. At least be accurate in your nonsensical trolling crap.

The stat is correct he’s played 19 times for scotland has 4 goals 2 were free kicks against england the other 2 were goals against Slovenia away and the other Malta at home thus 2 goals from open play in 19 games. I’m glad griffiths is back he will be a real asset in these games and I have been impressed by his link up play also recently thus the likes of Armstrong Forrest etc will benefit.

Is there any evidence whatsoever of Griffiths ever having been "not bothered" playing for Scotland? The guy had a mental health issue and was out for a while, but you'd have to be a complete uncaring arsehole to hold that against him.

In answer to your question, no there is not.

And which current Scotland strikers out there have a significantly better record than that?

I would agree that’s why I would start him with mcburnie and naismith to come on if we are struggling at any point. His biggest asset is probably his link up play and not the goals anyway. The point I was trying to make was that people are quoting mcburnies record for scotland which are mostly sub appearances I think he gets unfair criticism and I think he could be an important player in the future.

I think that looks decent tbf. Griffiths is in form for Celtic when he can be arsed playing but I’m not sure how committed he’d be to Scotland given we won’t pay him £15k per week.

He’s mentioned loads of times that he wants to get back into the scotland squad I would argue he is one of our most committed players.

I've never seen anything to doubt Griffiths' commitment to Scotland, I think he's shown a good attitude and clearly enjoys playing for his country.  McBurnie has looked like he's on a chain gang in the games he's played for us, and he moves like he's on one too.

I think we look a better team with Griffiths cause he is technically good he can link up and hold it up. He can run in behind too and if a chance falls to one of our strikers you'd be more confident of him finishing it than any of the others.

I wonder if Fletcher would be interested though, stylistically he is a great fit and has done well in the past. Now fit and playing again, would definitely have him in the squad with a decent chance of starting if he is still interested.

2 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

The stat is correct he’s played 19 times for scotland has 4 goals 2 were free kicks against england the other 2 were goals against Slovenia away and the other Malta at home thus 2 goals from open play in 19 games. I’m glad griffiths is back he will be a real asset in these games and I have been impressed by his link up play also recently thus the likes of Armstrong Forrest etc will benefit.

Aye that’s my fuckup. I thought it was referring to his club form especially given Cole’s habit of being wrong about everything.

McBurnie is easily the best striking option and it isn't even close. He is starting games for a side competing at the top of the EPL. 

Griffiths hasn't played up front on his own for years. I'd have him on the bench to come on if we need a goal.

Naismith is hardly setting the heather alight at a dismal Hearts team. 

33 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Neither is Tierney, he won't play. 

I still don't get this constant barracking of Tierney, it's very weird. He has been carrying an injury and has hardly kicked a ball at club level for the last 18 months, so of course he hasn't played for Scotland. If he's fit and back playing for Arsenal then he'll be in the squad and I'm pretty sure he'll turn up for it.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I still don't get this constant barracking of Tierney, it's very weird. He has been carrying an injury and has hardly kicked a ball at club level for the last 18 months, so of course he hasn't played for Scotland. If he's fit and back playing for Arsenal then he'll be in the squad and I'm pretty sure he'll turn up for it.

In 2018/19, KT played 40 games at club level and withdrew from every international squad he was named in post-Israel.  I'm not barracking him.  I like him as a player, and wish he was interested in playing for Scotland, I don't have a personal gripe because he isn't.  He's a club over country modern pro, that's all.  It's just as weird crossing our fingers and hoping he'll have a change of heart to solve our RB issue, when the evidence suggests he won't.

Edited by Estragon
Factual error