Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's irrelevant - this isn't a game that's going to be on a season ticket. That would be like Killie charging a walk-up price of £17 for a big cup game (eg a quarter-final) and me going "actually, my season ticket only costs £17.89 per game so it's not that good a price".

This is our biggest game in over a decade, and it has been priced up cheaper than a run of the mill qualifier.

Agreed.  I hope we fill the stadium for this match to show the SFA what happens with sensible pricing.  And a genuinely important match, of course.

If there's only 20k then the SFA might as well charge £40 a ticket for qualifiers.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's irrelevant - this isn't a game that's going to be on a season ticket. That would be like Killie charging a walk-up price of £17 for a big cup game (eg a quarter-final) and me going "actually, my season ticket only costs £17.89 per game so it's not that good a price".

This is our biggest game in over a decade, and it has been priced up cheaper than a run of the mill qualifier.

Except it’s being used as a tool to sell memberships as opposed to just match tickets. The individual price itself isn’t one I object to, but the way it’s advertised is misleading at best.

Your point about it being a £5 saving on the qualifiers doesn’t tell the whole story about the ticketing arrangements.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

They're £1 cheaper than the average price with the season ticket for an adult in the North Stand.

Selling season tickets to SSC members hasn't really been an issue for us though - we sell plenty of those. It's filling the ground up with punters who just want to go on the day that we've been struggling with. It's good pricing and I would hope we'll see a full stadium.

Agree on the new/existing members thing btw, that appears a rather shoddy way of doing it.

Too many guys looking for fault on this site ,,we get ripped off every week watching  shite in the Scottish leagues but still cough up.

I paid £29 for a 0  0 draw at Tynecastle earlier in the season .

By comparison £15 for our biggest game for years is a total bargain and you get your money back from the membership if you go to most of the home games with the 5 quid discount.  Seems to be a lot more consideration for the fans compared to say 4 years ago.

2 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

£20 for Israel game for travel club members is fantastic value. Bit annoying that existing members didn’t get chance to renew and buy tickets first however.

The reason is the current membership period ends on 31st December 2019. 

Renew your membership and the 20 quid tickets for the Israel game that takes place during the next membership period are there waiting for you.

What's the problem??

The reason is the current membership period ends on 31st December 2019. 
Renew your membership and the 20 quid tickets for the Israel game that takes place during the next membership period are there waiting for you.
What's the problem??

with about a weeks notice a few weeks before Christmas existing members have to rejoin and buy the tickets on the same day or risk losing out on their preferred seats in the north stand to a new member who is just signing up to get a play of ticket. it’s not as if I’m going to wait until January or February to rejoin now as their could in theory be rush for new memberships and tickets and I could end up disappointed.

Also myself and 3 friends have been going to games for 20 years so had to get them to sign up again on Friday as well which is a pain. Some fans go in groups of say 20 which would be a greater pain. As I said can’t complain about prices amazing and also found the ticket booking process far improved. A better way of doing it would be -

- existing members renew by 13/12
- opens to new members 03/01
- Israel tickets go on sale 10/01

This is better as splits membership and ticket costs as well as giving existing members the chance to renew first. Also gives more than a weeks notice to buy the tickets. It also gives fans that go in groups a window to renew so they can still buy tickets and sit together.

12 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

with about a weeks notice a few weeks before Christmas existing members have to rejoin and buy the tickets on the same day or risk losing out on their preferred seats in the north stand to a new member who is just signing up to get a play of ticket. it’s not as if I’m going to wait until January or February to rejoin now as their could in theory be rush for new memberships and tickets and I could end up disappointed.

Also myself and 3 friends have been going to games for 20 years so had to get them to sign up again on Friday as well which is a pain. Some fans go in groups of say 20 which would be a greater pain. As I said can’t complain about prices amazing and also found the ticket booking process far improved. A better way of doing it would be -

- existing members renew by 13/12
- opens to new members 03/01
- Israel tickets go on sale 10/01

This is better as splits membership and ticket costs as well as giving existing members the chance to renew first. Also gives more than a weeks notice to buy the tickets. It also gives fans that go in groups a window to renew so they can still buy tickets and sit together.

Thanks for the detailed and considered response.

I can agree with most of your points, and in particular the timing of the announcement right on top of the busy season for everyone's credit card because of Santa coming to town.

Pricing is attractive because it's been enforced upon them by the sub-25000 attendances for the last three qualifiers, one of which was against the current number 1 international team on the planet.

Your sectioned sales schedule I also agree with, but I cannot agree with the dates you propose - for 99% of the support, purchasing football tickets for what is a qualifying match during mid-December until mid-January is not a priority given other demands on their wallets at this time of the year. That's a plain fact of basic domestic economics.

That said, the pricing for the Israel game is an order of magnitude better than the rip-offs that were imposed for the previous three qualifying campaigns.

Perfect first half hattrick for Rhodes and a fourth for Steven Fletcher so far today in Sheffield Wednesday's game. Wonder if Fletcher might come back in for these playoffs? Rhodes, I don't think will play for us again, but it's nice to see him emerge from a long spell of poor form and not playing.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Perfect first half hattrick for Rhodes and a fourth for Steven Fletcher so far today in Sheffield Wednesday's game. Wonder if Fletcher might come back in for these playoffs? Rhodes, I don't think will play for us again, but it's nice to see him emerge from a long spell of poor form and not playing.

Seems like Fletcher's decision to make himself available will hang on his contract situation at Sheffield Wednesday. If he has a new contract by March then surely he would be comfortable enough to put himself forward for the playoffs. 

On 14/12/2019 at 18:16, jake. said:

Seems like Fletcher's decision to make himself available will hang on his contract situation at Sheffield Wednesday. If he has a new contract by March then surely he would be comfortable enough to put himself forward for the playoffs. 

Nah you're alright.

Would much rather have Shankland or Naismith.

Guest DAVIDB69
Nah you're alright.

Would much rather have Shankland or Naismith.

We can’t have players picking and choosing games just because it matters , he would be told where to go by any other nation.