Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

FWIW I'm fairly certain that if we qualify then we're guaranteed a competitive game against England at Wembley, and we'll be given around 15,000 tickets for that game.

Theres a nice incentive for the players.

Scott Brown can f**k right off if hes expecting to miss the entire qualifying campaign then just stroll in once the hard work is done.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea, I'd assume so though, unless they make it 7:45 local time. So the away leg would be at a later time? Seemed to be a generic time for the groups anyway.

As things stand, all kick offs are 2045 (1945 UK)..

Some negotiation may be possible given NI, RoI and Scotland all involved, plus Georgia is in another time zone.

But that might require Sky to grease some palms.......

Guest DAVIDB69
We should beat Israel fairly comfortably.
We could probably get past Norway, but I think Serbia would beat us. Scott Brown can get to f**k.

We never beat anyone fairly comfortably

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW I'm fairly certain that if we qualify then we're guaranteed a competitive game against England at Wembley, and we'll be given around 15,000 tickets for that game.

Theres a nice incentive for the players.

Scott Brown can f**k right off if hes expecting to miss the entire qualifying campaign then just stroll in once the hard work is done.

IF Scotland qualify, then we play E***a** at Wembley that's already a given.

Just got off work. So we might qualify for a tournament by beating Albania, Israel, and one of Norway or Serbia?

Surely we've never had an easier campaign, even if we were playing the greatest sides those countries have ever produced. Be hilarious if Israel make it, though, considering they've already fucked up two attempts.

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Both Norway & Serbia have had similar type results to ourselves in this qualification campaign, hence the reason both failed to qualify automatically.

Make no mistake neither are world beaters and similar to Scotland have a mix of players playing Champions league and Europa league football along with a few guys playing at a lower level.

While we have a tendency to talk our own teams down and worry about the guys mentioned above, I'm sure it won't be lost on their supporters / players, that we also have high profile players such as Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Ryan Fraser, Scott McTominay, Kieran Tierney & Stuart Armstrong plus some of the key Celtic players (who top their Europa group and have just beaten Lazio both home and away) such as James Forrest, Ryan Christie & Callum McGregor and even Ryan Jack at Rangers who again are performing very well on the European stage.

It won't be easy, especially playing away, however it's far from a forlorn hope.............

Stuart Armstrong as a 'high-profile' player is pushing it a bit, but regardless you have mentioned 8 midfielders and 2 left backs, which unfortunately sums up our entire problem. As much as I really want to be optimistic, I can't see that team going away and getting a result against any half decent side.

Are we really shiting it over potentially playing Norway to qualify?

Don't get me wrong, they have good players but it's not exactly Germany or Brazil we've got

We are so negative it's unreal. Ok out of the way 4 teams we're 3rd favourites but there's not a great deal in it and these are the sort of teams we need to beat to qualify

Its Wiki, but it has the Norway-Serbia game being a 18:00 (5pm) KO.

Que lots of optimistic fans booking flights before we go and do a Killie!

Imagine Israel qualified! And Bulgaria are potentially two home games away from the Euros too after winning 1 game in qualifying and much racist abuse.

Edited by Kejan

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just got off work. So we might qualify for a tournament by beating Albania, Israel, and one of Norway or Serbia?

Surely we've never had an easier campaign

To qualify for WC 1950 and WC 1954 we only had to finish above Northern Ireland and Wales. To qualify for WC 1986 we only had to finish above Iceland and Wales then beat Australia in a playoff. We could have qualified for Euro 2016 by finishing above Eire, Georgia and Gibraltar: but managed to come 4th. So it's got contenders.

Israel is a tougher draw than Bulgaria but a better draw than Romania and probably Hungary. We did lose away and scrape win at home.

Final being away is tough and having to potentially win in Belgrade especially would be no easy task.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

So are we going to be the only host nation who haven't qualified if we dont get through this play off  ? 

Any other hosts in danger of non qualification  ? 

Hungary and Romania can't both qualify - they're both in the A Play-off Path with Iceland and Bulgaria

Azerbaijan are already eliminated.

The Republic of Ireland are also in the B - Playoff Path

While we did scrape a win at home, we had Callum Paterson at right back, a weakness which determined much of Israel's attacking tactics. Hopefully with Palmer/Tierney at rb along with Forrest (who as a winger is excellent defensively) we won't be such a soft touch. I can see us employing the same high press we showed against Kazakhstan and the first 20mins of the Russia game and taking 3 or 4 off them.

19 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Also hadn't realised that if we don't make it the team that does qualify from our bracket will play their group games at Hampden :lol: Bit cruel.

They’ll play England at Wembley. That was guaranteed when we failed to qualify through the group (they would have held a draw to determine where the Scotland v England game was to be played if we had come through the qualifiers). 

Although all venues are technically neutral. So such a fixture could easily have been - and still might be - Scotland v England, but at Wembley.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think we'll surprise lots of people by losing to Israel, before winning resoundingly in Oslo.:ph34r:

That would be impossible - Israel is a semi final, we would have to win it to qualify for a final against the winner of Norway-Serbia.