Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So are we going to be the only host nation who haven't qualified if we dont get through this play off  ? 

Any other hosts in danger of non qualification  ? 

Yeah Azerbaijan and everyone else have already qualified you rocket.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't think Brown had even made his debut for Scotland by that point. You'll be thinking of the Macedonia game after he contested a drop ball and won a corner for us.

He did indeed play.

image.png.a7b1fd99cb7309444e8ca1c7527a6707.png

27 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Is this Kenny still having a meltdown all because someone said Ryan Jack wasn't very good? :lol:

Meltdown you say.......ha ha. 

I wanted Norway away as the draw and that's what happened I am well pleased.

The tie will be over in Oslo after 15mins if we fluke it past Israel.

What if Israel win at hamdump does that mean big eck was the right man after all, sure hope so just for the scenes.

A couple more friendlies might have been helpful for once before this.
We’re surely going to beat the Israelis.
After that will be tough. Away draw has fucked it, and it’s probably beyond us on current form. As has been said, regardless of rankings, if we can’t beat Norway or Serbia we’re wasting our time at the Euros anyway.

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

What if Israel win at hamdump does that mean big eck was the right man after all, sure hope so just for the scenes.

I'm not so sure, although not great they're not a bad side so I'd expect the Norwegians to remain competitive until Half time at least............

Easy to say as it was us, but if you are going to seed teams in a bracket, the #1 seed should always play the final at home if they get there IMO.

That #2 or even #3 could play #1 at home in the final is ridiculous, and wouldn't happen in any other sport I can think of off the top of my head

26 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Rangers dying has really gotten to you Kenny.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Attack wise Norway are decent.  John King, Martin Odegaard, Haaland and Sorloth are all excellent players that are better than our players in the same position. Who are their defenders though? Ajer?  Looking at their Wiki page there aren't too many defenders who I've heard of so we could fancy our chances of a goal.

Serbia have a truly fantastic defence with Champions League level players. Kolarov, Maksimovic etc. Midfield they have Tadic, Milijovic and up front they have Mitrovic.  They would be a scary team to play away against in a must win match.

Norway please.

If Ajer was Scottish he'd be, by far, our number one centre half.

We're shite at the back and up front, respectable in midfield and spoiled at left back. It's a weird team.

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Both Norway & Serbia have had similar type results to ourselves in this qualification campaign, hence the reason both failed to qualify automatically.

Make no mistake neither are world beaters and similar to Scotland have a mix of players playing Champions league and Europa league football along with a few guys playing at a lower level.

While we have a tendency to talk our own teams down and worry about the guys mentioned above, I'm sure it won't be lost on their supporters / players, that we also have high profile players such as Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Ryan Fraser, Scott McTominay, Kieran Tierney & Stuart Armstrong plus some of the key Celtic players (who top their Europa group and have just beaten Lazio both home and away) such as James Forrest, Ryan Christie & Callum McGregor and even Ryan Jack at Rangers who again are performing very well on the European stage.

It won't be easy, especially playing away, however it's far from a forlorn hope.............

That made me want to stand up and shout 'GAINST WHO!

Mind you, it probably made a Norwegian want to stand up and shout;

Lord Robertson, Lord McGinn, Sir Ryan Fraser, Sir Scott McTominay, Kieran Tierney, Stuart Armstrong, Lady James Forrest, vi har slått dem alle sammen, vi har slått dem alle sammen! Ryan Christie, can you hear me? Ryan Christie, your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Is this Kenny still having a meltdown all because someone said Ryan Jack wasn't very good? :lol:

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

So... that's a yes then?

Israel have been terrible recently and have an awful away record, so we can’t complain with that.

Norway also have only beaten the Faroes and Malta this campaign (and not exactly convincingly) and seem to draw all the time, with decent teams like Spain and Sweden too. It’s not an impossible game and there’s a high possibility they go to extra time in the semi.

Serbia concede in almost every game they play, including 7 to Ukraine and a few to Luxembourg and Lithuania. They also seem to score in every game though. Both teams are absolutely beatable but I can see us being edged out by both sadly.

It’s a tall order but we have to be positive. Israel won’t be easy beaten but we should be getting past them. Norway/Serbia away is a bit of a nightmare and you’d have to pick Norway as the preferred team to play. I don’t think we’d beat Serbia but I think Norway, at a push, is doable. I think we can all agree that it’s unlikely we’ll go through to Euro 2020 but the last thing we need is the negativity of not managing and “typical Scotland” pish. I’m feeling optimistic after the Kazakh game, especially from the second half performance. Whatbwe don’t want is to be a miserable old negative b*****d like Tom English. His BBC report on the game was depressing, ridiculous really.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

So are we going to be the only host nation who haven't qualified if we dont get through this play off  ? 

Any other hosts in danger of non qualification  ? 

Azerbaijan cant qualify. 

Hungary, Romania, ROI and Scotland are all in the Play Offs. Only one of Hungary or Romania can qualify.

So there will be at least two host nations missing out. 5 at most.

It's a pretty weird way UEFA have went about this tbh. I'm surprised they haven't scheduled the semis and final either in a pre-selected neutral country or one of the teams competing, like they did with the finals in Portugal this summer. 

I suppose some smaller countries wouldn't be able to host two games at the same time but you'd think it'd be pretty easy to regionalise, i.e Path A semis in Dublin/Glasgow, Path B in Copenhagen/Malmo etc rather than leaving everyone in the dark until a few days before the game.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s a tall order but we have to be positive. Israel won’t be easy beaten but we should be getting past them. Norway/Serbia away is a bit of a nightmare and you’d have to pick Norway as the preferred team to play. I don’t think we’d beat Serbia but I think Norway, at a push, is doable. I think we can all agree that it’s unlikely we’ll go through to Euro 2020 but the last thing we need is the negativity of not managing and “typical Scotland” pish. I’m feeling optimistic after the Kazakh game, especially from the second half performance. Whatbwe don’t want is to be a miserable old negative b*****d like Tom English. His BBC report on the game was depressing, ridiculous really.

It is a very decent draw. Israel is the team most would have chosen before hand.

Fair enough it is disappointing the final is away, assuming we get there,  but it isn’t the end of the world.

I am not fussed who it is in the final. Hopefully by that time we have a full strength squad to pick from with players on form with their clubs.  Having Griffiths back and scoring regularly would be a boost. 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Azerbaijan cant qualify. 

Hungary, Romania, ROI and Scotland are all in the Play Offs. Only one of Hungary or Romania can qualify.

So there will be at least two host nations missing out. 5 at most.

Thanks for that. 

Would imagine the semi final and final to be 1945 kick offs especially if we play the Thursday and Tuesday nights  ?

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thanks for that. 

Would imagine the semi final and final to be 1945 kick offs especially if we play the Thursday and Tuesday nights  ?

I've no idea, I'd assume so though, unless they make it 7:45 local time. So the away leg would be at a later time? Seemed to be a generic time for the groups anyway.