Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

When was the last time we won a competitive game away to a team around our level or above? Croatia back in 2013? And they had pretty much already qualified...

We just don’t do it away from home. Norway are also better than us.

We had to beat a shite Slovenia team (who were already out) in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers to get in to the play-offs. We went 1-0 up and still found a way to f**k it up.

Now, I’m not saying we’ll f**k it up...but we’ll probably f**k it up.

Again, you seem to be completely oblivious to the concept of some teams being better than other teams.

If we end up playing Serbia away, then it's on a par (no pun intended) with Dunfermline needing to beat, say, Aberdeen at Pittodrie to reach the Scottish Cup semis. 

Not impossible, but far from a pre-determined "f**k up" if it doesn't happen. 

Edited by The Master

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Attack wise Norway are decent.  John King, Martin Odegaard, Haaland and Sorloth are all excellent players that are better than our players in the same position. Who are their defenders though? Ajer?  Looking at their Wiki page there aren't too many defenders who I've heard of so we could fancy our chances of a goal.

Serbia have a truly fantastic defence with Champions League level players. Kolarov, Maksimovic etc. Midfield they have Tadic, Milijovic and up front they have Mitrovic.  They would be a scary team to play away against in a must win match.

Norway please.

Norway actually have the more imposing home record - unbeaten in 16/18 since September 2013.  Only Italy and Germany have beaten them at home during that period.

Serbia had a disastrous campaign trying to qualify for Euro 2016 - but have only lost 1 of their last 12 at home since then, a 4-2 defeat to Portugal in September.

Norway's 2019 home record:

3-3 v Sweden, 2-2 v Romania, 2-0 v Malta, 1-1 v Spain, 4-0 v Faroes.

Serbia's 2019 home record:

4-1 v Lithuania, 2-4 v Portugal, 1-0 v Paraguay, 3-2 v Luxembourg, 2-2 v Ukraine.

Again, you seem to be completely alien to the concept of some teams being better than other teams.
If we end up playing Serbia away, then it's on a par (no pun intended) with Dunfermline needing to beat, say, Aberdeen at Pittodrie to reach the Scottish Cup semis. 
Not impossible, but far from a pre-determined "f**k up" if it doesn't happen. 

Did you completely ignore the part where I said Norway are better than us? At home, we have a good record. Very good, actually. We’d have had a much better chance at taking one of these teams at Hampden.

Just now, DAFC. said:

Did you completely ignore the part where I said Norway are better than us? At home, we have a good record. Very good, actually. We’d have had a much better chance at taking one of these teams at Hampden.

No, but in any case it just reinforces my point.

Regardless of the opposition, you've declared this a self-inflicted f**k up before a ball has even been kicked in the play-offs. 

No, but in any case it just reinforces my point.
Regardless of the opposition, you've declared this a self-inflicted f**k up before a ball has even been kicked in the play-offs. 

You know it, I know, everyone knows it: Scotland will comfortably dispatch Israel and lose the final in glorious-failure-type circumstances. It’s one thing we are world class at.

Just now, DAFC. said:

You know it, I know, everyone knows it: Scotland will comfortably dispatch Israel and lose the final in glorious-failure-type circumstances. It’s one thing we are world class at.

With every post you make, you simply reinforce what I'm saying.

If it's a "glorious failure" that suggests we gave it our all but simply lost to a better team. Which is an odd definition of "a f**k up".