Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

Ok so it’s filled up from down not from up then.
In our case (and most other cases) yes. Technically it depends on exactly which teams make it directly.
A team which won their nations league group can't play a team from a higher league in the playoffs but if there's no group winners in that league's playoff route, they can play a team from a higher division.

3 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Going to Serbia would not fill me with confidence either

No it really wouldn’t. Looks like Bulgaria or Israel for us, then to play Norway or Serbia.

We’re all absolutely rotten. Only Hungary and Finland seems to be making a go of it.

oh, and Kosovo from the tier below.

According to Sportsound yesterday, at this moment in time, we will face Bulgaria at Hampden and the winner of that tie will face the winner of Norway & Serbia with the nation pulling lots to see where it will be played.

At this moment in time, I’m not convinced we have it in us.

Guest DAVIDB69
The Final would be Serbia away, I'm absolutely convinced that'll happen.
Theres zero chance we win that.
Another tournament missed, lads [emoji24]

Watching last night although Portugal won, Serbia show lot of decent movement and passing that we would struggle to live with.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

According to Sportsound yesterday, at this moment in time, we will face Bulgaria at Hampden and the winner of that tie will face the winner of Norway & Serbia with the nation pulling lots to see where it will be played.

At this moment in time, I’m not convinced we have it in us.

Sportsound talks shite. At this moment there'd be a draw between Bulgaria and Israel to see who plays us in the C play-offs and who goes to the A league play-offs to face Switzerland.

Everything's still up for grabs though with some close groups. Could still realistically face any of Finland/Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania.

Sportsound talks shite. At this moment there'd be a draw between Bulgaria and Israel to see who plays us in the C play-offs and who goes to the A league play-offs to face Switzerland.
Everything's still up for grabs though with some close groups. Could still realistically face any of Finland/Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania.
Switzerland and Denmark will finish above a rank rotten ROI team, so absolutely no danger of either Bulgaria or Israel playing them.

Switzerland and Denmark will finish above a rank rotten ROI team, so absolutely no danger of either Bulgaria or Israel playing them.

Even when ROI are playing crap they always manage to pick up points.
Looking at their group, a win in Georgia means they will have something to play for in the final game at home against Denmark. A draw might end up being good enough in that game.

Have I understood this right? I get the feeling I haven't. If the Euro qualifying groups all finished as they are, I think the play offs would be:

League d

Georgia v Luxembourg

Macedonia v Belarus

League C

Scotland v Bulgaria

Norway v Serbia

League B

Bosnia v Israel (up from League C)

Wales v Slovakia

League A

Netherlands v Romania (up from League C)

Switzerland v Iceland

Have I understood this right? I get the feeling I haven't. If the Euro qualifying groups all finished as they are, I think the play offs would be:
League d
Georgia v Luxembourg
Macedonia v Belarus
League C
Scotland v Bulgaria
Norway v Serbia
League B
Bosnia v Israel (up from League C)
Wales v Slovakia
League A
Netherlands v Romania (up from League C)
Switzerland v Iceland

You missed Czech Republic who are behind Kosovo now. That means there's no Romania in the playoffs.
Also if there is a space for another C league team in the C playoffs and also a space in the A or B playoffs, there's a draw to see which C team goes where. In this case that would be a draw between Bulgaria or Israel to go into the A or C playoffs.

You missed Czech Republic who are behind Kosovo now. That means there's no Romania in the playoffs.
Also if there is a space for another C league team in the C playoffs and also a space in the A or B playoffs, there's a draw to see which C team goes where. In this case that would be a draw between Bulgaria or Israel to go into the A or C playoffs.
Thanks, yeah, misread the Czechs. I didn't know about the draw thing, I assumed they'd do it in order, so the higher placed League C team would be in the B play-offs rather than the A. Cheers.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:
7 hours ago, charger29 said:

Thanks, yeah, misread the Czechs. I didn't know about the draw thing, I assumed they'd do it in order, so the higher placed League C team would be in the B play-offs rather than the A. Cheers.

Interesting - would've thought the higher up C team would've gone into the C playoff rather than a draw for B.

Although not going to happen, but if for example Lithuania somehow made the playoffs along with Israel,it would seem harsh that  Israel (who won matches in their NL group, 6 more points than Lithuania) wouldn't just directly get to play an 'easier' playoff in C than B.

Big fan though of this new playoff system and the dram each round brings regarding who might play who.

This sounded better in my head than written down. ;)

Edited by Kejan

7 hours ago, Kejan said:

Interesting - would've thought the higher up C team would've gone into the C playoff rather than a draw for B.

Although not going to happen, but if for example Lithuania somehow made the playoffs along with Israel,it would seem harsh that  Israel (who won matches in their NL group, 6 more points than Lithuania) wouldn't just directly get to play an 'easier' playoff in C than B.

Big fan though of this new playoff system and the dram each round brings regarding who might play who.

This sounded better in my head than written down. ;)

I'm sure you meant "drama", but "dram" works too...