Dundee U.T.D. v Queens

Former Dundee Utd & Falkirk goalkeeper Deniz Mehmet has signed for Queens until end of the season. He was released by Dundee Utd & has been training with St Johnstone since suffering injury last year. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Former Dundee Utd & Falkirk goalkeeper Deniz Mehmet has signed for Queens until end of the season. He was released by Dundee Utd & has been training with St Johnstone since suffering injury last year. 

Not another injury prone keeper I hope.  What's the reason behind this signing,  is Martin still injured or had he chucked his toys it the pram,  or is it just to have a more experienced back-up?

Not another injury prone keeper I hope.  What's the reason behind this signing,  is Martin still injured or had he chucked his toys it the pram,  or is it just to have a more experienced back-up?

Injured celebrating a goal in last years play-offs, so not too injury prone I don’t think. A solid keeper at this level. If he 1. Plays and 2. Performs well, no reason to not sign him up for next season. Doubt Martin will be at the club then

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

For god’s  sake don’t score.  He will be fine up until you score.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He's been training with us since getting injured, not St. Johnstone.

I preferred Deniz to the current jobby we have between the sticks. One second he looks decent then he goes and throws one in, kicks it straight out of play or puts a defender under pressure with a stupid pass.

Och well, hopefully he wont be called upon too regularly now we seem to be winning games 1-0 now.

Weirdly enough, to the best of my knowledge, his worst games came against Queen of the South. Apart from that, he's an average keeper, 6/10 and will rarely go higher or lower.
Yaaaas, an average GK :D

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does he command his area? Or an improvement would even be; has he ever jumped and caught a ball from a cross?

He was brought in as a reserve and had to wait a long time to get his chance whilst the young guy in goal visibly deteriorated before our eyes. When he did get a chance he was refreshingly mediocre. He only played half a dozen games though. Never did anything great or particularly shite. 

I'd be happy with a United win in this match. 

I feel we have a good squad but constantly play with the handbrake on. We've only won 2 matches by more than one goal this season and those were against the bottom two.

On the face of it, QOTS (Queen of the South) have very little to offer and Dobbie is finished against non part time teams or Falkirk and Dundee.

2-2

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I preferred Deniz to the current jobby we have between the sticks. One second he looks decent then he goes and throws one in, kicks it straight out of play or puts a defender under pressure with a stupid pass.

Och well, hopefully he wont be called upon too regularly now we seem to be winning games 1-0 now.

I’m not overly critical of Seigrist (and let’s face it I’m critical of everyone).  He’s at a level I would expect in this league.

Are there any really good goalies in the Championship?

I'd be happy with a United win in this match. 
I feel we have a good squad but constantly play with the handbrake on. We've only won 2 matches by more than one goal this season and those were against the bottom two.
On the face of it, QOTS (Queen of the South) have very little to offer and Dobbie is finished against non part time teams or Falkirk and Dundee.
2-2
Far too hard.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not overly critical of Seigrist (and let’s face it I’m critical of everyone).  He’s at a level I would expect in this league.

Fair enough. I just think hes just all round dog shite. 

He IS better than the absolute plonker we had last season tbf. But so is my 4 month old son.

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Fair enough. I just think hes just all round dog shite. 

He IS better than the absolute plonker we had last season tbf. But so is my 4 month old son.

You’re living in a fantasy land if you think Lewis cost us anywhere near as many points as Seigrist has this season. 

Archived