Dundee U.T.D. v Queens

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a fairly sizeable number of United fans that seem to think that Mehmet was a good goalkeeper based on a handful of appearances. For me he had one or two important performances but the fact that he has played so few first team games for a 26 year old goalkeeper to me suggests that it means he is more than likely a bit 'meh'. We had a chance to offer him a short-term deal to challenge Siegrist but obviously did not think he was good enough for that (despite Siegrist himself being not particularly great). I wish him all the best but it always raises a smile when United fans on social media seem to think he would have solved our goalkeeping problems.

All I want from the match itself today is another three points. The next seven days will decide the run-in so if we can get a win it at least keeps a bit of pressure on County who you would expect to win today but then have Inverness and United in the space of just a few days. 

I would like to see Dundee Utd go up but only if Dundee go down. I know P&B has it in for crowd figures but you've consistently backed your team. Love the Speedwell and the Perth Road pub crawl:wub:, best thing about being in the championship.

On 3/27/2019 at 08:14, palmy_cammy said:

I'm fairly confident the break will have done us good.  If for no other reason than it would be difficult for us to be much worse than we've been latterly.

That being said though, this is as hard a game as you can get at this level so I expect things to get worse before they get better.  We have struggled against United even when they have been going through their own sticky patches, so I don't hold out much hope of getting something now they appear to be semi-competent.  I think we have been guilty of playing "the name" in the past and showing United too much respect when the likes of Dumbarton were going to Tannadice and winning.  After having a decent record when they first came down, it feels like The Terrors now have the upper hand over us and I don't recall us getting much from our trips to Tayside (except when we played the "wee team").

We'll no doubt look to sit in and hit the hosts on the counter but as they seem  to have discovered a new found ability to grind out results I don't see it being a successful tactic.  If our defence holds firm (lol) then it might be a narrow victory for United.  If they get an early goal it could be a trouncing.

Watched them a couple of weeks ago at Dundee and when they get a goal they are happy to sit in  Play more like the away team. Some say they manage the game well for me its time wasting. Nothing like the size of support I remember but its about promotion. When Queens get the first goal it will mean they need to open up and that will let Mr Dobbie get back on the scoring trail  2 - 0 to Queens.

38 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I would like to see Dundee Utd go up but only if Dundee go down. I know P&B has it in for crowd figures but you've consistently backed your team. Love the Speedwell and the Perth Road pub crawl:wub:, best thing about being in the championship.

Alloa fans have consistently backed their team too.

It's just that there are fewer of them.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Alloa fans have consistently backed their team too.

It's just that there are fewer of them.

I see you've posted 6 or 7 times on the Glasgow derby thread and only twice on here monkey can see where your attention is.
Fixtures are quite kind today maybe falkirk could get a point at inverness but Queens, the jags and alloa have all tough games.

There seems to be a fairly sizeable number of United fans that seem to think that Mehmet was a good goalkeeper based on a handful of appearances. For me he had one or two important performances but the fact that he has played so few first team games for a 26 year old goalkeeper to me suggests that it means he is more than likely a bit 'meh'.

I'd say he's as much 'meh' as 'met'.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

You drive a hard bargain, but to hell with it - you’ve got a deal!

Leighfield

Mercer
Doyle
Maguire
Marshall

Stirling
McGrath
Jacobs
Todd

Dykes
Dobbs

As good as can be expected. Looks, on paper, to be a positive line-up and I hope it's a 442. If Dobbs is isolated up front again then it's irrelevant who's behind him. At least we haven't loaded up with defenders.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Leighfield

Mercer
Doyle
Maguire
Marshall

Stirling
McGrath
Jacobs
Todd

Dykes
Dobbs

As good as can be expected. Looks, on paper, to be a positive line-up and I hope it's a 442. If Dobbs is isolated up front again then it's irrelevant who's behind him. At least we haven't loaded up with defenders.

Just waiting for us to start with Jacobs at centre back, Doyle right mid and Todd in the middle :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I see you've posted 6 or 7 times on the Glasgow derby thread and only twice on here monkey can see where your attention is.
Fixtures are quite kind today maybe falkirk could get a point at inverness but Queens, the jags and alloa have all tough games.

Far fewer wallopers on here who need their nonsense highlighted and challenged.

0-0 at half time isn't disastrous, but we've seen this movie a lot lately, whereby the opponent is on top and finally gets rewarded in the last twenty minutes.

QOTS guaranteed at least a point now. We incapable of coming back from behind to win. Unless we're playing Alloa.

It looked like we've been playing well 1st half but were far too wasteful in front of goal yet again.

Archived