Bino's v Cowden

Albion nothing special but pressing high and created the better chances.
Cowden back to front at first opportunity and Jordan Allan won nothing with Renton playing behind him. 
Cowden have better quality but need to start passing the ball. 
Route 1? Well f**k me sideways. I'm shocked.

We're a dreadful side to watch with players capable of better. Is GB out of contract at the end of this season?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took this game in this evening. It wasn't easy on the eye but it was good fun and Albion Rovers deserved their win. I watched them play Stenhousemuir in the League Cup group stages in August and they were one of the worst teams I've ever seen, probably worse than the Shire's tenner-a-week era, but they were a thousand times better tonight. Smart Osadalor and Declan Byrne looked really good in attack (the former in particular, who was always adventurous on the ball, even if it didn't always come off), the back four were rock solid (albeit against mediocre opposition) and the goalkeeper pulled off a tremendous save towards the death.

I think they'll stay up, and fair play to them!

I thought the thread title was a subtle dig at Bet365, who had Stirling Albion's recent stats listed instead of Rovers'. If you clicked on stats, it actually said Stirling v Cowdenbeath!

What a goal it was from Byrne, about 25 yards and it was still rising when it hit the net. He's more than made up for his kick out at home to Stirling, when the home fans would gladly have seen him lynched. 

Two superb stops in either half from Morrison, a candidate for MOTM along with Byrne and Osodolar. Hardie was a good choice though. Thought the crowd was high 300s, not low 300s. Better than many midweek crowds when Rovers were in the higher level.

30 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Took this game in this evening. It wasn't easy on the eye but it was good fun and Albion Rovers deserved their win. I watched them play Stenhousemuir in the League Cup group stages in August and they were one of the worst teams I've ever seen, probably worse than the Shire's tenner-a-week era, but they were a thousand times better tonight. Smart Osadalor and Declan Byrne looked really good in attack (the former in particular, who was always adventurous on the ball, even if it didn't always come off), the back four were rock solid (albeit against mediocre opposition) and the goalkeeper pulled off a tremendous save towards the death.

I take it the cameraman was from your show?

Deserved win for Albion over the 90 mins.  Pressed high in the first half, had a good outlet to Ben Reilly and front two were superb. Cowden’s first 45mins consisted of a long ball at first chance to Jordan Allan who won nothing all night. Renton in behind him was a joke.

Second half Albion sat deeper but remained well organised and Cowden created little. Great save from morrison from a point blank Pyper header. 

Cant fault the Cowden players for their effort, they were let down badly by their managers tactics. Fraser going off was a joke, Bollan has lost the plot. 

Albion will finish 9th and we will be in the play off and that’s exactly what we deserve. 

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Albion nothing special but pressing high and created the better chances.

Cowden back to front at first opportunity and Jordan Allan won nothing with Renton playing behind him. 

Cowden have better quality but need to start passing the ball. 

100% agree perversely Lennon didn't have a save to make by half time & Morrison  pulled of 2 possibly 3.

Our MOTM in my opinion Pyper who was unlucky not to score second half another great sop from Morrison. The route one style we have slipped into simply hasn't worked, if I 'm honest we haven't put in an acceptable performance since the Rangers cup tie second half & have very much lost our mojo.

Not much between the teams tonight bar a cracking finish from Byrne, congratulations to the Rovers enjoy your evening  good team spirit evident and some great backing from the crowd, given yourselves a real chance,, if it transpires that Berwick find themselves 10th then I hope they can  find the same spirit and win the play off's as I wouldn't like to see them or indeed the Rovers drop out of league 2.

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

1-0 Albion Rovers, a shot from over 35 yards out according to Sky Sports. Guessing it will be a tap in from a yard out then emoji23.png

Berwick must be shiting themselves.

Fabulous strike from Byrne. Most players would have taken it closer in to the goals and made sure it went in, but he went for the risky effort. Slight knock forward and lashed it right in the top corner before our keeper even knew what was happening. Nobody would have saved that.

Same poor play from us. Chances to score, but terrible shooting again. Few utterly bizzare offside calls, one for each side. Rovers looked good for a goal when the decision went against them. Glad we have a points gap, because we would struggle to win the play-offs this time.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Few good saves tonight. The save from  Bollan's header near the end was vital. Looked like it was sailing in, even though it was straight at the keeper. 

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

Few good saves tonight. The save from  Bollan's header near the end was vital. Looked like it was sailing in, even though it was straight at the keeper. 

However the header was from Pyper!

11 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Not on the video camera behind the goal it didn't or indeed the other press commentators.

Well, can't argue with the camera, but I was sure it was Bollan and the reports said Bollan as well, but you can't always trust them 

Archived